The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
bjeremiah

Is America the endtime Beast country prophesized in Revelation and Daniel?

Staff

Rev. 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, AND with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Mat 23:34  Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 
Mat 23:35  That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 
Mat 23:36  Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 
Mat 23:37  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 

And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Revelation 19:20 ESV

This proves that both of the beasts were people, not nations.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 5:45 PM, davidtaylorjr said:

Don't know and I think it is foolish to try and guess.

John says blessed is he who understands these words in the Book of Revelation.  I think we are intended to at least try to figure it out.

Staff
1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

John says blessed is he who understands these words in the Book of Revelation.  I think we are intended to at least try to figure it out.

The problem is according to you NO ONE could have understood for almost 17 centuries.  The U.S did not come into being until 1776.

• Toast 1

1 hour ago, Origen said:

The problem is according to you NO ONE could have understood for almost 17 centuries.  The U.S did not come into being until 1776.

A prophet knowing the future knows.

Staff
On 12/16/2018 at 1:48 PM, CDF47 said:

A prophet knowing the future knows.

I did not say a prophet didn't.  I just followed the logic of your claim.

You said: "John says blessed is he who understands these words in the Book of Revelation."    

If it is the U.S. as you said,

and blessed are those who understand,

it follows that no one was blessed for almost 17 centuries because no one could have understood it was the U.S. before the U.S. existed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Origen said:

I did not say a prophet didn't.  I just followed the logic of your claim.

You said: "John says blessed is he who understands these words in the Book of Revelation."    

If it is the U.S. as you said,

and blessed are those who understand,it follows that no one was blessed for almost 17 centuries because no one could have understood it was the U.S. before the U.S. existed.

That wasn't a direct quote but a summary of what John said. John stated, "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

It took time for the RCC and US to come to fruition. 

Staff
50 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

That wasn't a direct quote but a summary of what John said. John stated, "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

Nevertheless I simply followed what you said to it logical conclusion.

However it is interesting what you claimed John said he actually did not say.  You said "John says blessed is he who understands these words in the Book of Revelation."  He never used the word "understand."

37 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

You need to get off this kick that the second beast is the USA. The first beast is the Roman Empire. Both Hitler and Mussolini considered themselves resurrected Rome. They received the wound in the head: We completely stripped Germany and Italy of their colonies and wealth and even occupied Germany after two world wars, we were fed up. We almost didn't stop Germany the last time why should we let it come to power again. But wait! They are already a power again, and a nuclear power at that. It seems we don't learn our lessons.

Anyway, the second beast comes in as a lamb (two horns) and spiritually gets in bed with the first beast. The second beast is the RCC. Catholicism is Europe's identity. The Papacy has been and will be actively involved with the new ECC. The RCC has a lot of property in the USA but they still don't have influence over the government like they do in Europe. Not likely to get it either.

1 hour ago, Origen said:

Nevertheless I simply followed what you said to it logical conclusion.

However it is interesting what you claimed John said he actually did not say.  You said "John says blessed is he who understands these words in the Book of Revelation."  He never used the word "understand."

Yeah, I clarified that with the exact quote.

1 hour ago, deade said:

You need to get off this kick that the second beast is the USA. The first beast is the Roman Empire. Both Hitler and Mussolini considered themselves resurrected Rome. They received the wound in the head: We completely stripped Germany and Italy of their colonies and wealth and even occupied Germany after two world wars, we were fed up. We almost didn't stop Germany the last time why should we let it come to power again. But wait! They are already a power again, and a nuclear power at that. It seems we don't learn our lessons.

Anyway, the second beast comes in as a lamb (two horns) and spiritually gets in bed with the first beast. The second beast is the RCC. Catholicism is Europe's identity. The Papacy has been and will be actively involved with the new ECC. The RCC has a lot of property in the USA but they still don't have influence over the government like they do in Europe. Not likely to get it either.

What's the ECC?