The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
bjeremiah

Is America the endtime Beast country prophesized in Revelation and Daniel?

"son of perdition"

[Jhn 17:12 NKJV] 12 "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
[2Th 2:3 NKJV] 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for [that Day will not come] unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

"man of sin"

[2Th 2:3 NKJV] 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for [that Day will not come] unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

[Paul only seems to mention 'him' once.]

Since Paul seems to concentrate what he has to say about this into one location, let's look at all of it together ...

[2Th 2:1-12 NIV] 1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us--whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter--asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

• Like 1

Staff

There is no need , for us, to think we should change the wording of the Scriptures :classic_smile:

4 hours ago, atpollard said:

"The beast" is much more popular ...

[Psa 68:30 NIV] 30 Rebuke the beast among the reeds, the herd of bulls among the calves of the nations. Humbled, may the beast bring bars of silver. Scatter the nations who delight in war.
[Dan 7:7, 11, 19, 23 NIV] 7 "After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast--terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns. ... 11 "Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. ... 19 "Then I wanted to know the meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying, with its iron teeth and bronze claws--the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. ... 23 "He gave me this explanation: 'The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.
[Rev 11:7 NIV] 7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.
[Rev 13:2-5, 8, 11-12, 14-15, 17-18 NIV] 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?" 5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. ... 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world. ... 11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. ... 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. ... 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

[Rev 14:9, 11 NIV] 9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, ... 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name."
[Rev 15:2 NIV] 2 And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God
[Rev 16:2, 10, 13 NIV] 2 The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. ... 10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony ... 13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
[Rev 17:3, 7, 11-13, 16-17 NIV] 3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. ... 7 Then the angel said to me: "Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. ... 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. 12 "The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. 13 They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast. ... 16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God's words are fulfilled.
[Rev 19:19-20 NIV] 19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
[Rev 20:4, 10 NIV] 4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. ... 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Beast powers refer to nations or church/nations in the Scriptures.  Antichrist or the son of perdition refers to a man or the office of a man.

Staff

We use the Scriptures to help us understand Scripture right? 

How do the Scriptures define antichrist? 

2 hours ago, Becky said:

We use the Scriptures to help us understand Scripture right? 

How do the Scriptures define antichrist? 

1Jn 2:18-22
(18)  Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
(19)  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
(20)  But you have an unction from the Holy One, and you know all things.
(21)  I have not written unto you because you know not the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
(22)  Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denies the Father and the Son.

From John Gill's Exposition of the Bible

...who set themselves against Christ, and were opposers of his person, incarnation, and office; who either denied that he was the Christ, or that he was come in the flesh, the truth of his incarnation, or his proper deity, or real humanity, such as Ebion, Cerinthus, and others. The apostle might well say there were many, since in his time were the followers of Simon Magus, the Menandrians, Saturnilians, Basilidians, Nicolaites, Gnostics, Carpocratians, Cerinthians, Ebionites, and Nazarenes, as reckoned up by Epiphanius. And hence we learn, that antichrist is not one single individual, but many; antichrist in the former clause is explained by antichrists in this; see 1Jo_2:22; and though the popes of Rome are, by way of eminence, the antichrist that should come, and which those deceivers were the forerunners of, and paved the way for; yet they are not the only antichrists, there were others before them, and there are many now besides them. 

So the end-times false prophet son of perdition man of sin titled as that Wicked is antichrist, but never in Scripture given the apellation "The Antichrist".

Edited by Placable37
Had to edit
  • Like 1

@Becky I believe the antichrist and antichrists is the office of the pope.

Edited by CDF47

1 minute ago, CDF47 said:

@Becky I believe the antichrist and antichrists is the office of the pope.

Wouldn't that be better "includes" the office of the pope? Otherwise it gets a bit fuzzy on history and the Scriptural context of the epistles. Ok?

• Like 1

Just now, Placable37 said:

Wouldn't that be better "includes" the office of the pope? Otherwise it gets a bit fuzzy on history and the Scriptural context of the epistles. Ok?

Yeah, that is true.  It include the pope's office at the forefront but is not restricted to it.

Staff

Thanks guys. I have this personal thing about how often we misuse the terms antichrist and The great tribulation. . That ol antichrist/tribulation have sold millions of books with false dates and happenings.  The Scriptures do not tell us there is "The Antichrist" , Nor does Jesus say"The Great Tribulation. " The author of the Scriptures chose the definition He wanted in Scripture . 

A quick over simplified example :

Mat_21:2  Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. 
We dont change the above verse to read camel. 

@CDF47 A father in law was SDA . So i hear ya :classic_smile:

@Placable37 Aren't we His temple. Can God's kids be so deceived we allow a the man of sin into His temple?

1 hour ago, Becky said:

Thanks guys. I have this personal thing about how often we misuse the terms antichrist and The great tribulation. . That ol antichrist/tribulation have sold millions of books with false dates and happenings.  The Scriptures do not tell us there is "The Antichrist" , Nor does Jesus say"The Great Tribulation. " The author of the Scriptures chose the definition He wanted in Scripture . 

A quick over simplified example :

Mat_21:2  Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. 
We dont change the above verse to read camel. 

@CDF47 A father in law was SDA . So i hear ya :classic_smile:

@Placable37 Aren't we His temple. Can God's kids be so deceived we allow a the man of sin into His temple?

I disagree with much of the SDA teachings and I find them to be a cult.  However, I think they do teach a lot of truths, about prophesy specifically, to lure people in.  I don't believe in the Sunday law or anything like that but I do believe they have the end time beasts correct, for instance.  

Also, the Scriptures state that even the elect will be deceived during the end times so there will be strong deceptions.

Edited by CDF47

On 9/7/2018 at 1:02 PM, Becky said:

Paul never used the term antichrist 

I realize that the term is in 1 John 2:18. The early Church fathers wrote enough about the coming false one for the end using that term that it's still easy to know who is being spoken of. Greek word 'anti-Christ' in the sense of the coming false one that it is about, is defined as 'in place of Christ', or 'instead of Christ'. Even in 2 Corinthians 11, Paul warned the brethren about "another Jesus" he feared they would instead accept. Thus this Message of warning about the coming false one was also covered by Apostle Paul.

In Matthew 24, Jesus warns first about "many" who come in His Name, saying they are Christ. That's the "many antichrists" idea of 1 John 2:18. It points to the followers of the Antichrist. There have been many of those, even in my generation.

But later in Matthew 24, Jesus warns about a specific pseudo-Christ (pseudochristos) that will come and work great signs and wonders that IF possible, would deceive even His very elect. That's about the coming Antichrist, because in 1 John 2:18, John mentioned two antichrist concepts, not one. John first mentioned how the brethren had already heard that "antichrist" shall come. That's about the idea of a singular antichrist figure. The other phrase is when John told that there were already "many antichrists". Jesus covered both also in His Olivet discourse.

So where did they already hear about that antichrist that shall come? They heard from our Lord Jesus.

John 12:31-33
31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me.

33 This He said, signifying what death He should die.
KJV

Our Lord Jesus said that prior to His crucifixion. It has been popularly assumed that He was signaling how Satan would be cast out of this world and bound in the pit when Jesus defeated him on the cross. But that's not what our Lord Jesus really meant there. Our Lord Jesus was pointing to Satan's future casting out of Heaven with the war of Revelation 12:7-9. Our Lord Jesus' death on the cross sealed that future casting out, which is for the future time of great tribulation at the end of this world. It's actually why the end will be a time of great tribulation upon the Church.

Is there more Biblical proof for this idea? Yes. Apostle Peter in 1 Peter 5:8 warned us to be sober and vigilant, because our adversary the devil, walks about seeking whom he may devour. Peter said that after... Jesus said the above.

Our Lord Jesus also warned His disciples with this prior to His crucifixion...

John 14:30
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.
KJV

With "Hereafter", Jesus is speaking of a time after His death on the cross. This is where those in 1 John 2:18 had already heard that antichrist shall come. It's from our Lord Jesus' warning about "the prince of this world cometh"! And it's impossible to mistake who our Lord Jesus was talking about coming there with that "prince of this world" label; it's about the devil himself coming.

13 hours ago, Becky said:

My issue is that the OP and ensuing posts by the contributor deserved to be statirised. Did you not pick up the conversation?

On the matter of the temple of God that the man of sin sets himself up in it can be construed as the collective communion of Christ followers that is in view, see 2 Peter 2:1 below:

2Co 6:14-18
(14)  Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness?
(15)  And what concord has Christ with Belial? or what part has he that believes with an infidel?
(16)  And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(17)  Wherefore come out from among them(unbelievers), and be you separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
(18)  And will be a Father unto you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 

On 9/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, CDF47 said:

I disagree with much of the SDA teachings and I find them to be a cult.  However, I think they do teach a lot of truths, about prophesy specifically, to lure people in.  I don't believe in the Sunday law or anything like that but I do believe they have the end time beasts correct, for instance.  

Also, the Scriptures state that even the elect will be deceived during the end times so there will be strong deceptions.

Wait, I'll have to disagree with you on the elect being deceived. The scripture you refer to says just the opposite:

Mat. 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."  Do you see that the bolded phrase states that it is not possible.

7070.gif

• Like 2
  • Yay 1

On 9/8/2018 at 4:17 PM, davy said:

Our Lord Jesus was pointing to Satan's future casting out of Heaven with the war of Revelation 12:7-9.

I beg to differ with you on when Satan was cast out of heaven. The Rev.12 scripture covers a time period of pre-mankind history right up to the time of the end when Satan persecutes the church. The war in heaven happened before the Garden of Eden. Satan was already the adversary by then. The pre-incarnate Christ even described the event:

Luke 10:18 "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."        :RpS_thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deade said:

Wait, I'll have to disagree with you on the elect being deceived. The scripture you refer to says just the opposite:

Mat. 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."  Do you see that the bolded phrase states that it is not possible.

7070.gif

Oh, I never realized that.  Thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deade said:

I beg to differ with you on when Satan was cast out of heaven. The Rev.12 scripture covers a time period of pre-mankind history right up to the time of the end when Satan persecutes the church. The war in heaven happened before the Garden of Eden. Satan was already the adversary by then. The pre-incarnate Christ even described the event:

Luke 10:18 "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."        :RpS_thumbup:

Agreed.  The fall of Satan happened prior to the Garden of Eden.  I am surprised when other people think it is a future event.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, CDF47 said:

I don't believe in the Sunday law or anything like that but I do believe they have the end time beasts correct, for instance.  

I believe the second beast is the Church of Roman Catholics, with the pope at its head. Not the United States as the SDAs claim. Here are the scriptures describing the second beast:

"And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: For it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six" (Revelation 13:11-18).

The fire out of heaven looks like military shelling to me. The Catholics have exercised military power in the past. They could possibly do it again. Also notice the horns as a lamb, symbolically a counterfeit Christ. So having the horns like a lamb suggests this beast will be religious in nature. Could a modern emergence of the Holy Roman Empire make the Catholic Church membership mandatory? Probably not, but they could have enough influence on a government to pass laws favorable to them. It is in prophecy, so it is coming.  :RpS_thumbup:

• Like 1

Over many decades I have read and listened to so many who say they know all sorts of key things to understanding about the end times. In all honesty I am totally burned out to these end of times spokesman for the Bible. Deut. 29:29 is my best advice to much these uneducated, un-spiritual  people.  No person alive today has all the answers.

Jesus told us to be ready, it sounds too simple. Jesus knew much more than we ever will. I completely trust Jesus, and His words are enough for me. Most everything I have seen or read in most Christian Book stores has proven to be a waste of my time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, deade said:

I believe the second beast is the Church of Roman Catholics, with the pope at its head. Not the United States as the SDAs claim. Here are the scriptures describing the second beast:

"And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: For it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six" (Revelation 13:11-18).

The fire out of heaven looks like military shelling to me. The Catholics have exercised military power in the past. They could possibly do it again. Also notice the horns as a lamb, symbolically a counterfeit Christ. So having the horns like a lamb suggests this beast will be religious in nature. Could a modern emergence of the Holy Roman Empire make the Catholic Church membership mandatory? Probably not, but they could have enough influence on a government to pass laws favorable to them. It is in prophecy, so it is coming.  :RpS_thumbup:

I agree the fire out of heaven appears to be military action to me as well.  The United States has been well known for their air power in war.  The US has been at war continuously from its foundation it seems, either covertly (conflicts other than war) and overtly.  I believe the first beast is the RCC as SDA teaches.  Who do you think the first beast is?  

I suggest reading Operation Gladio by Paul Williams which shows close ties between the Vatican and the CIA (US government).  The US being like an image of the first beast.  Look at the deception in politics, media, secret societies, military, intelligence,....  The US is like a lamb (the US Constitution) speaking like a dragon (actions like the RCC).  I believe our nation has been infiltrated at the roots of government and society by secret societies and intelligence agencies which operate as rogue agencies that do as they feel (the deep state).  There is so much bureaucracy too in government it is crazy.  I could go into much more detail on this subject but I will leave it at that for now. 

I do love my country though with the US Constitution and the dream that it is the people's nation.  I just think it got hijacked and people allowed it to get this bad.  However, there has been some promise.  The economy is doing very well today and the fake news and deep state are out in the open in main stream media now so there is some promise.  The Bible does not say if the second beast will go back to being a lamb like nation again so that is still open.  I agree this will come to fruition and I believe it already has in many regards.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, bjeremiah said:

As you may already know the books of Revelation and Daniel etc. prophesized the Beast country, to be appeared in End time. Many people says about it: S
ome say it is EU (Europe Union) or other says it is
UN (United Nations) or other says it is resurrected Roman empire etc. For me, I convince that USA, America is this very nation, end time beast country. You can see this explanation at below:

The book of Daniel depicts this country as:
1.The country which has strong army (strong horn): America is the strongest war nation in the world. No country can fight with it.
2. which makes war with other country and destroyed them and opress others: : This is what America is now doing.
3. which Makes war with saints (christians) and get victory over them: America is the nation which make war against christians and its teaching and getting victory
(prohibit street evangelization and remove 10 commandments stone and force to accept homosexuality and abortion to christians)
4. which unites and captures all of the world nations and govern them: Everybody in the world knows Amarica is the strongest and war-like country in the world and America is always invading and destroying other countrys,
5. which hope to make the world as one world and hope to capture all the world and to be king of this world: Amerca's intention is revealed in its one dollar bill.
They need one-world and goven them and to establish anti-christ.

https://remnant153.jimdo.com/

Have you been listening to Irwin Baxter lately ? The man is supposed to be a prophecy expert. But what I find in him is some of the most bazar things imaginable . We may have a strong military, but if that were the case the communist , socialist, dictator Putin wouldn't be tempting us with his larger and more capable military to enter into a war with him.

• Like 1

Staff
20 hours ago, deade said:

The fire out of heaven looks like military shelling to me.

17 hours ago, CDF47 said:

I agree the fire out of heaven appears to be military action to me as well.  The United States has been well known for their air power in war.

There is absolutely no reason to think this has anything military shelling\air power.  You are reading into the text rather than trying to understand it from it own literacy, cultural, historical, and theological context\background.

It performs great signs, even making fire come down from heaven to earth in front of people, and by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived. (Rev. 13:13-14)

(1) Note the term "signs" used twice. The Greek word is σημεῖον.

σημεῖον as an event with special meaning was inevitably an unusual or even miraculous type of occurrence, and in a number of contexts σημεῖον may be rendered as ‘miracle.’

For the Gospel of John, however, a σημεῖον is not simply a miraculous event but something which points to a reality with even greater significance.
Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Based on Semantic Domains. 2nd Ed. (p. 443)

Thus this would not be just some event but "an unusual or even miraculous type of occurrence."  Military shelling\air power would not be an unusual event and certainly not a miraculous event.

Now before you commit the fallacy of begging the question stop.  The argument that military shelling\air power would appear to be "fire from heaven" to John simply won't work.   First, you are assuming what you must prove, namely you must show there is good reason to think it refers to military shelling\air power and that is what John saw.  Moreover, you must do so from the text itself.  You cannot.  Something like that is nothing more than pure speculation.  You simply have no way of knowing how John would describe military shelling\air power.  Calling it a guess would be too generous.  Second, you have to ignore the over all context.  There is nothing in the context that suggests a military setting of any kind.  You have simply forced a meaning upon a phrase for which you have no evidence.

(2) Revelation replies heavily upon the O.T.  The image of fire coming down from heaven is drawn from Elijah (See 1 Kings 18:38-39 and 2 Kings 1:10-14).  That is the background for this section of the passage.  There is zero need to look for modern military might as the answer.  Note the context.  This second beast (i.e. false prophet Rev. 19:20) exercises a prophet\priest function.  He preforms miraculous events like calling fire down from heaven, causing the idol to speak, and so speaks with the authority of the dragon.  It is a prophet\priest god relationship mean to mirror godly O.T. examples.

(3) Note these signs are meant to "deceive."  So how do these signs deceive?  They are false miracles.  John states: by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived."  Again note a prophet\priest god relationship.  They are to create an image of the beast and to worship it (v. 15).  That is the goal and purpose of the signs not military conquest.

Also note the phrase "allowed to work."  The false prophet is allowed to work signs.  The implication is not that he is allowed to work them by the dragon but allowed by God Himself.   If these signs are nothing more than military shelling\air power, that makes no sense.  In that case the false prophet would not really be doing anything unique or something that could considered a great sign.  Military shelling\air power have been used by literally thousands and thousands of times.  However working great signs\miracles like Elijah and Moses, now that is something only God could allow and that fits the context of the prophet\priest god relationship.

Nothing in the grammar, context, or background of this passage even suggests modern military shelling\air power.  It is nothing more than an attempt to force a 20th\21st century understanding upon a 1st century text.  It lacks all credibility.

• Like 1

Staff

Most all the end times hype is man centered. "The Revelations" is the Reveling of Christ.

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 

• Like 1

All we have to look at the many, many books, perhaps millions that men have written on end times. Seems a waste to me.

• Like 1

Staff

Joh_5:39  Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 

Are we to search for antichrists?