The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Kingdom Citizen

Requesting Prayer for June 12th Primaries

Judging form the total lack of a response for the last post I made a while back requesting prayer for certain upcoming Primaries, I might just be totally wasting my time with this post. Is there any praying Christians on these forums who understand that if the Church does not get involved in America's elections through prayer and other means that really, really bad things will happen? Things that do not necessarily have to happen? Huh? Surely there must be.

Oh well, I must try anyhoo.

I am requesting prayer for the several State primaries occurring on June 12th. Early voting is allowed in many states. June 12 th is the date set for theses states:

Maine 
Nevada 
North Dakota 
South 
Carolina
Virginia 

Here is the schedule for the dates of  all State Primaries for 2018 (Downloadable PDF):

https://transition.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2018/2018pdates_001.pdf

I am praying that the Lord will move on Christians in those states and in this Country in general to get involved and to get out and vote in this very important mid-term election cycle. I am praying victory for conservative, God fearing candidates that will benefit God's desire/plan for this country, the Church, and America. Praying that the Lord will raise up an army of Bible-believing, praying Christians that will be determined to get informed about candidates running for office, both concerning praying and also getting involved locally and nationally. Praying the Lord will lead the Church concerning who to pray for victory for.

Way too many Christian did not vote during the last presidential election cycle.

Praying the general prayer that “Gods will be done” is important of course. However,  I am speaking of praying for specifics. There is a place for prayers in general as well as for praying for specifics. God's Word teaches and demonstrates both.

I am praying that God will raise up praying Christians in the White House that will be informed and know what to pray for. Praying that God will "Knock that basket off" pertaining to such people so that their lights can shine in the White House.

• Like 2

Staff
3 hours ago, Kingdom Citizen said:

Is there any praying Christians on these forums who understand that if the Church does not get involved in America's elections through prayer and other means that really, really bad things will happen?

I hope so.

As for me, I live in California, and things have gotten really bad. I am moving from here and not looking back. Now this may sound totally selfish, but this state isn't worth me losing everything. With recent laws which were passed, this site could result in me being subjected to frivolous lawsuits. It doesn't matter if I or we have a first amendment right, one can lose everything in legal fees while a case is being escalated to the Supreme Court.

I'll be really surprised if I am here in California come this time next year.

In the meantime I pray for those engaged in political battle for Christ's name sake.

God bless,

William

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, William said:

I hope so.

As for me, I live in California, and things have gotten really bad. I am moving from here and not looking back. Now this may sound totally selfish, but this state isn't worth me losing everything. With recent laws which were passed, this site could result in me being subjected to frivolous lawsuits. It doesn't matter if I or we have a first amendment right, one can lose everything in legal fees while a case is being escalated to the Supreme Court.

In the meantime I pray for those engaged in political battle for Christ's name sake.

God bless,

William

I truly am praying for the state I called home for almost 40 years, California, as well as all you who live in other states fighting against the evil one.

William Like I have said before you would be most welcome in the most beautiful green state of Missouri. I would even be willing to find enough people to help you unpack ypur moving van. Now that is a lot dear friend/

Missouri is still free of legalized smoking of drugs, and we are pretty conservative politically. Housing here is unbelievable less expensive.  A nice 4 bedroom 3 bath 3,000 sqft house can be had for about $300,000. if someone wants land a 5 acre's with a 2,000 sqft house can be found as little as $200,000. There are all knds of houses higher and lower. Missouri is a wonderful best kept secret, especially from liberals and Democrats.

There are Presbyterian churches here as well as lots of Southern Baptist.  So William come check out Missouri, once your here you won't want to leave. LOL

Edited by Just Mike
added other states in my prayers
  • Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

13 hours ago, William said:

I hope so.

God bless,

William

Praying for you, your's, your situation, your finances, etc. Stay encouraged. Your site here is looking and functioning great, better than any other similar site I have looked at.

Often times, state and federal law is so vaguely worded that authorities have wide latitude in interpreting them. So yeah, getting out while the getting is good is often the best choice. Personally, I would not stay in such a state, unless I new beyond a shadow of doubt that the Lord wanted it otherwise. That reminds me of a testimony I once heard. One or more persons claimed that God told them to move right onto the San Andrea fault line in So Cal and continue to pray that the Big One did not strike that state. That was decades ago. Not sure if there are similar testimonies. But it caused me to wonder.

Edited by Kingdom Citizen
  • Like 2

Tomorrow is final voting for the 6 states.

"...for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light" (Luke 16:8)

I want to avoid walking in partial fulfillment of this verse by engaging in the political process by available means, primarily through prayer and voting. 

Oh, yes. There were so many professing Christians that were proclaiming with all conviction that there was no chance for political victory in the 2016 election cycle. They were wrong of course.

• Like 1

Ultimately, evil will progress as more and more people are represented in any given area. That said, I think prayer has held up our country from the evil one. If we sit back and say nothing and do nothing, we are just giving everything over to Satan. We should pray, vote and be active in politics.

7055.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deade said:

Ultimately, evil will progress as more and more people are represented in any given area. That said, I think prayer has held up our country from the evil one. If we sit back and say nothing and do nothing, we are just giving everything over to Satan. We should pray, vote and be active in politics.

7055.gif

Clarify for us, please. Represented?

LOL, there sure are a lot of "reactions" on this site. The notifications say this or that person has reacted to this and that. 

Staff
1 hour ago, Kingdom Citizen said:

LOL, there sure are a lot of "reactions" on this site. The notifications say this or that person has reacted to this and that. 

Yes, saves us from thin content such as "lol".

I will be adding additional reactions in the future. I'm debating about negative reactions. Any thoughts? Not meaning to derail your thread though.

God bless,

William

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Staff

If I may, I agree with deade. For example, in our latest election Senator Fienstein was really unchallenged on the ballot. No wonder she is winning. You'd think that the GOP would be more organized and fly out upcoming political candidates to establish them in this state to contend against the Democratic party.

My point is though that it is easy to attack Fienstein. I mean, is she actually alive or a corpse? And what about Pelosi? Is she drunk? I mean, she can't even articulate a complete sentence. However, it is easy to forget that these people represent a demographic of people. It is not an individual person but rather a certain type of American behind the political figure.

Fact is the Democratic party appeals to the natural man. Christians are outnumbered and unless culture is on our side (cultural Christianity) then we'll always be the minority in a Republic which is supposed to protect us from the majority (true democracy). Unfortunately, cultural Christianity has leaned left to a type of Christian that supports not only political correctness rather than truth but also abortion etc. As long as the left appeals to the depraved mind and whispers in its ear, "you are justified for such depravity", I think the GOP will always be challenged. But, I think the GOP's worst enemy is within at this time. Trump tapped a new demographic and called a silent voter to the ballot, they couldn't care less about the party's platform or rather what we believe in. They just want to go against political correctness and even the minority vote of the left. Don't get me wrong, I consider Trump to be a great ally to Christian evangelicals, but I'm suggesting that the GOP could lose its identity if we do not educate our voter base.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Thank you William, it is true our elected officials are a reflection of the populace at large. We can look at who is being elected and tell our moral base is being depleted. It was prophesied to happen but we don't want to hurry it any. With that I'll sign out for the night.

5247.gif

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, William said:

I will be adding additional reactions in the future. I'm debating about negative reactions. Any thoughts? Not meaning to derail your thread though.

God bless,

William

Sure how about a "that was awesome" reaction,or a gif of the grinch saying "Brilliant"!

• Haha 1

Staff
1 minute ago, Joefizz said:

Well got work in the morning good night and may God bless you all!

God bless brother and g'night!

William

10 hours ago, William said:

God bless,

William

I was just commenting on how funny "reacted" sounds in the context of describing comments. I have not ran across another site that uses that word.

10 hours ago, William said:

Christians are outnumbered and unless culture is on our side (cultural Christianity) then we'll always be the minority in a Republic which is supposed to protect us from the majority (true democracy). 

I'm not sure that is an accurate assessment. Those identifying as Christian in relevant polls sits at about 60%.  A recent one was more favorable than Pew Research. And of course, as you know, just because some godless group or demographic is very active and vociferous in preaching and attempting to extend their worldview or sentiments does not mean that such groups are more numerous than those holding towards the Right. Also, there was  a huge number of Christians that did not bother to vote in the 2016 election cycle. Imagine that same group actually voting this time around. 

I try to remember to pray every day that God Almighty will send out His laborers in all levels of our society daily. What would be the response if a poll was held on this site asking professing Christians how much time they devoted to praying that same prayer during this month of June or this entire year?

Staff
12 minutes ago, Kingdom Citizen said:

I'm not sure that is an accurate assessment. Those identifying as Christian in relevant polls sits at about 60%. 

How many of those that identify as Christians actively attend church? And how many of them are liberal? That's the numbers I was hitting. For 8 years cultural Christians have been subjected to the left's idea of Christianity. Many denominations in the last 8 years have been lost to theological liberalism which aligns itself to political liberalism. Turn on the media or flip open a paper, some liberal church is making headlines for embracing the left's poster children. I think there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that the Elect are outnumbered. Cultural Christianity can make or break the vote.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deade said:

Thank you William, it is true our elected officials are a reflection of the populace at large. We can look at who is being elected and tell our moral base is being depleted. It was prophesied to happen but we don't want to hurry it any. With that I'll sign out for the night.

5247.gif

HI, deade. I still don't know what you are referring to.

"...as more and more people are represented in any given area."

I guess you are suggesting that the moral climate in the US is steadily increasing. I see no proof of that. In fact the "political miracle" of the 2016 election cycle demonstrates that a reversal has occurred. There are other indicators as well.

US residents are represented. If you are referring to the moral quality of those thus far elected, it is important to understand that there was likley not enough genuine Christian support for one of the other 'more Christian-like' Republican candidates to have taken office. Not with so many Christians not bothering to vote because they erroneously believed that moral evil must increase in our immediate future. 

31 minutes ago, William said:

How many of those that identify as Christians actively attend church? And how many of them are liberal? That's the numbers I was hitting. For 8 years cultural Christians have been subjected to the left's idea of Christianity. Many denominations in the last 8 years have been lost to theological liberalism which aligns itself to political liberalism. Turn on the media or flip open a paper, some liberal church is making headlines for embracing the left's poster children. I think there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that the Elect are outnumbered. Cultural Christianity can make or break the vote.

God bless,

William

I understand what you are saying, but even the non-elect can and do have a positive impact on society (I am not positive in how you are defining the "Elect"). Trump is a prime example--assuming he is not genuinely saved. History has other leaders that likewise were apparently not genuinely saved but yet benefited those they ruled. The degree to which God can influence the minds and actions of the non-saved is extensive, depending to a large extent, I believe, on the activity of the Saints (I understand that God has chosen to primarily work through the Saints in bringing to pass His Desirous will).

Also, how are you defining "Culture"? I understand "culture" to be the collective beliefs and practices of a society.

Staff
6 minutes ago, Kingdom Citizen said:

Also, how are you defining "Cultural"? I understand "culture" to be the collective beliefs and practices of a society.

I'll agree with that definition. A fair share of people believe a social majority which is their god. If enough people say this or that is true then they believe it. For example, the liberal church suggests that homosexuality is not condemned and we should embrace the homosexual lifestyle, or even abortion, as Pelosi said, Jesus would support the woman's right to choose. Now how many times does someone like Pelosi need to be elected before the right faces reality? The majority of Christians are not grounded in Scripture.

As for the Elect I am referring to those God foreloved before the foundation of the earth which He regenerated. Born again Christian is what many people refer to them as.

4 minutes ago, Kingdom Citizen said:

I just noticed that my profile box says I am offline right now as I type this.

Yes, there's many reasons that can occur, besides the network connection it could be a user's browser security or firewall.

God bless,

William

12 hours ago, deade said:

5247.gif

Correction: I guess you are suggesting that the moral climate in the US is steadily decreasing (I mistakenly said "increasing"). I see no proof of increasing national moral decline. In fact the "political miracle" of the 2016 election cycle demonstrates that a reversal has occurred. There are other indicators as well.

Staff
18 minutes ago, Kingdom Citizen said:

Will, is it possible to allow more time for correcting/editing posts?

It is Kingdom Citizen. However, it is set for 60 minutes for Members and 24 hours for Premium members.

I reluctantly say this, but any donation gets a member to Premium member status. Premium members also have access to blogs, and increased quotas such as private messaging. We do not require a minimum or reoccurring donation, but any amount one time will permanently place your account in Premium status. We offer to some what we do not offer to others.

The reason why is because Premium members that support the board that donate demonstrate that they want this community to succeed. People that don't care have gone back and erased an entire history of posts which wrecked threads as they no longer made any sense.

Hope you understand and find this explanation adequate.

God bless,

William

• Best Answer 1

59 minutes ago, Kingdom Citizen said:

Correction: I guess you are suggesting that the moral climate in the US is steadily decreasing (I mistakenly said "increasing"). I see no proof of increasing national moral decline. In fact the "political miracle" of the 2016 election cycle demonstrates that a reversal has occurred. There are other indicators as well.

This is what I was saying about prayer, it can bring about a reversal of the downward spiral of our country. I am glad you don't think our moral center is decreasing, but looking around at all the disrespect: I think it is. I would not want to be in law enforcement, today.

7070.gif