The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Bellerose98

Why is God against me indulging in homosexuality?

I know I have the choice to indulge in SSA or not, so I make the choice to do it. I pick up other girls and fool around with them regularly. I do it because sex with another woman feels amazing. I want sex so I do it. I love it and enjoy it.

As I said before, I could easily choose not to act on these feelings, but I do it anyway. Because I can. And I don’t want to stop doing it. 

Because it is an abomination as the Creator stated.  He did not design man to be with man and women to be with woman.  

• Like 1

Staff
3 hours ago, CDF47 said:

Because it is an abomination as the Creator stated.  He did not design man to be with man and women to be with woman.  

Has God's design spun out of control? Or has God abandoned or gave up some to the lusts of their hearts, to impurities, and to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves through dishonorable passions?

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Been down that road of sexual sin (although not the same kind as yours), but it will eventually lead to destruction. I realized that if I were to die the next second after death all the "fun and enjoyment" I had would all be over (Hebrews 11:25) and it wouldn't be worth being cast into the lake of fire because of it. It would be sheer and unimaginable horror (Psalm 11:6).

Please repent and embrace the Lord Jesus while there is still time (Psalm 144:4).

With what you have told us, is there something you want, or was this simply for shock value? I am pretty sure you already know that God never intended recreational sex to take the place of a life long enjoyable sex life with a wife, who by the way enjoys sex as much as you do. Except with a wife you both enjoy sex to the fullest possible for all your lives. 

Sex bonds a person with the other, this especially true for the woman, and each time she and you are with someone else you give a part of your soul. God never intended this kind of perversion, with the very real possibility of std's and all these painful physical issues, let alone a baby being created out of your sexual pleasure. What do you do if a woman you have been with says she is w pregnant . Abortion is murder according to God almighty don't you know.

I am very close to a man who has full blown AIDS and he is dying. This is a very sad ending for his homosexuality. I know there are treatments now, but that is not always a good bet it will help you.

If you have ever considered how you will die, I doubt you have servously thought about all the risks you are betting against in a same sex relationship. Anal sex is the most filthy disgusting thing, and directly is forbidden by God. In OLD Testament times it was punishment for homosexuality was death. We of course are no longer there, but you will face God Almighty and when that happens there is no hope for you, Hell with be where you will spend eternity.

But its not too late, God does love you dear man. Jesus Christ died to save you and me from our sins. I would like to tell you more about this as well as several others if you are interested. I will never push you into Jesus Christ, but He is ready to save you if you are wanting more information.

If you are interested to know how to be saved from your sinful life, we would be pleased to share that with you, just ask.

I am glad you dropped in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, William said:

Has God's design spun out of control? Or has God abandoned or gave up some to the lusts of their hearts, to impurities, and to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves through dishonorable passions?

God bless,

William

I believe God gave up some to the lusts of their hearts, to impurities, and to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves.  Good question though.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

God created marriage to serve two purposes.  One is that children will grow up being nurtured and cared for by their biological parents.

Of course some marriages don't produce children but the other reason applies of all of them.  He meant for marriage to be a picture of the relationship between God and his followers.  In the Old Testament Israel was called the wife of God.  In the New Testement the Church is called the bride of Christ.

Since God also allowes sexual activity only within marriage, there is no way two people of the same sex can engage in sex without offending God.

• Like 1

Staff
On 6/4/2018 at 7:05 AM, theophilus said:

God created marriage to serve two purposes.  One is that children will grow up being nurtured and cared for by their biological parents.

Of course some marriages don't produce children but the other reason applies of all of them.  He meant for marriage to be a picture of the relationship between God and his followers.  In the Old Testament Israel was called the wife of God.  In the New Testement the Church is called the bride of Christ.

Since God also allowes sexual activity only within marriage, there is no way two people of the same sex can engage in sex without offending God.

God bless,

William

• Best Answer 1

On 6/2/2018 at 6:51 AM, Bellerose98 said:

As I said before, I could easily choose not to act on these feelings, but I do it anyway. Because I can. And I don’t want to stop doing it. 

So do it.

My brother once told me about the married woman that he was in love with and wanted to leave his wife and children to be with her and raise the child he fathered by her.

"Doesn't God want me to be happy?" were his exact words to me.  I'll give you the exact same answer that I gave my brother. 

Stay with your wife, or leave her.  Live with this other woman or don't.  It just doesn't matter.  However, whatever choice you make, don't expect a happy ending.  Everything will continue to turn out crap no matter what choice you make. You are attempting to fix the wrong problem.  The problem isn't your relationship with your wife or your relationship with this other man's wife.  Your problem is between you and God.  Until you start to get serious with God, nothing else will work out or really matter. ... And to answer your original question, God is big on marriage and hates divorce.  Don't doubt for a moment that God can fix what's broken between you and your wife; once you get right with Him.

When my brother was murdered, people came forward at his funeral to speak of how he had helped them save their marriages with his advice.  It was strange to hear the words that I had spoken to him being quoted by strangers.

So when you are ready to really get serious about following Jesus and loving God, God is eagerly waiting.  Until then, if you want to sin, then sin, but expect everything to continue to end up crap.

• [Luke 15:20 NASB] 20 "So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion [for him,] and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
Edited by atpollard
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, atpollard said:

So do it.

My brother once told me about the married woman that he was in love with and wanted to leave his wife and children to be with her and raise the child he fathered by her.

"Doesn't God want me to be happy?" were his exact words to me.  I'll give you the exact same answer that I gave my brother. 

Stay with your wife, or leave her.  Live with this other woman or don't.  It just doesn't matter.  However, whatever choice you make, don't expect a happy ending.  Everything will continue to turn out crap no matter what choice you make. You are attempting to fix the wrong problem.  The problem isn't your relationship with your wife or your relationship with this other man's wife.  Your problem is between you and God.  Until you start to get serious with God, nothing else will work out or really matter. ... And to answer your original question, God is big on marriage and hates divorce.  Don't doubt for a moment that God can fix what's broken between you and your wife; once you get right with Him.

When my brother was murdered, people came forward at his funeral to speak of how he had helped them save their marriages with his advice.  It was strange to hear the words that I had spoken to him being quoted by strangers.

So when you are ready to really get serious about following Jesus and loving God, God is eagerly waiting.  Until then, if you want to sin, then sin, but expect everything to continue to end up crap.

• [Luke 15:20 NASB] 20 "So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion [for him,] and ran and embraced him and kissed him.

Thanks for sharing that. Many people get their life so messed up its almost impossible to untangle it. Its true there are times when a person is so in sin no matter which way they are going to wind up smelling like crap. But even then God is able to clean us up. But not by water....but with His Blood he shed on that Bloody Cross. Each and everyone of us has been "washed in the Blood". Unless we have been washed in the Blood we are not saved.

Staff
On 6/2/2018 at 3:51 AM, Bellerose98 said:

I know I have the choice to indulge in SSA or not, so I make the choice to do it. I pick up other girls and fool around with them regularly. I do it because sex with another woman feels amazing. I want sex so I do it. I love it and enjoy it.

Do you believe God exists?

And if no, you have no business being on this site. We do not provide service to atheist, LGBT~Q, or any other agenda which promotes depravity.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:51 AM, Bellerose98 said:

It's your choice, but it won't meet with approval by traditional Christians because it's contrary to God's established order https://www.lcms.org/about/beliefs/faqs/lcms-views#homosexuality.

It's just as disordered as chronically lying, cheating on a spouse, putting oneself before God, murdering somebody for any reason ( whether in or out of the womb), or setting up idols to take the Lord's place as God.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1