The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
BetweenWorldz

After a long winter....

Hi everyone. 

My name is Sarah and I am new to these message boards.  I am seeking online fellowship with believers because sometimes its hard to find fellowship at churches.  After the past 6 months I desperately need fellowship and hope for hard times.

This past winter has been the most trying season of my life spiritually, physically and emotionally.  My husband and i devoted our relationship and lives to God in early November of 2017 and began to seek him in a wholehearted way that we had not previously done.  We began to attend the church I had grown up in and was baptised in.  I met with the pastors there who were new to me because it had been 20 years since I had attended this church.  The pastor and i prayed and spoke for nearly two hours and the prayers we prayed that day led to several months of demonic attack and revelations about my life and the spiritual world that I had not seen before nor understood.  Apparently when you seek God wholeheartedly there are some trying times ahead.  I've never experienced anything comparable prior to this and I'm not sure I can even begin to elaborate.  Nor should I in an introductory message.  So here i am, still on the edge of fearful times, still trying to hold on to hope after a most trying time.  It has never been so difficult to seek God and to pray and to praise and to the read the bible.  But i can't give up trying. 

Hope everyone's having a blessed day. 

Sarah

Ephesians 6:12

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,

against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.    KJV

• Like 1

Hello Sarah, welcome to Christforums. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

7060.gif

3af3cd437a6c52529c5592cb91602ee8.gif

• Like 1

I am thankful that you and your husband are dedicated to seeking the Lord and His will for your lives (Psalm 27:8).

• Like 1

Staff

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to ChristForums, Sarah. Nice to meet you and I’m glad you’re here. Thanks for sharing a lil about yourself. I appreciate your desire to reorganize your spiritual life, and I know it’s extremely important to strengthen your walk with the Lord. He will surely be pleased in this longing of your heart, and I know that He will be faithful to you as you “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness...” It’s my prayer that He will draw you and your husband closer to Himself and to direct your steps in the days ahead. May you rest in the assurance the psalmist expressed when he wrote: “In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, for You will answer me” (Psalm 86:7). Stay strong in Him. Have a blessed stay!

Welcome dear Sister BetweenWorldz in Jesus' name; I do hope you remain with us.

Seemingly you are not alone in the attacks when attempting to reestablish your spiritual walk; you are treading on Satan. 

We do have spiritual armor, all of which is based on God's word, and Jesus used the same defense, and when Satan tempted Him, Jesus said one thing: it is written.

Become reacquainted with your roots in the security of our Lord; He will never leave or forsake you, and He loved you enough to give His life for you. May God greatly bless you and your husband as you takes these steps, and enjoy the joy and peace that will come as the result of it. :RpS_wink:

Staff
1 minute ago, BetweenWorldz said:

Thank you all for the warm welcome.  :classic_biggrin:

You are welcome and we are glad to have you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Another Major Winter Storm Is Expected Just Days After Gia

By Tim Pearce - Meteorologists expect two more storms to hit the Midwest and Northeast starting Wednesday, just days after Winter Storm Gia dumped more than a foot of snow over much of the same area. Winter Storm Gia swept through the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions of the U.S. Jan. 11-13, causing around 500 vehicle accidents in Missouri alone. The storm was a factor in at least 13 deaths and knocked out power to tens of thousands. Several state and local governments, including South Carolina and Virginia, declared states of emergency, The Weather Channel reports. The next storm, expected Wednesday night through Friday, will likely carry light to moderate snowfall from the upper-Midwest through the Northeast. An icy mix of snow and sleet is expected to drop along areas under the storm’s southern stretch. “Fast movement of the storm from Thursday to Friday should limit the accumulations to a few inches in the snowfall area,” AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Brett Anderson said. Meteorologists expect a second, larger winter storm to track a similar path from Friday to Sunday night potentially dumping more than a foot of snow along a stretch starting in Illinois, heading through New York and up to Maine. “Cold air in the wake of the storm on Thursday and Friday, combined with extensive snowcover, may cause the storm that follows to track farther south than our indicators suggest,” AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Meteorologist Paul Pastelok said. “It’s possible the storm this weekend may not cut toward the Great Lakes as suggested by computer models but may instead take more of a west-to-east track, similar to last weekend’s storm, but a bit farther north,” Pastelok added. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Another Major Winter Storm Is Expected Just Days After Gia is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• A Massive Winter Storm Blankets Parts Of The US, Kills Five

By Chuck Ross - A massive winter storm stretching from the Great Plains to the East Coast is dumping snow and causing hundreds of traffic accidents as thousands shelter under winter storm warnings. Winter Storm Gia hit Missouri hard Friday evening, stranding motorists overnight and causing five deaths from traffic accidents in the icy conditions. Roughly 500 traffic accidents have been reported to authorities, The Weather Channel reports. Thousands in Missouri remained stranded on highways Saturday morning with traffic stopped or barely inching forward. Parts of the state had received up to 15 inches of snow by that point. Winter storm warnings stretch from areas in Kansas to Rhode Island as Gia continues to drop snow across hundreds of miles. Parts of Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska all received more than 10 inches of snow. Parts of Illinois received over a foot. In Columbia, Missouri, the icy conditions caused an airplane to slide off a runway at the city’s airport. No injuries were reported. The 80 passengers stranded on the runway were forced to evacuate the plane three at a time by emergency personnel because a bus could not reach them on the ice-covered tarmac, KOMU reports. Meteorologists expect snow to come down over a wide area Saturday evening, from North Carolina to Pennsylvania and from Kansas to New Jersey. The storm is expected to lessen some on Sunday, but still drop freezing rain and some snow over hundreds of miles while moving slowly toward the direction of New England, The Weather Channel reports. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] A Massive Winter Storm Blankets Parts Of The US, Kills Five is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Winter Storm Leaves Hundreds Of Thousands Without Power In The South

By Tim Pearce - Hundreds of thousands are without power as a winter storm continues to pummel parts of the South with heavy snow, ABC News reports. The storm dropped roughly 2 feet of snow on parts of Virginia and 10 to 20 inches of powder on parts of North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia. Parts of Georgia and Kentucky received half a foot of snow or more. More than 276,000 people are currently without power because of the weekend storm. More than 141,000 of the customers left in the dark are in North Carolina, ABC News reports. Those numbers have improved since Sunday, when well over half a million people were without power. The massive storm has created havoc on roads and highways throughout the South. People attempting to travel on the icy roads have gotten into accidents more often and the storm has hindered emergency vehicles and first responders. North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper warned residents Sunday to keep from traveling if possible as National Guard workers, road crews and emergency personnel clear roads of traffic, according to the Associated Press. “Stay put if you can,” Cooper said. “Wrap a few presents, decorate the tree, watch some football.” At least one person died because of the storm that placed more than 20 million people under a winter weather alert and about 8 million people under flash flood warnings. Nine million people fell under high wind advisories, CNN reported. More than 1,100 flights in and out of North Carolina’s Charlotte Douglas International Airport were canceled Sunday. The storm is moving east off the coast and into the Atlantic Ocean. Some snow is continuing to fall on the states of Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, according to ABC News. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Winter Storm Leaves Hundreds Of Thousands Without Power In The South is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

• North Carolina declares State of Emergency ahead of winter storm ‘Diego’

By R. Mitchell -   Citizens, public safety and utility officials are making preparations Saturday in North Carolina ahead of a Winter Storm that will bring lots of snow, freezing rain, ice and power outages to the Tarheel State. Governor Roy Cooper declared a state of emergency for all 100 counties and a large swath of the state is under either a winter storm warning or winter storm watch. “North Carolina is gearing up for a major winter storm and we’re taking all steps necessary to have the resources we need in place to respond,” Governor Roy Cooper said in a statement. “Snow may be beautiful but it can also be treacherous and I urge North Carolinians to take this storm seriously and get ready for it now.” The National Weather Service in Raleigh, NC, predicts that the snow will start late Saturday and continue into Sunday afternoon when it will transition into freezing rain. Central North Carolina is expecting up to six inches of snow and a 1/4″ of ice accumulation while western and northern portions of the state could see close to a foot of snow. Duke Energy, the largest electricity provider in the state, has almost 9,000 employees on-call to handle the half-a-million outages they expect during the storm. “A slight change in the storm’s track or in the temperature could result in fewer or even more outages, so everyone needs to be prepared,” said longtime Duke Energy chief meteorologist Nick Keener. Widespread, multiple-day power outages are expected for the Mountains, Foothills, Piedmont, Triad and Triangle areas of North Carolina and portions of Upstate South Carolina and customers should be prepared, according to Duke Energy. Reporting outages Customers who experience an outage during the storm have multiple ways on how to report it: Text OUT to 57801 (standard text and data charges may apply) Call the automated outage-reporting system at 800.POWERON for Duke Energy Carolinas customers and 800-419-6356 for Duke Energy Progress customers. Report an outage or view current outages online at www.dukeenergyupdates.com Duke Energy also will provide updates on its social media channels to keep customers informed if significant outages occur: Duke Energy on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DukeEnergy Duke Energy on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DukeEnergy North Carolina declares State of Emergency ahead of winter storm ‘Diego’ is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

• Hundreds Of Thousands Expected To Lose Power As Winter Storm Approaches

By Jason Hopkins - The governor of North Carolina has declared a State of Emergency as the state braces for a major winter storm, with thousands expected to lose power. “North Carolina is gearing up for a major winter storm and we’re taking all steps necessary to have the resources we need in place to respond,” North Carolina Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper said in a Friday statement. “Snow may be beautiful but it can also be treacherous and I urge North Carolinians to take this storm seriously and get ready for it now.” A State of Emergency has been called for all of North Carolina’s 100 counties as a winter storm — which Cooper referred to as “the real thing” — is due to hit the state by Saturday evening, bringing six or more inches of snow over the weekend. Duke Energy, a North Carolina-based utility company, is warning that freezing rain, heavy wet snow and sleet could cause around 500,000 power outages across the Carolinas — a brutal combination for residents planning to bunker down in their homes during the storm. “There remains a lot of uncertainty with this storm,” Duke Energy chief meteorologist Nick Keener said in a Friday statement. “A slight change in the storm’s track or in the temperature could result in fewer or even more outages, so everyone needs to be prepared.” Over six inches of snow and an accumulation of ice, Duke Energy warns, will result in sagging branches and falling trees knocking down power lines. Furthermore, hazardous roads brought on by ice and snow increases the chances of vehicles hitting power poles or other electrical infrastructure. Despite Duke reporting they have over 8,700 employees on call to respond once conditions permit, the utility predicts power outages could last for multiple days. Cooper has also activated the North Carolina National Guard to help with recovery. While nearly all part of North Carolina is expected to feel the effects of the storm, some regions will get harder, getting hit with up to 18 inches of snow and ice. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Hundreds Of Thousands Expected To Lose Power As Winter Storm Approaches is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.