The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
My2kids

My son's salvation

My son is 11 years old. We have bible study every night with his sister. I'm praying God will bring him to a saving knowledge of his son Jesus. My son's name is Jeremiah.

• Like 5

On 5/1/2018 at 5:35 PM, My2kids said:

My son is 11 years old. We have bible study every night with his sister. I'm praying God will bring him to a saving knowledge of his son Jesus. My son's name is Jeremiah.

Hi brother, is there reason to doubt that he is already saved? I do love the idea of daily bible study, and I will pray for it to be successful in his spiritual growth.

7 hours ago, larry2 said:

Hi brother, is there reason to doubt that he is already saved? I do love the idea of daily bible study, and I will pray for it to be successful in his spiritual growth.

He has never accepted Christ into his heart. We have talked about it. 

On 5/1/2018 at 4:35 PM, My2kids said:

10 hours ago, larry2 said:

Hi brother, is there reason to doubt that he is already saved?

3 hours ago, My2kids said:

He has never accepted Christ into his heart. We have talked about it

I'll sure be praying for Jeremiah. Many times with young people there can be the rebellion of submitting to authority even if they do believe something. God bless you brother for your profession to your children in Jesus' name.

• Like 1

Be assured of my prayers for your son, asking the Lord to draw him close to Himself into a personal relationship with Himself. May God fill your home with His peace and comfort.   

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, My2kids said:

I have a special place in my prayer notes that offer up prayers for the unredeemed . I'm sure to include your son as well as many more God may bring to  a sovereign saving knowledge of Jesus in salvation .   M

Guest RdrEm
On 5/2/2018 at 12:35 AM, My2kids said:

It would seem from what you say that there is every likelihood that God intends to do just that, in your son's own good time. You may be thinking there is some urgency about what you want him to do, because you are concerned for his eternal welfare. That is adequately covered by God Himself, just trust that that is so and do not pressure Jeremiah to do anything other than be attentive to God's voice when the time comes. God has a covenant with you and that covenant contains the promise that your children will enter a covenant relationship with Him on the same terms you yourself did. Meanwhile Jeremiah is covered by God's with you. Jeremiah will eventually take responsibility for his own walk with God by faith in the Atoning Power of Jesus Christ His Son. It may take a lifetime for Jeremiah to fulfill his covenant responsibility and place his trust for salvation, in His Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, rather than relying on his supposed, 'knowledge of good and evil', stolen illicitly in that 'garden', back in the ancient mists of time but God has it in hand nonetheless.

God is on your side. Love your son, as God loves you, and you and him cannot go wrong. Teach by love, example and regular discussion. Ps.119:27.

Edited by RdrEm

Jeremiah, what a beautiful name.  Sweet Jesus bless this boy with your grace and love, and help his father to be a loving example and motivator to receive you into his heart.  I command it in Jesus name.  Amen.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, My2kids said:

We can always pray for the unsaved. But in the end it's God's choice. The unsaved are always included in my prayers. Praying for your son .   M