The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Hidden Manna

Daniel 9:24

Staff

According to DNA i have about %1 Jewish blood am i Jewish? 

Rom_9:6  Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 

On 8/26/2018 at 9:24 PM, Becky said:

What are your opinions on this all Israel 

Rom_11:26  And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 

A time will come when the church will be removed from the world by the rapture.  When that happens God will resume working through the nation Israel.  It is then that all Israel will be saved and the distinction between national and spiritual Israel will be eliminated.

Staff
Just now, theophilus said:

A time will come when the church will be removed from the world by the rapture.  When that happens God will resume working through the nation Israel.  It is then that all Israel will be saved and the distinction between national and spiritual Israel will be eliminated.

In your opinion is Salvation only by the Cross? 

Staff

questions. Not asking for a dates:

when is rapture? 

when is judgment

4 minutes ago, Becky said:

questions. Not asking for a dates:

when is rapture? 

when is judgment

God hasn't told us when the rapture will occur.  It could happen any time.  The existence of the nation of Israel may indicate that God is preparing to resume working with Israel very soon, which means we are near the time of the rapture.

Which judgment are you talking about? 

After a person dies he is judged to determine whether he will go to Hades or to Heaven. 

All Christians will face a judgment of their works to determine what rewards they will receive.  That judgment will take place sometime after the rapture.

The judgment of the sheep and the goats in Matthew 25 will take place after Jesus returns to reign on earth.  It will be a judgment of those alive on earth to decide which ones will be part of his kingdom.

The final judgment, that of the lake fire, will take place after the thousand year reign, just before the formation of the new Heaven and the new earth.

Staff

As i said i was not asking for dates. More like how/where does rapture fit into your understanding.

As for which judgment this one

Joh 5:25  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 
Joh 5:26  For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 
Joh 5:27  And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 
Joh 5:28  Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 
Joh 5:29  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 

1 hour ago, theophilus said:

Did it occur to you that prophecies concerning saving Israel, pertains to the physical restoration of the same. I can't imagine God saving an entire nation with salvation as we know it. I think we need to rethink what "all Israel" emcompasses. :RpS_thumbup:

On 8/28/2018 at 11:33 AM, deade said:

Did it occur to you that prophecies concerning saving Israel, pertains to the physical restoration of the same. I can't imagine God saving an entire nation with salvation as we know it. I think we need to rethink what "all Israel" emcompasses. :RpS_thumbup:

I believe 'all Israel' like Apostle Paul said, will be saved. Look at what Apostle Paul was doing before Jesus struck him down on the road to Damascus. Paul was a chosen elect, which is why Jesus could intervene divinely and cause Paul to believe.

Just as God is able to preserve an elect remnant to Himself, likewise those born of Israel He can turn back to Him in final. Each soul still must choose to believe on The Father and The Son, so that requirement isn't any different for Israel than it is for us Gentiles who have believed. And like He said through Amos, He will gather the house of Israel (lost ten tribes) like grain through a sieve, and not the least grain will fall to the ground (Amos 9:9).

Staff
12 minutes ago, davy said:

And like He said through Amos, He will gather the house of Israel (lost ten tribes) like grain through a sieve, and not the least grain will fall to the ground (Amos 9:9).

Which translation are you using because that is NOT what the Hebrew text has?

16 minutes ago, davy said:

I believe 'all Israel' like Apostle Paul said, will be saved. Look at what Apostle Paul was doing before Jesus struck him down on the road to Damascus. Paul was a chosen elect, which is why Jesus could intervene divinely and cause Paul to believe.

Just as God is able to preserve an elect remnant to Himself, likewise those born of Israel He can turn back to Him in final. Each soul still must choose to believe on The Father and The Son, so that requirement isn't any different for Israel than it is for us Gentiles who have believed. And like He said through Amos, He will gather the house of Israel (lost ten tribes) like grain through a sieve, and not the least grain will fall to the ground (Amos 9:9).

So you agree that God will gather physical Israel instead of saving a complete nation (salvation wise). Amos 9:9 speaks of God gathering Israel for the millennial reign, right?  

Staff
On 8/28/2018 at 8:12 AM, theophilus said:

That is a different gospel 

Staff
3 minutes ago, deade said:

So you agree that God will gather physical Israel instead of saving a complete nation (salvation wise). Amos 9:9 speaks of God gathering Israel for the millennial reign, right?  

So you are just going to accept his claim concerning Amos without checking?  Not really a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

Which translation are you using because that is NOT what the Hebrew text has?

I'm using the KJV, and the only word added in that passage is the word "corn". The rest IS written... in the Massoretic texts which the KJV translators used.

Amos 9:9
9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
KJV

There's plenty enough other OT Scripture about God gathering Israel in final... so we don't require special scholarship to reveal that since God has easily revealed in His Word in simplicity.

Jer 31:35-37
35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
KJV

Isa 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
KJV

Isa 56:8
8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.
KJV

Ezek 37:21-24
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
KJV

Staff
4 minutes ago, davy said:

I'm using the KJV, and the only word added in that passage is the word "corn". The rest IS written... in the Massoretic texts which the KJV translators used.

Amos 9:9
9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
KJV

Really?  You cited: "He will gather the house of Israel (lost ten tribes) like grain through a sieve, and not the least grain will fall to the ground."

Show me the word "gather"?

8 minutes ago, deade said:

Study what Jesus said to the daughter of Jerusalem that wept for Him in Luke 23. He was teaching from Isaiah 54 about the barren being blessed, but the children of those will instead say blessed are the barren, pointing to Christ's elect who remained faithful.

See Zechariah 12 about their mourning upon Christ's return. The idea of their wanting the hills and mountains to fall upon them is an expression of their shame (of rejecting Jesus), because at that time of His return, they will know they were deceived.

Staff
Just now, davy said:

Study what Jesus said to the daughter of Jerusalem that wept for Him in Luke 23. He was teaching from Isaiah 54 about the barren being blessed, but the children of those will instead say blessed are the barren, pointing to Christ's elect who remained faithful.

See Zechariah 12 about their mourning upon Christ's return. The idea of their wanting the hills and mountains to fall upon them is an expression of their shame (of rejecting Jesus), because at that time of His return, they will know they were deceived.

Does not answer my question.

You cited: "He will gather the house of Israel (lost ten tribes) like grain through a sieve, and not the least grain will fall to the ground."

Show me the word "gather" in the KJV?  Either it is there or it is not.  Which is it?

3 minutes ago, Origen said:

Really?  You cited: "He will gather the house of Israel (lost ten tribes) like grain through a sieve, and not the least grain will fall to the ground."

Show me the word "gather"?

Strain at a gnat will you.

You have the verse right in front of you, and you want to play word games as if it's not about God gathering the house of Israel? You cannot force something into the Scripture and make it say something else.

Just now, Origen said:

Does not answer my question.

You cited: "He will gather the house of Israel (lost ten tribes) like grain through a sieve, and not the least grain will fall to the ground."

Show me the word "gather" in the KJV?  Either it is there or it is not.  Which is it?

That reply was not directed to you.

Staff
1 hour ago, davy said:

Strain at a gnat will you.

You have the verse right in front of you, and you want to play word games as if it's not about God gathering the house of Israel? You cannot force something into the Scripture and make it say something else.

In other words you cannot show me the word "gather" (because it is not in the text), and rather than admit you are wrong you need try and make it about me and change the subject.  Nice try, won't work.

The KJV has "sift" and you claimed it was "gather."   What is the difference in meaning?  When you sift something are you gathering it?

Staff
27 minutes ago, Origen said:

In other words you cannot show me the word "gather," and rather than admit you were wrong you now need try and make it about me and change the subject.  Nice try, won't work.

The KJV has "sift" and you claimed it was "gather."   What is the difference in meaning?  When you sift something are you gathering it?

Not all Israel is Israel.

Sifting through the rocks, oh look there's fool's gold!

God bless,

William

Staff
10 minutes ago, William said:

Not all Israel is Israel.

Sifting through the rocks, oh look there's fool's gold!

God bless,

William

Hey William let's you and I do some real exegesis.   Starting with verse 11 and following it is quoted in the New Treatment.

Can you tell me where it is quote and in what context?  In other words in regard to which group being part of the church?

Hint:  Peter, Paul, Barnabas, and James the brother of the Lord all played a part in regard to this group.

Staff
1 hour ago, Origen said:

Hey William let's you and I do some real exegesis.   Starting with verse 11 and following it is quoted in the New Treatment.

Can you tell me where it is quote and in what context?  In other words in regard to which group being part of the church?

Hint:  Peter, Paul, Barnabas, and James the brother of the Lord all played a part in regard to this group.

David's house, dynasty, or kingdom was a "type" of the kingdom of Christ. Jesus' coming was the fulfillment and Edom conveys that all those far off or furthest from David's house includes the remnant which are called. Called to what or who? to restore the theocracy of Israel (as some claim) or to Christ? David only ruled the nation of Israel or one peoples, but Christ's kingdom expanded over all the nations.

God bless, 

William 

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Staff
12 hours ago, William said:

David's house, dynasty, or kingdom was a "type" of the kingdom of Christ. Jesus' coming was the fulfillment and Edom conveys that all those far off or furthest from David's house includes the remnant which are called. Called to what or who? to restore the theocracy of Israel (as some claim) or to Christ? David only ruled the nation of Israel or one peoples, but Christ's kingdom expanded over all the nations.

God bless, 

William 

What an excellent answer!!!  The Davidic dynasty has been restored though Jesus enthronement  (Acts 2).  The restoration of the Davidic dynasty is link to the Gentiles, not Israel, not the land, not the temple but the Gentiles.  Christ kingdom knows no borders nor is it limited to any one race.