The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
R Mathews

Spiritual Vision I had years back

Dear brothers and sisters,

Shalom in the Almighty God Yeshua. The vision I had in the Holy Spirit

I had the following spiritual experience which I wanted to share with you all. Years back while I was in the midst of facing many challenges in life, I decided to fast and pray, and to read the Holy Bible.

I ate very limited food, and read the Bible.

I knew that all the problems in man's life was because of an enemy who wanted to see the total destruction of the soul; he is the devil ( deceiver ), who deceives humans from the beginning from Adam and Eve.

I decided to write an article and publish the ways he deceive the man.

I spent the first day fasting and praying, reading the Bible, and writing the article.

During my fifth day once I almost finished writing the article, I decided to sleep for a while.

While I was on the bed, I felt an enormous joy and peace which words can't describe slowly entering my soul and spirit.

In my spiritual eyes I saw in a flash, I was ( my soul ) immersed in a beautiful bright white light, and I felt myself being a part of this incredible white light. It was the presence of Almighty God Yeshua in the brightness. I felt so precious to my Heavenly Father.

Immense joy, contentment, peace, warmth, and love was poured upon me which I could not put into words. I could feel His everlasting love and compassion for me, and there are no words to really express or articulate how I felt. Worry, doubt, anxiety, fear etc does not exist here. It's a world of incredible happiness and peace!!!

God is light and in him there is no darkness at all" (1John 1:5)

Though it lasted for few minutes, I felt the presence of the Almighty for a long time as there's no time factor in eternal world. But slowly the brightness faded, and I didn't want to leave the incredible bright light.

Then once I realised the light disappeared, a strange thing happened. I saw the devil suddenly in front of my soul.This being was so ugly and horrible, his face was filled with hundreds of large lumps all covered.He turned his face towards me and stared at me.I wanted to come out of this state quickly, and ignored him. Slowly I felt my soul back in my body and I opened my eyes.

I very well knew it was not a dream, but a spiritual vision. It would have taken 15 minutes time, and I woke up.

When we decide to fast and pray, the devil is restless he know immediately that we are getting closer to Almighty God, and he will do all kinds of things to stop us. The devil is the deceiver, the father of lies and tempter.

The devil immediately knew that I was taken by the presence of the Holy Spirit, hence he came in a hurry right after to distract, to frighten, to stop me somehow.

I had no fear of this being as I was in the protection and presence of the Holy Spirit.

Yeshua is the true living God.

Yeshua is our Saviour; Yeshua died for our sins.

Yeshua sanctifies and redeems us.

Our "sanctification" or "holiness" means being made holy and clean when we were unholy and unclean in God's sight.

We are redeemed by virtue of the vicarious suffering which Yeshua endured on the cross for our sins.

"The blood of Yeshua His Son cleanses us from all sin" (1John 1:7).

We have been "redeemed" by the precious blood of Yeshua our Saviour (1Peter 1:18-19).

If we truly repent of our sins, and seek the Holy God, the Holy Spirit will live in our heart.

True repentance leads a person to say, "I have sinned" and not to sin again, and come back to Yeshua.

Repentance requires true brokenness.

Repentance is NOT asking the Lord for forgiveness with the intent to sin again.

Repentance is an honest, regretful acknowledgement of sin with commitment to change.

Repentance leads us to cultivate godliness while eradicating habits that lead into sin

Kingdom of God and Eternal life

In Matthew 19:16 Yeshua was asked what must be done to inherit Eternal Life

Yeshua answered: “If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.” ( Matthew 19:17 )

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

“You shall have no other gods before me.

“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand

generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

“You shall not murder.

“You shall not commit adultery.

“You shall not steal.

“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Fruit of the Spirit

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,

faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law”(Galatians 5:22-23)

-----------------------------------

Prayer:

" God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I want to see you. I want to know you.

I acknowledge that my sin separates me from you. Please open my eyes to see the salvation that you

promised in Your Word. Yeshua, I want to receive You today. I repent of my sin.

I need atonement, forgiveness, relationship and a new beginning. I welcome Your Spirit into my heart.

In Yeshua’s Name, Amen.”

--------------------------------------------

"Every Soul is so precious to God"

If we truly repent of our sins, and seek the God with all our heart, by fasting, prayer, and reading the Holy Bible, the Almighty One will come to us. He is our loving God, our Heavenly Father; He gives us time, waits for each and everyone to turn away from their sins, and come to Him. He is our heavenly father, He knows our heart, reads our thoughts, what we are thinking, and about to think.

Do Not Love the World ( 1 John 2:15-16 )

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life comes not from the Father but from the world."

Put on the full armor of God ( Ephesians 6:10-18 )

"Finally be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes"

Belt of Truth

Breastplate of Righteousness

Shoes to spread the Gospel of Peace

Shield of Faith

Helmet of Salvation

Sword of the Spirit ( Word of God )

Our heavenly father had prepared for us our eternal home made of gold, pearl, diamonds, precious stones, jewels, and colors beyond our imagination; the eternal world of everlasting joy, and peace. Let's all prepare ourselves to enter the Heavenly Kingdom with the multitude of Angels. Let's spread the gospel of God all over the world so that no souls will be lost

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,

Nor have entered into the heart of man

The things which God has prepared for those who love Him" ( 1Cor 2:9 )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a blessed day!

Love to hear from you all!!

Please post your comments, and do share my testimony with your friends and relatives.

Mathews

Edited by R Mathews
  • Like 3

I've sinned so much (lust of the flesh/world), I have given up hope. I messed up so bad in my teens. Didn't end up dead or in prison, but could easily have been killed by those I hurt. Turned my back on the Lord, but I repented (Godly sorrow, thanks be to God!) and wanted to serve the Lord (so much zeal! Praise God!), but it was just the beginning. I never wanted to sin again but did. '-( I just lost a job because I couldn't "show up" anymore. I gave up on life. The "light" zeal I once had is gone. What good am I now?. I'm old and useless and broken and ugly all over. I don't like this me. I don't have a few skeletons, I have a graveyard! What can I do?

• Like 2

Tramp welcome to the forum. I think yiu should change your name as you are not a tramp. God bless you lady, we are always here.

• Like 1

I never wanted to sin again but did.

This is the Christian experience, you are not alone. Here's Paul on his own experience:

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing" (Ro 7:18–19).

Actually, Romans 7 is a good read, but when you finish it, be sure to read Romans 8! "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Be encouraged @Tramp, there is hope for all us unworthy sinners.

Edited by Eric T.
Spelling.
  • Like 1

Tramp welcome to the forum. I think yiu should change your name as you are not a tramp. God bless you lady, we are always here.

Thank you. I will change my name if I find out how to Master of Disaster. I have messed up so much and OFTEN, never seems to end. Often out of hopelessness and shame. I am in most need of God's mercy. I had a good job for almost 20 years, but got depressed as my life here is almost over. They are good Christian people and have always been good to me. I did a very good job until one person started pointing going behind my back over and over and telling my boss what I had done wrong. I feel like a total failure period and he reinforced it. Just living out the days of a wasted life. I felt old and out of place with coworkers who were my age and had done so well with their lives. Good people! I owe them an apology and many others, but I can't go back and make anything right in my disasterous life. The skeletons I wanted to hide/run from, my awful life pattern was too much for me. My father was dying from a stroke, my adult child going through all kinds of issues which I rightly blame on myself for having been born out of wedlock & numerous relationships. Who did I think I was?? I was surrounded by success and good people my age with good families and good values and I have been nothing but a master of disaster. Young people with a future were coming and going, living the life I dreamed of. They gave me a chance to clean up my act many, many times, and I should have and did try, but after getting written up once, it did my confidence and their trust in me in. I sent an email that was not funny to a friend "in jest" because we were friends. We were always joking, but I had come in late and was leaving early. Felt isolated and old. They did not find it funny and it wasn't. Shame on me! It was a good office environment and they provide a great service to the community. I overstepped my bounds again. Not the first time I have transgressed. I'm so ashamed. If they knew how my past was haunting me, such a loser, maybe they could forgive me. I tried very hard to do a good job and got great job reviews year after year, but I became jealous of others success and their well-lived lives. My failures, sorrows, and sins over my head and too old to undo the damage and waste chipped away at my ability to keep at it. Sorry for the bleeding, long, sad, story. I just don't know what to do. I no longer care to do anything. My time to do good and right here has come and gone. I'm embarrassed before God. How could I dare be so awful? Life started out good, but got sad when I got into drugs & s-x. '-( You have one sacred life and I have blown it and took other innocent souls into my tangled mess. My life was bleak when I stumbled and caused others to stumble when I was young. Kept trying to regain some ground, get life right, but it was too late. Wasted my life and caused undo harm to others by my pride/ego and it is too much baggage to live with. I love those I have hurt and want to apologize, but they are gone and it is too late. I now have to face the judgement with such a long list of sins.To die well, you must live well and I did not. I wanted to do right. Didn't wan to be who and where I am today, but too late. God have mercy! '-( Thank you and I'm sorry for the long post. I have always missed the mark. No such thing as cheap grace. NO ONE mocks God. Kept wanting to get it right, never did.

Constant guilt is a stronghold in which the devil torment a soul. It is the devil who tempts one to do a sin, and later attacks a soul with constant guilt. We don't need to dwell on the guilt, once we repent of the sins to Almighty God. Why should we give importance to our sins when God Almighty Himself had forgiven us? God created us, and He knows our heart, what we are thinking and about to think. He is waiting for us to repent the sins, and will Forgive us. He is our loving Heavenly Father, and we are so precious to Him!!! Focus on God, not again on the sins which are forgiven, not there any more, for it's the enemy who wants our attention to focus on the past. The devil is the deceiver, father of lies and tempter from the beginning. Be alert in the Spirit against the enemy's tricks and tactics. Break all the strongholds,be free from all burden, rejoice in the Spirit submitting ourselves to the Almighty God Yeshua for our focus is on the Almighty God.

Please do read my post "Freedom from strongholds" at,

https://www.christforums.org/forum/christian-ministries-christian-only/spiritual-warfare/55179-freedom-from-strongholdsare

You have a blessed day!

• Like 2

Lady, I refuse to call you by the name you picked. Your deep sorrow bleeds all over your post, and its very clear. Are you at the point that Godly sorrow brings repentance? I believe you are by what I read and how you say things are in your life. Do you know what to do now?

I like word pictures and if I may let me draw what I think I hear you say. You have been in a long fought war, and you have lost some serious battles. You have fought so many small battles and lost everyone. I picture with wounds and scars all over you. Some wounds have healed and left bad scars, some wounds are still bleeding and you are in need of help to bandage these bleeding wounds but you can't reach then by your self. You feel so beaten up and you are worn out fighting. You are afraid the end is coming and no help looks like its headed your way. You wish you never got involved in so many battles. The price you have paid for joining the wrong side of the war is now clear to you. You wish you had taken a different path and stayed close to home rather that going after what seemed a fun war to fight and enjoy the excitement of a war you played in.

Oh have I got really good news for you. The Doctor is here! He can do surgery on your wounded soul, help nurse you back to health again. The Doctor can take those deep scars and take them one by one and as you allow Him do the surgery for the freedom of movement you so deeply need to function in your life.

Jesus Christ loves you so much, He is the only way for you to turn your life around and have peace. You already feel deep sorrow for the sins in your past. Now is the time to confess these sins as best you can and tell Jesus your hearts desire is to repent and live a life following Him. Acknowledge before Jesus that He is Gods only Son, and you to the best of your ability now, with His help want to follow Him and live for Him.

Do you have a Bible? If you do I want you to look up John 3:16. There you will find what I have been telling you. To belong to Jesus means life everlasting. I encourage you to begin reading all of the book of John. If you know of a Bible believing church that's where you need to go. If you don't I can recommend you look in the phone book for a Southern Baptist Church, I am a retired Southern Baptist pastor, and I know they are a solid Bible preaching church. I would tell the pastor that you have come to say that you have prayed to Follow Jesus Christ. It is so important to belong to a body of believers in Jesus Christ. They can help you grow.

I want to assure that there is no sin God can't forgive, no person so bad Jesus won't forgive and love. I will prasy for you and earnestly pray you take the step I hope you follow God bless you.

• Like 2

To die well, you must live well and I did not. I wanted to do right. Didn't wan to be who and where I am today, but too late.

Actually, there was someone who was in a much worse position than you. Do you remember the two robbers who were crucified alongside Christ? Well at the beginning, they both reviled Jesus:

"And the robbers who were crucified with him also reviled him in the same way" (Matthew 27:44).

But later, one of the robbers, probably after seeing how Jesus was behaving amid the suffering, had a change of heart, as recorded here:

"One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, 'Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!' But the other rebuked him, saying, 'Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.' And he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' And he said to him, 'Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise'" (Luke 23:39-43).

This man, who had done nothing good with his life, and just a short time before was reviling the Christ, had a change of heart, repented and was wonderfully saved, at the very last minute!

You still have time to do something with your life, and to glorify God in the process. Be encouraged!

Edited by Eric T.
Punctuation and stuff.
  • Like 2

@ 'used to be Tramp' -- I agree with 'justme' -- you need a name change. How about 'Living hope'. Because you are still alive and want to change -- and your hope is found in Jesus Christ by accepting Him as your personal Savior.

1 John 1:9 "if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving -- being thankful for the salvation made possible by God through the blood of Jesus Christ.

• Like 2