The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

US Flies Misssion North of DMZ, Sends Message to North Korea

Staff
I'm still shouting at Trump et al to employ the EMP.

Do you understand the impact that would have to the environment? No kidding, that kind of fall out I suspect would take out South Korea depending on wind currents etc.

But okay, lemme play along. If we do send up a nuke to detonate in the atmosphere, at least drop a dummy from an airplane at high attitude with sirens attached to it. That way North Koreans will be at least staring in the direction of the nuclear blast. I realize some may have a problem with my tactic, but I just want to get the most out of my tax dollars.

God bless,

William

Do you understand the impact that would have to the environment? No kidding, that kind of fall out I suspect would take out South Korea depending on wind currents etc.

But okay, lemme play along. If we do send up a nuke to detonate in the atmosphere, at least drop a dummy from an airplane at high attitude with sirens attached to it. That way North Koreans will be at least staring in the direction of the nuclear blast. I realize some may have a problem with my tactic, but I just want to get the most out of my tax dollars.

God bless,

William

Non-nuclear devices exist. We have them, Russia has them, China has them. With knock-out limited range, one could destroy the NK capital, another each military location, knocking out the ability to communicate electronically, without fallout, without destruction. Communication with all that heavy artillery NK has lined up on the border would be impossible.The only other option is for China to occupy NK, removing Kim Jong Un. I think they would prefer that to a U.S. air and ground war in NK. SK certainly would. Japan, Guam, et al would breathe a sigh of relief.

Staff

Non-nuclear devices exist. We have them, Russia has them, China has them. With knock-out limited range, one could destroy the NK capital, another each military location, knocking out the ability to communicate electronically, without fallout, without destruction. Communication with all that heavy artillery NK has lined up on the border would be impossible.The only other option is for China to occupy NK, removing Kim Jong Un. I think they would prefer that to a U.S. air and ground war in NK. SK certainly would. Japan, Guam, et al would breathe a sigh of relief.

We have aircraft which are tasked with such roles as jamming communications. Now the latest technology has drones jamming communications: Drones can now Jam enemy radar

What I think is really interesting are reports of a Russian satellite killer: http://www.iflscience.com/space/myst...-space-weapon/

God bless,

William

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Children's Ministry Handbook Just Well-Worn Copy Of 'Lord Of The Flies'

BRENTSVILLE, AR—Sources within Horizon Community Church confirmed Thursday that the congregation's children's ministry handbook has been replaced by a well-worn copy of Lord of the Flies. The post Children's Ministry Handbook Just Well-Worn Copy Of 'Lord Of The Flies' appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Does America have any right to ambush North Korea?

America is an economic giant and a millitary super power and what north korea is trying to do is unâcceptable. ​​​​all in all, i feel that America should keep off and let United Nations handle that. It feels fair when an unbiased party deals with the issue.  

in Political Debate

• Putin Says Russia Is ‘Open To Dialogue’ With US In Holiday Message To Trump

By Evie Fordham - Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russa was “open to dialogue” with the US in a holiday message to President Donald Trump Sunday. The Kremlin released multiple holiday greetings from Putin to world leaders and governments Sunday, reported CNN. Putin’s full message to Trump stated: Trump and Putin had their first and only summit in Helsinki, Finland, July 15. The two had the chance to meet in late November during the G20 summit in Argentina, but Trump canceled after Russia fired upon and seized of Ukrainian vessels Nov. 25. Putin discussed meeting with Trump as recently as Dec. 20. “I don’t know whether a meeting will happen,” Putin said during a press conference according to CNN. “On multiple occasions, I’ve said I am willing to meet, we have a number of issues to discuss, including our bilateral agenda.” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was quoted as saying the chances of the two leaders meeting in 2019 would depend on the U.S. “The issue should be addressed to Washington. Both our president and his representatives have said that we are ready for the talks when Washington is ready for it,” Russian news agency TASS quoted Lavrov according to Reuters. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Putin Says Russia Is ‘Open To Dialogue’ With US In Holiday Message To Trump is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• First Look: U.S. Army’s New Helicopter is twice as fast and flies twice as far

By R. Mitchell - Sikorsky and Boeing provided the first look at the new SB>1 DEFIANT helicopter. The aircraft’s rotor system will allow it to fly about twice as fast and twice as far as today’s conventional helicopters. Courtesy Sikorsky-Boeing Team. The public got its first look at the future of U.S. Army helicopter technology on Wednesday when Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), and Boeing (NYSE: BA) unveiled the SB>1 DEFIANT helicopter the companies have developed for the U.S. Army’s Joint Multi-Role technology demonstrator program. The SB>1 DEFIANT is designed to fly at twice the speed and range of today’s conventional helicopters and offers advanced agility and maneuverability. The helicopter is participating in the Army’s Joint Multi-Role-Medium Technology Demonstrator program. Data from SB>1 DEFIANT will help the Army develop requirements for new utility helicopters expected to enter service in the early 2030s. The two most notable differences between the SB>1 and helicopters currently performing the duties it is designed to perform is it’s dual, counter-rotating main rotors and the replacement of traditional verticle tail rotor with a pusher propeller. Instead of providing rotational stability and steering, the tail rotor now provides forward thrust. The aircraft’s capabilities are largely derived from the X2 rigid co-axial rotor system which has already proven its airworthiness through flights of the X2 and S-97 Raider. With two coaxial rotors on top that rotate in opposite directions, the extra lift from each rotor’s advancing blade balances out the diminished lift from the opposite side’s retreating blade to eliminate retreating blade stall. To provide the raw forward thrust for fast flight, the back of the SB>1 DEFIANT mounts a pusher propulsor, allowing the aircraft to fly twice as fast and twice as far as today’s conventional helicopter while increasing the overall maneuverability and agility required for specific mission objectives. This additional flight component also provides unique and unmatched maneuverability in all flight regimes including hover, low-speed flight and high-speed flight. Sikorsky and Boeing provided the first look at the new SB>1 DEFIANT helicopter. The helicopter is one of two designs participating in the U.S. Army’s Joint Multi-Role-Medium Technology Demonstrator Program. Courtesy Sikorsky-Boeing Team. X2 Rotor System: A rigid, co-axial rotor system with pusher propulsor that provides improved mission objective capability, reduced wear on parts and systems, increased reliability and lower total lifecycle costs Maneuverability and Agility: Improved agility and flight control augmentation allow tight assault formations with close proximity landings to deliver embarked troops as a cohesive unit and minimize exposure to hostile threats Speed and Range: Twice the speed and distance of today’s conventional helicopters while increasing the overall maneuverability and agility needed for the US Military’s various missions Survivability: Propulsor thrust coupled with large angular rates and precision attitude control enable the SB>1 DEFIANT to rapidly and precisely displace the aircraft position or flight path in response to threats or evolving tactical environments Lethality: Rapid and precise acquisition of targets and prolonged engagement windows Deployability: When folded for shipboard stowage, the SB>1 DEFIANT fits the footprint of a folded AH-1 Watch: Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details. First Look: U.S. Army’s New Helicopter is twice as fast and flies twice as far is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.