The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jason

Answers in Revelation

For people here interested in historic premillennialism I highly recommend the website answersinrevelation.org. It has a lot of great resources that you should find helpful in studying this topic.

Edited by Brother Jason
  • Like 1

Staff

From my reading this Tim Warner is just another false prophet. He predicts that the Lord will return on October 1, 2036. The only thing that sets him apart from all the other false prophets is that Warner was not stupid enough to give an early date for the Lord's return.

• Like 1

Indeed I did.

I just tried to edit it to the correct web address and I was told I don't I told have permission to edit (it actually said "view") my own post. Whatever.

From my reading this Tim Warner is just another false prophet. He predicts that the Lord will return on October 1, 2036. The only thing that sets him apart from all the other false prophets is that Warner was not stupid enough to give an early date for the Lord's return.

FYI, I'm not saying I'm convinced by his date-setting. Though I have yet to read his book, "The Time of the End", maybe it'll be convincing, I don't know. Have you read it? Apparently a lot of Early Church Fathers also thought the second coming would occur 6,000 years into earth's history, do you also consider them date-setting heretics, or do they get a pass because they didn't set an exact date including the date of the month? Out of curiosity, do you also consider Hal Lindsay a heretic for him predicting in "Late Great Planet Earth" that the pre-trib rapture would occur in 1988? But I can understand not liking Tim Warner, after all, he talks a lot of trash on the Early Church heretic Origen and his Gnostic teachings!

Staff
I'm not saying I'm convinced by his date-setting. Though I have yet to read his book, "The Time of the End", maybe it'll be convincing, I don't know. Have you read it? Apparently a lot of Early Church Fathers also thought the second coming would occur 6,000 years into earth's history, do you also consider them date-setting heretics, or do they get a pass because they didn't set an exact date including the date of the month? Out of curiosity, do you also consider Hal Lindsay a heretic for him predicting in "Late Great Planet Earth" that the pre-trib rapture would occur in 1988? But I can understand not liking Tim Warner, after all, he talks a lot of trash on the Early Church heretic Origen and his Gnostic teachings!
You seem to be missing the point. "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The second Warner claimed to know the date proved beyond all doubt he is a liar.

If your comments about Origen are somehow meant to be slur against me in some way, I find such remarks asinine and a waste of time. Moreover I find no reason to believe Warner ought be trusted on any topic given the fact his claim is in direct contradiction of Jesus' declaration that only the Father know the day and hour.

Edited by Origen
  • Like 1

Staff
You seem to be missing the point. "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The second Warner claimed to know the date proved beyond all doubt he is a liar.

If your comments about Origen are somehow meant to be slur against me in some way, I find such remarks asinine and a wait of time. Moreover I find no reason to believe Warner ought be trusted on any topic given the fact his claim is in direct contradiction of Jesus' declaration that only the Father know the day and hour.

Yea, but his argument is really convincing! And he has written a book detailing why! Should I just ignore his camp, his school of thought because one by one they have lost all credibility in predicting the end times for the last 2000 years :RpS_scared:

I mean how many attempts did an Old Testament Prophet get?

Deuteronomy 18:15-22 Emphasis:

• 20 nBut the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or6 who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— 22 owhen a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; nthe prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• What Led You To Become An Atheist? Some Surprising Answers

David Murray   What leads people away from religion and into atheism? That’s the question that fascinated Larry Taunton so much that he launched a nationwide series of interviews with hundreds of college-age atheists.   His question was simple: “What led you to become an atheist?”   The answers were surprising, creating a completely unexpected composite sketch of American college-aged atheists. Here’s a summary from his article, Listening to Young Atheists: Lessons for A Stronger Christianity.   1. They had attended church: Most of them had a church background and had chosen atheism in reaction to Christianity.   2. The mission and message of their churches was vague: While there were many messages about doing good in the community, “they seldom saw the relationship between that message, Jesus Christ, and the Bible.”   3. They felt their churches offered superficial answers to life’s difficult questions: Churches did not address questions like creation v evolution, sexuality, reliability of the Bible, purpose of life, etc. Messages were bland, shallow, irrelevant, and boring.   4. They expressed their respect for those ministers who took the Bible seriously: This is summed up in one student’s response: ”I really can’t consider a Christian a good, moral person if he isn’t trying to convert me.”   5. Ages 14-17 were decisive: Most embraced unbelief in the high school years.   6. The decision to embrace unbelief was often an emotional one: Although all gave rational reasons for becoming atheists, for most there were powerful emotional reasons too – usually associated with suffering.   7. The internet factored heavily into their conversion to atheism: Instead of being “converted” through the popular New Atheists, most were influenced by Youtube videos and website forums.   So, what are the lessons for a stronger Christianity? Taking the above points in order:   1. The Church has to evangelize its own as well as those outside. We can’t assume that just because kids go to church, they are saved and thus will continue to attend. Our first mission field is our own family and church. This also puts huge onus on professing Christians to believe, speak, and act consistently because many who left the church were turned off by hypocrisy within it.   2. Our messages must be clear and Gospel-centered. All doctrine, practice, service, and devotion must continually be tied to the center of the Gospel, Jesus Christ’s person and work.   3. We must tackle the hard questions: We can’t just preach nice, heart-warming, encouraging, and inspiring sermons. We have to face the reality of our current culture and its varied challenges to Christian faith. And if we do engage these questions, we must do so fairly, lovingly, and honestly.   4. Evangelize passionately and persuasively: Students were unimpressed by dispassionate presentations of the truth and a reluctance to press the claims of Christ upon them. Perhaps this is the most surprising finding of all. We’ve somehow been convinced that sermons have to be more like lectures or just conversational; cool, calculated, casual discussions that present the truth with as little feeling as possible. We mustn’t be pushy, emotional, or earnest in our witness. But according to the students, this bland approach is a complete turn-off.   5. High School years are more dangerous than college years: We can’t wait until college to equip young people with spiritual armor and arms.   6. Appeal to the heart as well as the head: As most people turned to atheism for emotional reasons, usually related to suffering, we must also appeal to their emotions to win them back. We can’t just offer cold logic and philosophy, nor even just biblical truth. We need to communicate love, joy, and peace in our witness, as well as offer them an experience of these healing Christian emotions through the Christ who purchased them through His suffering.   7. Use the internet to promote Christian truth: Many kids are in church and Christian youth groups a couple of hours a week, but are spending 20 or 30 hours a week online. Unless we give them some healthy regular alternative to the videos and forums that are overtly and covertly attacking the Christian faith, we shouldn’t be surprised if they gradually drift away.   On the whole, this research offers a lot of encouragement to churches that preach the whole Bible with evangelistic passion and sincere conviction, that apply the truth to the modern world and modern questions, and that use digital technology to engage, evangelize, and disciple their youth.   What other lessons would you draw from this research?

in Atheism/Agnosticism/Sec.

• Both Peter (Galatians 2:13) and John (Revelation 19:10) sinned

For those who believe that a Christian never sins please explain how both Peter and Barnabas (Galatians 2:13) as well as John (Revelation 19:10) sinned.   Galatians 2:13 The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. (NASB)   Revelation 19:10 Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (NASB)

in Perfectionism

• Is America the endtime Beast country prophesized in Revelation and Daniel?

As you may already know the books of Revelation and Daniel etc. prophesized the Beast country, to be appeared in End time. Many people says about it: S
      ome say it is EU (Europe Union) or other says it is
      UN (United Nations) or other says it is resurrected Roman empire etc. For me, I convince that USA, America is this very nation, end time beast country. You can see this explanation at below:

The book of Daniel depicts this country as:
      1.The country which has strong army (strong horn): America is the strongest war nation in the world. No country can fight with it.
      2. which makes war with other country and destroyed them and opress others: : This is what America is now doing.
      3. which Makes war with saints (christians) and get victory over them: America is the nation which make war against christians and its teaching and getting victory
      (prohibit street evangelization and remove 10 commandments stone and force to accept homosexuality and abortion to christians)
      4. which unites and captures all of the world nations and govern them: Everybody in the world knows Amarica is the strongest and war-like country in the world and America is always invading and destroying other countrys,
      5. which hope to make the world as one world and hope to capture all the world and to be king of this world: Amerca's intention is revealed in its one dollar bill.
      They need one-world and goven them and to establish anti-christ. https://remnant153.jimdo.com/    

in Christian Eschatology

• Grassley Demands Answers From Wray Over Raid Of Clinton Foundation Whistleblower

By Richard Pollock - Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley wants answers from FBI Director Christopher Wray about a Nov. 19 bureau raid on the home of a recognized whistleblower. The whistleblower, Dennis Cain, who was once employed by an FBI contractor, reportedly turned over documents to the Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz regarding the bureau’s failure to investigate potential criminal activity regarding former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation and the Russian company that purchased Uranium One. Horowitz subsequently deemed Cain a whistleblower protected under the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act, Cain’s lawyer, Michael Socarras, told TheDCNF. Grassley sent a letter to Wray on Nov. 30 asking pointed questions about the raid on Cain’s private residence in Union Bridge, Maryland. The Iowa Republican sent a separate letter to Horowitz on Nov. 30 seeking Cain’s documents and citing TheDCNF’s reporting. Cain told the special agent leading the raid that he was protected as a whistleblower, but the agent still ordered 15 additional agents to raid Cain’s home, according to Socarras. The agents searched for six hours while Cain, terrified, sat in the living room. Cain meticulously followed government procedures for whistleblowers under the act by handing the classified documents over to the IG, according to Socarras. Horowitz sent a top-level official to personally hand-deliver them to the Senate and House intelligence committee. Grassley in his letter, which also cites TheDCNF’s reporting, asked Wray if “the FBI consider Mr. Cain’s disclosures to be protected.” The whistleblower act protects federal employees who disclose classified documents to the proper authorities, which includes the IG. Grassley further asked Wray if the FBI was “aware at the time of the raid that Mr. Cain had made what appeared to be lawful disclosures to the Inspector General? If so, was the FBI aware that these disclosures were passed to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, per the [act]?” Grassley also asked Wray of “the basis” for there raid and to provide a copy of the original warrant and all supporting documents. The raid on Cain’s house was permitted by a court order issued by federal magistrate Stephanie A. Gallagher in the U.S. District Court of Maryland for Baltimore. The court order and all the documents justifying the raid are sealed and not available for public viewing. On Nov. 30, TheDCNF requested that Gallagher unseal the affidavit and any other documents that served to justify the raid. The court has not yet responded to TheDCNF. The FBI did not respond to a request for comment. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Grassley Demands Answers From Wray Over Raid Of Clinton Foundation Whistleblower is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Swarm Of Locusts In Book Of Revelation Revealed To Be Twitter

U.S.—Bible scholars revealed Thursday they've discovered the true identity of the swarm of locusts in the book of Revelation: Twitter. The post Swarm Of Locusts In Book Of Revelation Revealed To Be Twitter appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.