The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Heaven vs nirvana

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Robert Jeffress Disappointed To Learn Heaven's Wall Won't Keep All Democrats Out

DALLAS, TX—Upon reading through the biblical description of the New Jerusalem Monday morning, Pastor Robert Jeffress was reportedly disappointed to discover that there was nothing indicating the heavenly city's wall would include security measures to keep Democrats from entering. The post Robert Jeffress Disappointed To Learn Heaven's Wall Won't Keep All Democrats Out appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Confirmed: People Who Comment 'First!' Shall Be Last In Kingdom Of Heaven

HEAVEN—A new report confirmed Monday that people who comment "first!" on articles shall be last in the Kingdom of Heaven. The post Confirmed: People Who Comment 'First!' Shall Be Last In Kingdom Of Heaven appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Remembering 7 Christian Leaders and Influencers: Who Went Home to Heaven in 2018

This past year, 2018, brought a number of great losses among our nation’s leaders, both evangelically and politically. These godly, courageous men and women who have been dearly loved and followed by many over decades of time, finished their course here on earth and left this world for their heavenly homes. Though their presence is no longer with us, they have each left a unique and amazing legacy of light and servanthood among us. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Daniel Radcliffe to Star in New Comedy about God, Heaven

According to CINEMA Magazin, TBS’s new show, “Miracle Workers,” depicts Heaven as if it was grimy and industrial and as if God was checked out. But the limited anthology series comedy is also said to have a positive message. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• There wont be any sinners in heaven

Psalm 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.   Hebrews 10 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”  18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.   Christ came to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. and that was for the first time He came. When Christ comes again it will not be for sin (apart from sin)  but for salvation to deliver us from this present evil age.   The sin problem is gone away, if your a new creation in Christ Jesus created by God according to righteousness and holiness.   But see some christian people are still in love with their flesh and so then love their sin, and it seems to me these  people love even the idea of their sinfulness. The Old covenant has passed away, there is no longer a sacrifice for sin, Jesus entered into the Holy of Holies and once for all time offered up His blood for our sin. You do realize that Ephesians 1 points out we were chosen IN HIM before the foundation of the world?  That we are holy and without blame before Him in love? And have been forgiven all of our sins?   Ephesians 1 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He [a]made us accepted in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,    Hebrews 9 23 Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— 26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.   Hebrews 8 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.   But if you reject Christ, then there is no longer a sacrifice for your sin. Hebrews 10 15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, 16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”  17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.   19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness[f] to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.   26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, For v26 to be meaningful in light of being chosen in Him by Him before the world was  and forgiven all of our sins, means those who willfully sin are apostate antichrists, the seed of the devil planted not by the Lord. And that willful sinning is referring to rejection of Christ.

in Perfectionism

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.