The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Mitch McConnell to Introduce New Healthcare Bill in Senate Next Week

If it results in a better package than Obamacare, I'm all for it. I still do not understand why we don't ask Norway and/or Switzerland how they do it. Just a very simple question, after all.

Staff
If it results in a better package than Obamacare, I'm all for it. I still do not understand why we don't ask Norway and/or Switzerland how they do it. Just a very simple question, after all.

Don't they tax their citizens over 70% of their income? I'm sure that's how they do it.

God bless,

William

Don't they tax their citizens over 70% of their income? I'm sure that's how they do it.

God bless,

William

67%. Our granddaughter has lived there for many years. All of her income taxes, health and hospitalization, property tax, and much more, are covered. She even gets 30-day free vacations every year. Her education (up through Ph.D.) was covered. She pays for her home, groceries, outings, and travels around the world. It is amazing!!

Staff

67%. Our granddaughter has lived there for many years. All of her income taxes, health and hospitalization, property tax, and much more, are covered. She even gets free vacations every year. Her education (up through Ph.D.) was covered. She pays for her home, groceries, outings, and travels around the world. It is amazing!!

Give me 100% of your income and I'll choose all the things I think you should have. Obama, the man that brought to us Obamacare, in his book, "Dreams of my father" said that the government has every right to tax 100% of your income as long as they provide equal benefits.

God bless,

William

Give me 100% of your income and I'll choose all the things I think you should have. Obama, the man that brought to us Obamacare, in his book, "Dreams of my father" said that the government has every right to tax 100% of your income as long as they provide equal benefits.

God bless,

William

That's how they do it in Norway. There isn't constant haggling in their legislative body.

God bless,

William

I prefer the government out of my wallet. I don't need big brother forcing me to spend my earned income the way they choose. Taxes are already high enough in the US, let alone 67% in Norway. Wow that is a lot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Senate Set To Vote On Two Bills Which Could Reopen The Government

By Henry Rodgers - The U.S. Senate is set to vote on two bills which could reopen the government as both leaders in the Senate agreed to push forward on votes Tuesday afternoon. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer both agreed to put both President Donald Trump’s shutdown bill and the Democratic proposal, which was already passed by the House. Both will go up for vote on the Senate floor Thursday afternoon. Both of these bills would reopen government immediately. However, the bills would need 60 “yes” votes in order to pass, which is unlikely at this point as neither party has the bipartisan support needed. This comes as the government is on its 32nd day of a partial shutdown, as both parties have failed to come to an agreement on border security, a main issue for Trump and Republicans, which they say must be included in a bill in order for the government to reopen. Also a group of Republican and Democratic senators teamed up to put together a letter to send to Trump, asking him to reopen the government Wednesday. McConnell canceled the Senate’s scheduled recess this week to figure out an end to the partial government shutdown. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Senate Set To Vote On Two Bills Which Could Reopen The Government is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Senate Democrat Accuses House Republicans Of Colluding To ‘Derail’ Mueller Probe, Calls For Investigation

By Chuck Ross - A Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee is calling for an investigation of House Republicans he claims have colluded with the Trump White House to derail Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe. Democratic Rhode Island Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse did not cite evidence to back up his allegations. But speaking to the hosts of the “Skullduggery” podcast, the Democrat said that an investigation should be opened into whether President Donald Trump’s Republican allies sought to “impede and throw sticks into the spokes of the Mueller investigation.” “It definitely needs to be investigated, in my view,” Whitehouse said on the podcast, which is hosted by Yahoo’s Michael Isikoff. “Whether it amounts to criminal conduct or not, clearly the efforts of the House Republicans were designed to impede and throw sticks into the spokes of the Mueller investigation.” While many Democratic lawmakers have criticized House Republicans for questioning the premise of the Russia probe, Whitehouse is the first Democrat to specifically call for an investigation of his GOP counterparts. GOP leaders like Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows have asserted that there is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. They’ve also led an independent investigation into the FBI’s use of the unverified Steele dossier to obtain surveillance warrants against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. The Republicans have accused FBI leaders of misleading the federal surveillance court by failing to reveal that the dossier was opposition research and was funded by the Clinton campaign and DNC. House Republicans have also led the charge against former FBI officials like Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, who were caught sending anti-Trump text messages while working on the Russia investigation. Of the Mueller probe, Whitehouse asserted that House Republicans sought to “discredit it, to slow it down, to foul it up, to provide alternative narratives, potentially even to communicate to potential witnesses and jurors their alternative narratives, and thereby influence the proceedings.” “If that is what they did, the only thing that stops that being a crime is the contact with Trump’s lawyers and the corrupt intent,” he continued. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Senate Democrat Accuses House Republicans Of Colluding To ‘Derail’ Mueller Probe, Calls For Investigation is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• May I introduce myself

Hello there,   I have been taking part on the forum for several weeks now, but today I saw the 'Welcome Mat', and realised that I had not really introduced myself.   The Lord brought me to a knowledge of my need of a Saviour at the age of twelve years.  I actually lived on the premises of an undenominational mission hall, and had been attending the services and taking part in the life of the assembly generally, since I was eight years old. However it was at a rally organised by the 'Youth For Christ' organisation that I came under conviction, hearing and believing the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. During my teens I had a period of falling away, during which I married and had two daughters.  Mercifully the Lord brought me back to Himself and the process of growth began, as I read God's Word and fellowshipped with other Christians in a house-group situation.   When the house group disbanded as the young people went on to university and members decided to join local churches. I also joined a Congregational Church community. However, after just a few years a radical change took place and I found myself walking a lone path.  That radical change was brought about by applying the principle of 2 Timothy 2:15, and learning to rightly divide the Word of Truth. The truths of Ephesians one, and the knowledge of being made 'complete' in Christ Jesus, holy and without blame,  of being accepted in the Beloved, made meet to partake of the inheritance of the saints in light, became such precious truth, as I came to realise just what being a member of the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all meant. This is where I remain.   The Lord has brought fellowship my way, mostly in one's and two's, and opportunities for witness, and mutual edification, but I have not been led to join another Christian fellowship community.   I hope that there will be opportunity here, on the forum, to share the Word of God, and interact with other believers, in a loving environment. In Christ Jesus our risen and glorified Saviour, Lord and Head. Chris              

in Testimonies

• Trump offers compromise in border battle, McConnell promises to bring it to a vote, Pelosi says NO

By R. Mitchell - President Donald Trump offered a serious compromise on immigration reform to Democrats during a live address from the White House Saturday. The proposal includes items that Democrats have been demanding for years, the border patrol has been begging to get and Republicans have asked for all in return for some funding for physical barriers along the U.S. – Mexico border. For Democrats, Trump offered $800 million in urgent humanitarian assistance, a 3-year extension for 700,000 DACA and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) aliens, and his plan would allow minors to apply for asylum in their home countries so they may avoid the dangerous trek through Central America and Mexico only to be turned away at the border. For those that support protecting our nation’s borders, Trump put on the table $805 million for drug detection and interdiction and an additional2,750 border agents and law enforcement professionals. In return, the president asked only for funding for additional physical barriers at the border. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that Trump’s proposal “could actually resolve this impasse” because it “takes a bipartisan approach to re-opening the closed portions of the federal government” unlike the bills coming from the Democrat-led House. McConnell said he intends to move this week on legislation containing the proposal so that a bill can be sent to the House quickly. “The situation for furloughed employees isn’t getting any brighter and the crisis at the border isn’t improved by show votes,” McConnell added. “The President’s plan is a path toward addressing both issues quickly. The head Democrat, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, quickly poo-pood all over the compromise from the president. “It is unlikely that any one of these provisions alone would pass the House, and taken together, they are a non-starter,” Pelosi said. “For one thing, this proposal does not include the permanent solution for the Dreamers and TPS recipients that our country needs and supports.” Pelosi’s only offer was that Trump should stop negotiating and just give her what she wants now and then they can talk about anything he might want later. America has seen this show before and it is unlikely that Trump is going to give in to her uncompromising, childish approach to governance. Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details. Trump offers compromise in border battle, McConnell promises to bring it to a vote, Pelosi says NO is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• McConnell Says No Time Off For Senators Until Shutdown Ends

By Henry Rodgers - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate will cancel its scheduled recess next week unless the partial government shutdown ends and the government is funded Tuesday afternoon. “We certainly will not be in recess next week if the government is still shut down,” McConnell said to reporters on Capitol Hill. His comments come as the Senate has a recess planned beginning Friday until Jan. 28, despite the 25 day partial government shutdown. McConnell made it clear that senators would be required to work throughout their scheduled recess unless both parties can compromise and find a way to fund the government. Hours prior, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said the House will cancel its scheduled recess next week, after news broke that a number of congressional Democrats spent the weekend on the beaches of Puerto Rico with dozens of lobbyists and corporate executives, despite the partial government shutdown. Democrats also refused to participate in a lunch with President Donald Trump at the White House Tuesday. The meeting was planned to discuss a compromise to end the partial government shutdown. However, all Democrats who were invited refused to attend. Trump has warned Democrats he might declare a national emergency if they cannot come to an agreement in the near future. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] McConnell Says No Time Off For Senators Until Shutdown Ends is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.