The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

'A Different Feeling': Navy Pilots Describe Shooting Down SU-22

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• DeSantis Suspends Sheriff After Poor Response To Parkland Shooting

By Neetu Chandak - Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis officially suspended Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel on Friday after his poor response to the Parkland high school shooting Feb. 14, 2018. “Effective immediately, I am officially suspending Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for his repeated failures, incompetence and neglect of duty,” DeSantis tweeted Friday. Israel reportedly told his officers he was suspended, but DeSantis had not announced any such decision, The Daily Caller previously reported. Calls to suspend the sheriff were immediate after the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission released a report detailing the failures that happened the day of the shooting. Revelations included police not going after suspected gunman Nikolas Cruz in a timely manner and chaotic radio communication, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported. Seventeen people died on the day of the massacre. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] DeSantis Suspends Sheriff After Poor Response To Parkland Shooting is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Investigation Into Drive-By Shooting Of 7-Year-Old Jazmine Barnes Has ‘Taken A New Direction’

By Hanna Bogorowski - Police have reportedly arrested two men in the murder of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes, who was killed in a drive-by shooting in Houston, Texas, on Dec. 30. The case garnered national attention as it was originally believed to be a racially motivated hate crime after witnesses identified the suspect as a white male driving a red pick-up truck. Police now believe it was a case of mistaken identity, and Jazmine and her family were not targeted. Investigators are now calling the shooting of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes a case of mistaken identity after witnesses believed a white man in a red pick-up truck was responsible for her Dec. 30 murder, but officials said Sunday that two different men have been taken into custody and one has been charged with capital murder. Barnes was killed while sitting in the backseat of her mother’s car with her three sisters as they drove out of a Walmart parking lot in northeast Houston on Dec. 30. Her mother, LaPorsha Washington, was also shot when a car pulled up and began spraying bullets. The case garnered national attention after Washington said she believed the case to be a hate crime after she and her family identified the shooter in the apparently random attack to be a white male. Shaun King, a racial justice activist and a columnist at The Intercept, offered a $100,000 reward for information on the suspect. DeAndre Hopkins, a wide receiver for the Houston Texans, announced on Jan. 3 that he would be donating his $29,000 playoff game check to help Barnes’s family cover funeral expenses. Authorities originally reported the suspect to be a white man driving a red pick-up truck based on accounts of the shooting from Barnes’s family, but the Harris County Sheriff’s Office tweeted late Saturday that the investigation had “taken a new direction.” Homicide investigators subsequently filed a capital murder charge against Eric Black Jr., 20, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office, who had been identified as a suspect based on a tip. He later admitted to taking part in the shooting. Washington told the Houston Chronicle that she believed the shooting was racially motivated, but the sheriff’s office said Sunday that the case was more likely one of mistaken identity, and investigators do not believe Barnes or her family were targeted, according to reports. Barnes’s family’s lawyer, S. Lee Merritt, announced in an Instagram post overnight that a second man, Larry Woodruffe, 24, has been identified as another suspect. Woodruffe is “believed to be the shooter” and has “no connection to Jazmine or her family.” Sources told ABC13 that Woodruffe has been arrested. Merritt wrote in the post that the tip they received on the suspect was “difficult to believe” given the contrasts between Woodruffe and the man in the police sketch. The originally identified suspect in the red pick-up truck is now believed to have been a bystander attempting to escape the shooting, according to Merritt. Actresses Gabrielle Union and Olivia Wilde shared their concern regarding Barnes on social media, with Union tweeting, “Find him! This evil monster must be stopped.” Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Investigation Into Drive-By Shooting Of 7-Year-Old Jazmine Barnes Has ‘Taken A New Direction’ is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Terrorist Yelled ‘Allah is Great!’ during Fatal Christmas Market Shooting

A manhunt is taking place in France as officials search for a gunman who opened fire on the crowded Christmas shopping center in Strasbourg close to the border with Germany. The man was heard yelling Allahu Akbar, which translates to “Allah is great” in Arabic. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Initial Findings Show Police And School Messed Up In Parkland Shooting

By Neetu Chandak - A state commission investigating the Parkland, Florida, massacre highlighted several deficiencies in the way police and the school handled the shooting, in an initial report revealed Wednesday. The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission found doors were unlocked, cops were preoccupied with equipment instead of confronting suspected shooter Nikolas Cruz and communication problems, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported Wednesday. “There is a culture problem in the Florida schools, and the culture problem is that they view security as a thorn in their side, as a pain in their neck,” Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, the commission’s chairman, said according to the Sentinel. The conduct of the deputies who went after ballistic vests was “unacceptable and contrary to accepted protocol under which the deputies should have immediately moved towards the gunshots to confront the shooter,” the report said, the Sentinel reported. The shooter was also able to enter the school because of an open gate with no security, according to CNN. There was also confusion regarding command and control during the incident. “This stemmed from an absence of command and control and an ineffective radio system,” the report said, according to the Sentinel. The commission wants each school district to have clear directions for responding to school shooters including any school official can call a “Code Red” alarm, the Sentinel reported. Another recommendation is having hard corners in classrooms — corners where students can hide from shooters. The commission is also asking for the seven deputies who heard gun shots but did not respond to them to have their performances reviews. The report, as is, does not ask for new gun control initiatives. Cruz had 69 documented incidents of threatening people, engaging in violence and other troubling behaviors between the time he was three to the time he was 19, according to the report. “This was the most preventable school shooting that I’ve ever seen data on,” commission member Ryan Petty said, the Sentinel reported. “This kid was screaming for help by publishing his intentions.” Petty’s 14-year-old daughter, Alaina, was killed in the Feb. 14 shooting, according to the Sentinel. The final report will be sent to Florida’s state legislature on Jan. 1. “What’s here is a draft,” Gualtieri said, according to WLRN. “It is far from a final product.” The Stoneman Douglas shooting left 17 dead. Cruz is the suspected shooter who could face the death penalty if convicted. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Initial Findings Show Police And School Messed Up In Parkland Shooting is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

• Feeling Unmoved by the Gospel

About one year ago I gave myself to Christ. It was a pretty abrupt conversion where I went from being a pretty agnostic person never thinking I would ever be a religious person to becoming very fervent in my studies of the Christian faith. I went from not even knowing what the Bible was about to reading the Bible hours a day, studying theology books, and constantly thinking/praying for God to keep growing my faith.    Although I feel that the Holy Spirit has been working in my life and growing my faith and relationship with Christ I have been struggling with on major thing: the Gospel still doesn’t blow me away.   I know what that must sound like and it is hard for me to say it because I feel awful saying that the major event, the corner stone of the Christian faith, the glorious plan that God put in motion to save sinners like myself just does not blow me away like the way I read others are getting blown away.    I read devotionals, watch video sermons and listen to pastors and they all have a huge thing in common: the gospel has such an impact on their life and they are so marveled by it that they begin to tear up. When I think of the gospel, I don’t have this reaction.  I do like to say that I love Christ and that I want him in my life but I constantly doubt if I love Him for the right reasons. Part me of says I don’t actually love Him but that I want to say I love him so I can go to Heaven and live in eternal bliss. I must admit that when I came to be a follower of Christ I was going through a pretty rough patch of my life. I had an extreme panic disorder and was drinking pretty heavily. I kind of sought out Jesus to help me, but not as a sinner but as someone who was broken and needed some help to feel better and to start living a better life. I can’t say that sin had no part in my conversion but it was not the initiator of my conversion. I was not like the character in the Pilgrims Progress that came to Christ because he felt guilt, I came to Christ looking for help and aide in my sorrows/pains. I did come to the realization of my sin as I started to read the Bible but it was more of a “yeah, I guess I can see myself as a sinner in front of a perfect God and I can see that God should be angry at my sin” kind of realization not a “LORD I am a sinful wretched man and I praise you for you sending your son to save a sinners such as myself!” sort of realization.  I guess part of me asks couldn’t there have been another way to save sinners? People I read, RC Sproul for example, claims that the Gospel is a story that no man could have made up. I just don’t feel this way.    I have been struggling with this for quite some time now and don’t what to do. I have been praying for God to humble myself and to help me realize the full meaning of the Gospel, but not only to help me understand the content but to feel it emotionally as well. I have been reading some of Paul’s epistles where he speaks of a false faith vs a living faith and am worried that me not feeling the extent of what God did through his Son in a way that brings me crazy amounts of joy and makes me praise him all the more shows that my faith is false. I don’t want you all to get the wrong idea, I am just trying to be honest here and express my concerns. I do want Christ in my life I just need help realizing that I do NEED him in my life and why I need him.   

in Reformed/Presbyterian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.