The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
clark thompson

Daniel 7:4-5

Daniel 7:4-5 King James Version (KJV)

4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

Daniel 7:4-5

Darby 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle`s wings: I beheld till its wings were plucked; and it was lifted up from the earth, and made to stand upon two feet as a man, and a man`s heart was given to it. 5 And behold, another beast, a second, like unto a bear, and it raised up itself on one side; and [it had] three ribs in its mouth between its teeth; and they said thus unto it: Arise, devour much flesh.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 This is similar to the vision Ezekiel had in the Ez 1. This mythical creature is known as a griffin. Lion always symbolized strength and power often times the symbol for kings. Eagles are quick and swift. This symbolized Babylon. This shows what happened would happen with Babylon, they would fall but still be strong but be overtaken.

5 The bear symbolizes the Medes Persian Empire which overtook Babylon not long after Daniel would have said this to the king of Babylon. The Persian would end up being the greater part of the empire over the Medes. The three ribs refer to the people they conquered Egypt Babel and the Lydians

• Like 1

I agree, the Lion is Babylon and the Bear is Medo-Persia. The three ribs are Babylon, Egypt, and Lydians.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Chris Pratt Is Doing the Daniel Fast, Encourages His Fans to 'Check it Out'

An outspoken Christian, actor Chris Pratt took to Instagram this week to tell his followers that he is doing the Daniel Fast. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Daniel Radcliffe to Star in New Comedy about God, Heaven

According to CINEMA Magazin, TBS’s new show, “Miracle Workers,” depicts Heaven as if it was grimy and industrial and as if God was checked out. But the limited anthology series comedy is also said to have a positive message. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Is America the endtime Beast country prophesized in Revelation and Daniel?

As you may already know the books of Revelation and Daniel etc. prophesized the Beast country, to be appeared in End time. Many people says about it: S
      ome say it is EU (Europe Union) or other says it is
      UN (United Nations) or other says it is resurrected Roman empire etc. For me, I convince that USA, America is this very nation, end time beast country. You can see this explanation at below:

The book of Daniel depicts this country as:
      1.The country which has strong army (strong horn): America is the strongest war nation in the world. No country can fight with it.
      2. which makes war with other country and destroyed them and opress others: : This is what America is now doing.
      3. which Makes war with saints (christians) and get victory over them: America is the nation which make war against christians and its teaching and getting victory
      (prohibit street evangelization and remove 10 commandments stone and force to accept homosexuality and abortion to christians)
      4. which unites and captures all of the world nations and govern them: Everybody in the world knows Amarica is the strongest and war-like country in the world and America is always invading and destroying other countrys,
      5. which hope to make the world as one world and hope to capture all the world and to be king of this world: Amerca's intention is revealed in its one dollar bill.
      They need one-world and goven them and to establish anti-christ. https://remnant153.jimdo.com/    

in Christian Eschatology

• Daniel 11:40-45 Being Fulfilled

Egypt, Libya, and Sudan were attacked and overthrown in 2011 as was prophesied for the time of the end by the prophet Daniel over 2500 years ago.  Moab, Edom, and Ammon in what is now known as Jordan were unharmed as nations around them fell, just as Daniel prophesied.  We are at the point between Daniel 11:44 and Dan 12:1 per this link -
      https://is.gd/Prophecy_for_Now    

in Christian Eschatology

• Daniel 9:24

Some people believe the 70 weeks of Daniel have not been fulfilled as of yet, as some say the last 7 years of that prophecy is somehow transported somewhere into the future to be fulfilled later. But to say the last 7 years of that prophecy is not yet fulfilled is like saying Jesus Christ being crucified is not yet fulfilled either. This is because Jesus was crucified in the middle of the last 7 in Daniels 70 week prophecy. So let us look at the words of God and see what was determined to be fulfilled in that 70 week prophecy.   Daniel 9:24 24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.” In this verse we understand “thy people” as being the Jews, the “holy city” as being Jerusalem, the “transgression”, because the Jews had transgressed the first covenant God had made with them.   But let’s first back up a bit to get a better perspective on what Daniel was talking about in context, and what Daniel was praying the Lord for prior to the angel Gabriel coming to Daniel. In verse 2 we read Daniel 9:2 “In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.” And then Daniel goes into prayer to the Lord and says in verse 5 Daniel 9:5 “5 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:” And also in verse 11 Daniel 9:11 “11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.”   Then Daniel goes on to explain in the next several verses how, because of all the sins, transgressions and great evil the people had done, the curses written in the law of Moses had come upon them and upon Jerusalem.   Then in verse 16 Daniel asks of the Lord in Daniel 9:16 “16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.” And then we see in the following verses Daniel pleading to the Lord for His forgiveness….and then Gabriel comes because of Daniels prayer, to give him understanding in the matter, and consider the vision. So Gabriel is answering Daniels prayer about the ending this period of a curse and judgment.   Then Gabriel said this time period of 70 weeks would include “to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”     Alright let us look at each one of these things listed above, as all these things Jesus did accomplished.   1.To make an end of sin… Jesus came to make an end of sin…. John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” Romans 6:6 “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”   2.To make reconciliation for inquity…   2 Corinthians 5:18 “And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;   3.To bring in everlasting righteousness…= Christ is our Righteousness   Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; Matthew 9:13 “But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Romans 10:4 “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Hebrews 13:20 “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,   4.To seal up the vision and the prophecy… (Daniel 9:27)   Jesus confirmed the vision and the prophecy given to and spoken of by Daniel. Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Luke 21:20-22 “ And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. The words of Jesus and History confirm Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 ad.   5. And finally to anoint the most Holy….   Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,”   So you see this 70 week prophecy concerning the first coming of Messiah the Prince is already fulfilled. Luke 24:44 “And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.   Prove all things by the words of God. Peace and God bless.      

in Christian Eschatology

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.