The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Saint101

New here... Wanted to say hi.

Staff

Welcome to the forum

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• ICE officers remove former Peruvian army sergeant wanted for alleged role in ‘Santa Barbara Massacre’

By R. Mitchell - DALLAS, Texas — Officers with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) on Tuesday removed a Peruvian citizen wanted in Peru in connection with the 1991 “Santa Barbara Massacre.” Dennis Wilfredo Pacheco-Zambrano, 48, a former Peruvian army second sergeant, has been charged in Peru for his alleged role in the July 4, 1991, torture, rape and extrajudicial killing of 15 Peruvian civilians in the rural village of Santa Barbara, Peru. The killings were part of a larger campaign of military violence against the civilian population in the region that took place between 1980 and 2000. “This case demonstrates that decades-old alleged murders of innocent civilians will not be forgotten,” said Robert Guadian, acting field office director of ERO Dallas. “The United States will not tolerate anyone who tries to use this country as a safe haven for their crimes.” Special agents with ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) arrested Pacheco-Zambrano on Sept. 17, 2018, at his residence in San Angelo, Texas. On Oct. 3, an immigration judge ordered that Pacheco-Zambrano be removed from the United States. This case was litigated by ICE’s Dallas Office of the Chief Counsel with the support of the ICE Human Rights Violators and War Crimes Center (HRVWCC). U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in Lima, Peru, assisted with this case. Since 2003, the HRVWCC has issued more than 75,000 subject records for individuals from more than 110 countries and stopped more than 260 suspected human rights violators and war criminals from entering the U.S. It has supported ICE’s removal of 908 known or suspected human rights violators from the U.S. and has facilitated the departure of an additional 122 such individuals. The HRVWCC’s support of the field has led to the arrest of more than 410 individuals for human rights-related violations of the law under various criminal and immigration statutes. It is currently supporting more than 135 criminal investigations into suspected human rights violators and is pursuing more than 1,750 leads and removal cases involving suspected human rights violators from 95 different countries. HSI encourages the public to report foreign nationals suspected of engaging in human rights abuses or war crimes through its toll-free Tip Line at 1-866-DHS-2-ICE or by completing its online tip form. Both are staffed around the clock by investigators. From outside the U.S. and Canada, callers should dial 802-872-6199. Hearing impaired users can call TTY 802-872-6196. Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements. ICE officers remove former Peruvian army sergeant wanted for alleged role in ‘Santa Barbara Massacre’ is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Mexico Deports Caravan Migrants Wanted for Murder, Drug Trafficking

Mexican law enforcement officials deported two migrants traveling in the caravan that is headed for the U.S. border as they are reportedly fugitives wanted for their roles in a triple murder and drug trafficking. View the full article

• Interview: Joy Davidman: The Woman Who Wanted Something More

Patti Callahan uses historical fiction to trace the transformative journey of C. S. Lewis’s wife. Patti Callahan is the author of over a dozen critically acclaimed novels. Her new book, Becoming Mrs. Lewis: The Improbable Love Story of Joy Davidman and C. S. Lewis, lifts Davidman from behind the shadow of her famous husband, shining a spotlight on her spirited personality, her accomplishments as a writer, and her profound wrestling with the mysteries of God and life. Novelist Rachel McMillan spoke with Callahan about her take on this remarkable romance. It was easy to tell that Joy Davidman is a major passion project of yours. Why come out with this book now? Timing is such a mystery. Years ago, I’d hit a dead-end in the work I was doing. Creativity and writing have always been my worship, my simple way of understanding God and the world as best I can, and yet after 12 novels, I was floundering with how to proceed. One night, with a group of my writer pals, someone asked, “What would you write about if you could write about anything?” “C. S. Lewis’s wife, Joy Davidman,” I said without any forethought. I hadn’t consciously admitted it to myself even once. “But I don’t write historical fiction.” My friend’s face broke into a broad smile. She said, “If you don’t write that, I will.” Well, that was all I needed. I believe Joy tapped me on the shoulder. Her brave personality, her indomitable spirit, and her no-holds-barred attitude joined me in my writing room. I felt, bone deep, that I needed to tell her story in a narrative that would bring her to life beyond the factual biographies (which are interesting and informative) and her public image as the dying wife of C. S. Lewis. I want the world to know the woman not behind Lewis but next to him—the ... Continue reading... View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• ‘I Wanted to Be Part of Something That's Encouraging,’ Tim Tebow Says of His First Film

Former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow is co-producing his first film and it is a tale of faith and overcoming adversity. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• POLL: Wisconsin Is Not Nearly The Cinch Democrats Wanted

By DCNF - Wisconsin’s gubernatorial and U.S. Senate races are looking tight as candidates from the Democratic and Republican parties have nearly equal support, according to a poll released Wednesday. POLL: Wisconsin Is Not Nearly The Cinch Democrats Wanted is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.