The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Acadia

"Trump Assassination Imminent, We Must Act Now to Stop Civil War/Martial Law"

Pastor Rodney Howard Browne of The River church/Revival Ministries -Tampa Florida discusses his recent prayer meeting with President Trump and other Evangelicals at the white house, as well as his concerns that Trump's assassination may be "imminent." The interview with Howard Browne took place on Info Wars and was conducted by Alex Jones. (I don't particularly trust Alex Jones or Info Wars, and I certainly do not trust Rodney Howard Browne [the "Holy Ghost Bartender" famous for being "drunk in the Spirit" and "Holy Laughter"], however, I do think that we need to be paying attention to what is going on as much as we can), and I am very much concerned about the Evangelical leaders Trump has chosen to surround himself with. (Such as Kenneth Copeland and James Robison, both of whom met with the Pope in an ecumenical context a few years ago).

It is certainly possible that Trump could be assassinated but I doubt if it would lead to civil war. Presidents have been assassinated in the past and the nation has survived.

It is certainly possible that Trump could be assassinated but I doubt if it would lead to civil war. Presidents have been assassinated in the past and the nation has survived.

Yes. I'm aware that it is possible, but I am very concerned with the "Evangelical leaders" Trump has surrounded himself with.

Rodney Howard Browne, for example, is very much a "wolf in sheep's clothing." (The self proclaimed "Holy Ghost Bartender" who, to this day, affirms being "drunk in the Spirit" and "Holy Laughter".) He has spread these lying signs and wonders around the country and the world.

'We' need to be Very careful about comments regarding Anyone's potential of being killed / assassinated. That would be conversation to stay away from.

'We' need to be Very careful about comments regarding Anyone's potential of being killed / assassinated. That would be conversation to stay away from.

I shared this video because it's very relevant to us as Christians. We should definitely be aware of what it going on within what calls itself the Church. If we don't talk about it and warn others then the deception will only spread further.

God bless

I shared this video because it's very relevant to us as Christians. We should definitely be aware of what it going on within what calls itself the Church. If we don't talk about it and warn others then the deception will only spread further.

God bless

I heard that statement from a pastor, and it is alarming. I am also alarmed that Kushner, Cohn, and McMaster are running the WH. Trump turned from his campaign promises. Instead of draining the swamp he's become part of it. I think we need to pray about the forces at work in the WH now.

As far as the pastors, I have met some bad ones throughout the years - it is a shame because Trump is very misled right now.

I heard that statement from a pastor, and it is alarming. I am also alarmed that Kushner, Cohn, and McMaster are running the WH. Trump turned from his campaign promises. Instead of draining the swamp he's become part of it. I think we need to pray about the forces at work in the WH now.

As far as the pastors, I have met some bad ones throughout the years - it is a shame because Trump is very misled right now.

Trump seems to have chosen some of today's most popular "Evangelical" leaders, but unfortunately, that does not mean that they will actually be offering him sound, Biblical guidance and support.

Trump seems to have chosen some of today's most popular "Evangelical" leaders, but unfortunately, that does not mean that they will actually be offering him sound, Biblical guidance and support.

Yes unfortunately most popular doesn't mean most sound as you said. Do you pray for Trump? I don't usually but I did the other day when I felt he sold his base out and buckled to the powers that be.

Is there an online bible study here?

Yes unfortunately most popular doesn't mean most sound as you said. Do you pray for Trump? I don't usually but I did the other day when I felt he sold his base out and buckled to the powers that be.

Not as much as I should, although I have prayed for all Christians around the world, and I know I should do that more often.

Is there an online bible study here?

On this Forum?

Not as much as I should, although I have prayed for all Christians around the world, and I know I should do that more often.

On this Forum?

I think we should pray for him - I haven't either but did the other day and want to pray daily.

Yes on this forum - or another - I'm homebound and can't get to church and it's driving me crazy.

• Like 1

I think we should pray for him - I haven't either but did the other day and want to pray daily.

Agreed. I know I need to do better at praying in general.

Yes on this forum - or another - I'm homebound and can't get to church and it's driving me crazy.

Not sure, I haven't been here too long. I'll have to look around more.

Agreed. I know I need to do better at praying in general.

Not sure, I haven't been here too long. I'll have to look around more.

OK thanks - I'll look for one too.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Colorado Civil Rights Commission Updates Mission Statement To Simply Read 'Destroy Jack Phillips'

DENVER, CO—In a change designed to make their mission more transparent to Colorado citizens, the state's Civil Rights Commission updated its mission statement Thursday to read simply "DESTROY JACK PHILLIPS." The post Colorado Civil Rights Commission Updates Mission Statement To Simply Read 'Destroy Jack Phillips' appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Judge Says Christian Baker Jack Phillips’ Lawsuit Against Civil Rights Officials Can Proceed

By Kevin Daley - A federal judge in Denver rejected Colorado’s bid to dismiss a lawsuit alleging that state civil rights officials are waging a campaign of harassment against Jack Phillips, the Christian baker at issue in the landmark Masterpiece Cakeshop case. Three weeks after Phillips prevailed at the Supreme Court, a state anti-discrimination panel issued a new probable cause finding against him, arising from his refusal to create a gender transition cake for a would-be patron called Autumn Scardina. In turn, Phillips’ attorneys charged the panel with acting in bad faith, and asked a federal court to stop the new prosecution. “Colorado is acting in bad faith and with bias toward Jack,” said Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) attorney Jim Campbell, who represents Phillips. “We look forward to moving forward with this lawsuit to ensure that Jack isn’t forced to create custom cakes that express messages in conflict with his faith.” The state asked Daniel to dismiss the lawsuit on three grounds: first, the state argued that the case should be dismissed because of legal rules that forbid federal courts from intervening in ongoing state court proceedings. Second, Colorado said that the 11th Amendment — which generally forbids lawsuits against state officials — bars Phillips’ suit. Daniels rejected those arguments. Phillips is also challenging a provision of Colorado law forbidding business owners from posting notices indicating certain patrons will not be served. The state argued that Phillips does not have standing to challenge that law. Daniel disagreed, explaining that provision chills Phillips’ speech and prevents him from engaging in an activity the First Amendment protects. However, the court dismissed Phillips’ bid to make the individual members of the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and its director personally liable for the damages he is seeking. The judge explained that the director and the commissioners are the functional equivalent of prosecutors, who enjoy total immunity from lawsuits when performing their official duties. Elsewhere in the decision, Daniel said that Phillips has presented evidence of unfair conduct on the commission’s part. The judge noted that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission extended protections to three bakers who declined to produce cakes bearing anti-gay messages, reasoning that those bakers do not have to relay messages with which they disagree. When Phillips made the same argument, however, the commission still found against him and assessed various penalties. “This disparate treatment reveals Director Elenis’ and the defendant commissioners’ hostility towards Phillips, which is sufficient to establish they are pursuing the discrimination charges against Phillips in bad faith, motivated by Phillips’ suspect class (his religion),” Daniel wrote. The Supreme Court found that the commission acted with unwarranted hostility toward Phillips’ Christian religious beliefs in June 2018. Former President Bill Clinton appointed Daniel to the federal bench in 1995. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Judge Says Christian Baker Jack Phillips’ Lawsuit Against Civil Rights Officials Can Proceed is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Civil Rights Groups Demand Zuckerberg Step Down Following Reports Of Anti-Soros Lobbying

By Chris White - Several civil rights groups are calling on Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg step down from the company’s board of directors after reports showed executives paid lobbying firms to target liberal financier George Soros. The Southern Poverty Law Center and MoveOn.org were among dozens of groups that wrote a letter to Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg demanding the company restructure its board. The request comes after The New York Times reported in November that the company worked to discredit Soros. “It’s become abundantly clear that, as currently constituted, your leadership team is unable to adequately address the valid concerns of the civil rights community,” the groups wrote in a letter Monday night. “It is now time for significant changes in, not only your policies, but also your leadership structure.” Liberal activists believe Facebook’s decision to use Republican-lobbying firm Definers Public Affairs to target the billionaire businessman is anti-Semitic. “Though Facebook has had significant time, opportunity and the benefit of input from experts and advocacy groups to address the problems on the platform, your company chose to target civil rights groups and our allies instead of changing the way you do business,” the letter adds. Facebook has not yet responded to The Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment regarding the letter. The Silicon Valley company has taken heat from conservatives and liberals as executives continue wrestling with claims they are not doing enough to suppress so-called fake news. President Donald Trump, in particular, has accused Facebook of censoring conservatives. “Facebook, Twitter and Google are so biased toward the Dems it is ridiculous! Twitter, in fact, has made it much more difficult for people to join @realDonaldTrump,” the president wrote in a Dec. 18 tweet. “They have removed many names & greatly slowed the level and speed of increase. They have acknowledged-done NOTHING!” The New York Times report is all the more surprising considering Facebook’s past alliance with Soros-linked groups. The company partnered with the Atlantic Council, an anti-Trump outfit that receives funds from Soros’s groups, in May to combat election meddling. The Atlantic Council has a “stellar reputation looking at innovative solutions to hard problems,” Facebook said in a press release at the time. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Civil Rights Groups Demand Zuckerberg Step Down Following Reports Of Anti-Soros Lobbying is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Oklahoma pork producer agrees to $1 million civil settlement in Illegal alien hiring case

By R. Mitchell - OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma-based agri-business on Thursday agreed to a $1 million civil settlement with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the State of Oklahoma’s Office of the Attorney General. This case was investigated by special agents with ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Investigations. Seaboard Corporation, which operates a pork production plant in Guymon, Oklahoma, through its subsidiary Seaboard Foods L.L.C., agreed on Nov. 1, 2018, to pay a total of $1,006,000. The settlement follows an investigation into allegations that the Guymon plant hired workers between 2007 and 2012 who were not authorized to work in the United States and the company failed to properly complete employment eligibility forms for those workers. Additionally, the investigation looked into allegations that healthcare claims for certain Seaboard employees, who were enrolled in a private health insurance plan provided by Seaboard, were improperly submitted to the Oklahoma Medicaid Program with respect to the same time period, 2007-2012. The settlement agreement requires Seaboard to pay $750,000 to ICE and $256,000 to the State of Oklahoma’s Office of the Attorney General. This agreement was largely predicated upon Seaboard’s cooperation during the investigation, and on compliance measures taken by Seaboard prior to and during the course of this investigation. “Protecting the integrity of the U.S. immigration system is a key component of our homeland security mission,” said Katrina W. Berger, special agent in charge of HSI Dallas. “Enforcing immigration and hiring laws helps protect jobs for U.S. citizens and lawful residents.” Employer Hiring Requirements Under federal law, employers are required to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all individuals they hire, and to document that information using the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. A notice of inspection alerts business owners that ICE is going to audit their hiring records to determine whether or not they are in compliance with the law. Employers are required to produce their company’s I-9s within three business days, after which ICE will conduct an inspection for compliance. If employers are not in compliance with the law, an I-9 inspection of their business will likely result in civil fines and could lay the groundwork for criminal prosecution, if they are knowingly violating the law. In fiscal year 2017, ICE conducted 1,360 I-9 audits and made 139 criminal arrests and 172 administrative arrests. Businesses were ordered to pay $97.6 million in judicial forfeiture, fines and restitution and $7.8 million in civil fines, including one company whose financial penalties represented the largest payment ever levied in an immigration case. Federal law established by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 requires employers to verify the identity and work eligibility of all individuals they hire. ICE is the federal agency responsible for enforcing these laws, which were set up to protect jobs for U.S. citizens and others who are lawfully employed, and to eliminate unfair competitive advantages for companies that hire an illegal workforce. ICE’s worksite enforcement investigators help combat worker exploitation, illegal wages, child labor, and other illegal practices. Content created by Conservative Daily News is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Oklahoma pork producer agrees to $1 million civil settlement in Illegal alien hiring case is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

• Twitter Introduces New Feature Allowing Users To Flag Civil, Appropriate Content

SAN FRANCISCO, CA—In an attempt to preserve its reputation as a place of toxic interaction and owning each other online, Twitter has announced an exciting new feature that allows users to flag all civil, appropriate content on the platform. The post Twitter Introduces New Feature Allowing Users To Flag Civil, Appropriate Content appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.