The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Jester85

Newbie from NE Ohio here

Greetings all,

My name is Jesse and I am 31 years old from Northeast Ohio.

I was raised as a nondenominational Protestant by parents who believe but are not churchgoing. For the past several months I have been attending a local Free Methodist church.

• Like 1

Staff
Greetings all,

My name is Jesse and I am 31 years old from Northeast Ohio.

I was raised as a nondenominational Protestant by parents who believe but are not churchgoing. For the past several months I have been attending a local Free Methodist church.

Welcome Jesse!

God bless,

William

Staff

Hello and welcome Jester85

Hi Jess, WELCOME TO CF :)

I'm a member of the Evangelical Free Church denomination, we'll have to compare notes :D

Yours in Christ,

David

BTW, have you ever been to the Berlin/Millersburg area of OH? It's the largest Amish settlement in the world and we used to vacation there from time to time (we loved staying at The Inn at Honey Run in MIllersburg .. what a wonderful place :)).

BTW, have you ever been to the Berlin/Millersburg area of OH? It's the largest Amish settlement in the world and we used to vacation there from time to time (we loved staying at The Inn at Honey Run in MIllersburg .. what a wonderful place :)).

I don't think I've ever been to Berlin/Millersburg, but there's a town near me called Jefferson that has a lot of Amish.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Greetings, newbie on this forum

Good morning brothers and sisters, I hope all is well in this little community!  I am a bit saddened because of recently spending almost 3 months on another Christian site.  I know one needs some pretty thick skin to take some of the barbs I did from the Catholics---and that was an issue I avoided for the most part.  I loved that board and many on it became my friends.  I think it's time for a break.  I will not leave them altogether but, for now just need to stay away and see what some other brothers and sisters are all about! I have been following Jesus Christ probably since a small child as I would always wonder about our origin, even at that age-used to really wonder as most children probably do-'where did God come from"  "Who made God though"?   I was raised Catholic until I was around 12 <--- my grandmother was not happy about that!  When I went to my moms new Church-1st time setting foot in a non-catholic Church building...even though I am not Lutheran and there were some Catholicy things there-I just loved it!  Went for a bit through my teens...left it to go out and just plain sin, bars, drinking, dancing, smoking...but...HE never stopped drawing me, fast forward to 1992-a friend and I went to an Assembly s of God service one day and stayed there for about 5-6 years, there was a split there all over a man and a woman who joined the Church-they ousted our pastor, more left than not.  I was one who left, as well as my good friend....so, we flailed around for a bit being un-Churched for a couple years.  I live in an area that is lousy with RC Churches and I knew that was no longer for me.  So, being without a local body, I had a handful of friends who were Christian, TG!- we were kind of like getting blown this way and that with all of our "gee, wonder what this or that means" kind of thing-we had no direction, we did not under how the Holy Spirit works through us, we didn't understand ANYTHING!  Lol..Okay, this is becoming a Tomb  Sorry.  Bottom line. last 3 years I have found a wonder Baptist Church just down the street from me and have been a member since last year.   I Do not agree with every single thing my wonderful pastor believes,  he knows our differences, but he speaks Gods word and does a fine job, he never misses giving the true gospel so...any doctrine that has nothing to do with Christ and His gospel, for me, I will not argue with anyone about...causes strife-IMHO.  Too easy to get feathers ruffled. Peace and Grace to you all. Submission one

in Welcome Mat

• Newbie here looking for Vegan Deodorant!

Hello mate,I   I am newbie here. I need your help please. I hope someone will help me replying to my thread. I'm looking for a Vegan Deodorant. Which Vegan Deodorant do you use mate? I have heard about Ardent Vegan Deodorant. So I am bit interested to try for it. Which I would like to try Ardent Vegan Deodorant because the below benefits-   1) Neutralize Sweat 2) No Clogged Pores 3) Skin Whitening 4) Heal Skin 5) No Staining 6) Safe to Use 7) Reduced Risk of Cancer   Lots of advantageous using Ardent Vegan Deodorant. If you have another option I would like to try that one too. Please let me know your suggestion. Thanks!

in Health & Fitness

Hi. I just joined. I never know what to say in these introductions, but I look forward to exploring the community. I've only read a few things so far, but this seems like a good group!   Oh, and I'm a very recent re-convert. I'm trying to come into the light out of the darkness...but of course it's hard to tell sometimes where one begins and the other ends, so I thought it might be a good idea to seek a community of Christians. I don't go to church now, and I'm moving soon, so I hope to find a good one soon when I get where I'm going.   God bless.

in Welcome Mat

• A Newbie Says Hello

Hello there, my name is Luri (not my real name though). I am Asian by ethnicity. For privacy issue, I am not revealing my true name and location. The name Luri is my pet name, which I use is online. I have never followed any faiths, however, I am liberal and I believe in religious tolerance. I am a banker by profession and visit Church in my town once in a while

in Welcome Mat

• Newbie here

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am interested in exploring the spiritual and have a strong belief in god. It is good to be here.

in Exploring Christianity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.