Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
BEAVER DAM, WY—Local man Dean Lionel wrote in a Yahoo News comment section Monday that he believes celebrities should stay out of politics, all while his favorite portrait of Ronald Reagan looked on from his wall. The post 'Celebrities Should Stay Out Of Politics,' Says Man With Framed Portrait Of Ronald Reagan appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article
Our apologies for the recent down time, however, our server migration is now complete. We've also changed our domain name to christforums.com rather than from the past .org. Be sure to update book marks etc, but going to the old domain should redirect here. God bless, William
1. Georgia: Governor Brian Kemp v. Stacey Abrams 2. Arizona: Senate Martha McSally v. Kyrsten Sinema
Anthony Buzzard denies the Lord Jesus is God, but he affirms that the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer. Praying to the Lord Jesus does not mean He is God because those of the nation of Israel were prayed to in Isaiah 45:14 and certainly they aren't God (see 1:52 and 2:50). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUNvycDmsYg What Anthony Buzzard ought to understand is that prayer, as properly defined, ought only to be rendered unto God.[*1] And since the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer this proves He is God.[*2] Furthermore, Isaiah 45:14 does not teach that prayer is made to the nation of Israel. Jonathan said a prayer to God when speaking to David (1 Samuel 20:12) and those in Acts 21:14 said a prayer to the Lord Jesus when speaking to Paul. Both of these prayers were done in the Lord's "hearing" (1 Chronicles 28:8; Malachi 3:16). In fact, praying to the Lord Jesus involves "speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs" (Ephesians 5:19, NASB, the italics is mine). [*1] God is the only proper recipient of prayer
1. H. Schonweiss: In prayer we are never to forget whom we are addressing: the living God, the almighty one with whom nothing is impossible, and from whom therefore all things may be expected (NIDNTT 2:857, Prayer). 2. P. A. Verhoef: To pray is an act of faith in the almighty and gracious God who responds to the prayers of his people (NIDOTTE 4:1062, Prayer).
3. Arland J. Hultgren: Prayer, the act of petitioning, praising, giving thanks, or confessing to God (Harper's Bible Dictionary, Prayer, page 816).
4. Samuel E. Balentine: In sum, both the OT and the NT portray prayer as a principal means by which Creator and creature are bound together in an ongoing, vital, and mutually important partnership (Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible, Prayer, page 1079). 5. E. P. Clowney: Prayer is communication with God in worship (New Dictionary of Theology, Prayer, page 526).
6. Randy Hatchett: Prayer in the Bible involves the dialogue between God and people, especially His covenant partners (Holman Bible Dictionary, Prayer).
7. Easton Bible Dictionary: Is converse with God: the intercourse of the soul with God, not in contemplation or meditation, but in direct address to him. (Prayer) http://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/ebd/view.cgi?n=2998
8. Bridgeway Bible Dictionary: Prayer is that activity of believers whereby they communicate with God, worshipping him, praising him, thanking him, confessing to him and making requests of him. (Prayer)
http://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/bbd/view.cgi?n=622 [*2] Praying to Jesus as God 1. William Mounce: The fact that people pray to both God (Mt. 6:9) and Jesus (Acts 1:24) is part of the proof of Jesus' deity (Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old & New Testament Words, Pray, page 531). 2. By praying to Jesus demands that He fully knows the hearts of all which demonstrates He is omniscient (God). See 1 Kings 8:38-39 in post #3. https://www.christforums.org/topic/5196-kardiognōstēs-does-it-mean-omniscient/?tab=comments#comment-70200
By DCNF - Former Democratic New York congressman Anthony Weiner may get out of federal prison three months early after being sentenced to 21 months for sexting a minor. Remember Anthony Weiner? He Might Be Getting Out Of Prison Early is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article