The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ad.mike2016

Italy

As I have been doing I would ask to please keep the areas affected by the recent 6.2 magnitude earthquake in Italy in your prayers. Sadly there are many people who have been affected by this natural disaster. It has been a few days since the earthquake has hit and the chance of any survivors still being trapped in the rubble alive is dwindling. Please keep anyone that may be trapped and all the people who lost their life and their families in your prayers. Thanks, God bless.

This is certainly some sad news and the last I heard the death toll was over 300, which is terrible to hear. It does sound like the community is coming together and providing support, but there is only so much that can be done and there is certainly much work ahead. They are all certainly in my prayers, and I hope that the road to recovery can begin soon. I will definitely stay tuned and pray for the best. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Planting Gospel-Centered Churches in Italy

Throughout the book of Acts, Luke describes the unstoppable progress of the gospel. And he ends the book with Paul preaching in a Roman prison. It’s an unusual but powerful ending, in that Luke shows us the triumphant power of the gospel.
      The messenger is in chains, but the Word of God is not bound. Luke’s ending communicates something like: this book is finished, but the mission isn’t. We get to be part of this ongoing mission. We get to join the drama of spreading the good news to the nations, and planting churches in every nook and cranny of the world. God replaces the messengers, but this life-changing message continues to be preached. In Italy, where Paul finally reached in Acts 28, many faithful men and women are continuing this mission today. One of the men helping lead a missional movement in Italy is J. D. Gilmore, who’s with us on the podcast today. You can listen to this podcast episode here. Subscribe Itunes RSS View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Watch Live: President Trump and Prime Minister Conte of Italy Host a Joint Press Conference

By R. Mitchell - President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte of Italy hold a joint press conference Monday afternoon in the Rose Garden of the White House. The event is scheduled to begin at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Watch Live: President Trump and Prime Minister Conte of Italy Host a Joint Press Conference is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Italy’s New Leaders: ‘Free Ride Is Over’ for Migrants

Italy’s New Leaders: ‘Free Ride Is Over’ for Migrants   One of Italy’s new breed of leaders is laying down the law to the migrants who have flooding the southern European nation in recent years. “The free ride is over,” Matteo Salvini, Italy’s recently named interior minister, warned migrants at a rally on Saturday, according to The Associated Press. “It’s time to pack your bags.” On Friday, hours after he was sworn in, Salvini made his position, and that of the government in which he serves, crystal clear.   Rest of the article is at the link: https://www.westernjournal.com/italys-new-leaders-free-ride-is-over-for-migrants/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=conservativevideos&utm_campaign=weeklyam&utm_content=libertyalliance

in Christian Current Events

• Horror: Real Reason UK Won’t Let Alfie Go to Italy Is Bone Chilling

“The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.'” That warning about an overly powerful bureaucracy was uttered by Ronald Reagan in 1986, but it has become all too real in 2018. Across the Atlantic in the United Kingdom, the British healthcare system has decided to “help” a…   The post Horror: Real Reason UK Won’t Let Alfie Go to Italy Is Bone Chilling appeared first on Conservative Tribune.       More...

• Report: Italy Will File Murder Claim if UK Won’t Release Alfie for Treatment in Rome

On the same day that a High Court in the United Kingdom ruled 23-month-old Alfie Evans must be taken off of life support, the country of Italy did a surprising and unprecedented thing — it gave the comatose toddler citizenship. Now, the country says it will file a murder claim against officials in the United…   The post Report: Italy Will File Murder Claim if UK Won’t Release Alfie for Treatment in Rome appeared first on Conservative Tribune.       More...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.