The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ad.mike2016

Clean Movie Technology

One of my coworkers who has small kids, was talking to me about VidAngel. Apparently, this technology removes cursing and nudity from movies. You basically have to download a program that runs while the movie is playing and then it edits out questionable material. If I remember correctly there was a company a few years back that would also edit movies that you could buy, I think it was called Cleanflix. I do know they went out of business a while back. Has anyone used a program to filter out questionable material from movies? I was wondering how well it worked.

• Like 1

Staff
One of my coworkers who has small kids, was talking to me about VidAngel. Apparently, this technology removes cursing and nudity from movies. You basically have to download a program that runs while the movie is playing and then it edits out questionable material. If I remember correctly there was a company a few years back that would also edit movies that you could buy, I think it was called Cleanflix. I do know they went out of business a while back. Has anyone used a program to filter out questionable material from movies? I was wondering how well it worked.

I haven't used one, but I would love to install it on my television for normal broadcasting even for us adults.... my wife is very firmly against profanity etc and when I play a movie usually a war genre and someone drops the big one I can feel her stare at me.

I do use Google search though and look at the Ratings first, and why it was given its rating. Some sites will say, uses the F bomb 67 times, etc. Of course this says nothing, and neither would your program about questionable ideology etc for children.

Film Rating

God bless,

William

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Talking In Movie Theaters Declared To Be An Abomination Unto The Lord

WORLD—The Old Testament lists many acts the Lord considers to be an abomination, and a new revelation from on high indicates that one more thing is being added to the biblical list of forbidden activities: talking while watching a movie. The post Talking In Movie Theaters Declared To Be An Abomination Unto The Lord appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Trump Rounds Up Allies To Aggressively Challenge China for Stealing Technology

By Chris White - The United States and a score of other western allies joined together Thursday to blame China for a more than decade-long effort to gobble up trade secrets and technology from a dozen countries. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin blocked a proposal to impose sanctions on Chinese agents implicated in hackings, The Washington Post reported, citing anonymous sources. Mnuchin blocked the measure out of fear that it would interfere with U.S.-China trade talks. Thursday’s accusations came as the Justice Department unveiled indictments against two Chinese hackers, who it said acted “in association with” the Chinese Ministry of State Security (MSS). Two members of a hacking squad known as “Advanced Persistent Threat 10” were accused of conspiracy to commit computer intrusions and wire fraud, the indictment said. They allegedly presided over a Chinese-government-backed campaign of cyber theft targeting advanced technologies with commercial and military applications. Hackers also went after companies widely considered gatekeepers to computer networks serving scores of corporate clients. Government officials believe the hackers were acting on behalf of China as the communist nation works to supplant the U.S. as a global power. “China’s goal, simply put, is to replace the U.S. as the world’s leading superpower, and they’re using illegal methods to get there,” FBI Director Christopher Wray told reporters. More than 90 percent of cases alleging economic espionage involved China as did more than two-thirds of trade secret theft prosecutions, according to Deputy Attorney General Rob Rosenstein. Most of China’s actions have come over the past seven years – and there is some evidence some of U.S.’ biggest allies are taking the hackings seriously. “This demonstrates there’s a strong well of international support the United States can tap . . . Countries are fed up,” Ely Ratner, executive vice president of the Center for a New American Security, told reporters. Officials from London, Canberra, Ottawa, and Wellington knocked China for violating previously pledges to avoid hacking for commercial gain. Some analysts are skeptical the indictments and alliance will have any effect. “Just as when the Obama administration did it, indicting a handful of Chinese agents out of the tens of thousands involved in economic espionage is necessary but not important,” Derek Scissors, a China analyst at the American Enterprise Institute, told reporters. The U.S.’ move comes amid President Donald Trump’s tariff war against China. The president reached a major agreement with Chinese President Xi Jinpin during a Dec. 2 meeting ahead of a G-20 summit. The meeting temporarily staved off an escalating trade battle between the world’s two biggest economies. There’s also fears that China is using American automakers and Silicon Valley companies to expand its tech dominance. Tesla and General Motors are among 200 companies transmitting position information and other data to government-backed monitoring centers in China. The information is regularly cobbled and delivered without citizen’s knowledge. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Trump Rounds Up Allies To Aggressively Challenge China for Stealing Technology is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Soros Org Gave $500K To Activists Who Accosted Pam Bondi At Movie Theater

By Peter Hasson - The left-wing activist group that accosted Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi at a movie theater in June received half a million dollars in 2017 from an organization funded by left-wing billionaire George Soros in 2017, documents obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation reveal. Organize Florida, the group that hounded Bondi from a Florida movie theater, received $500,000 last year from the Open Society Policy Center (OSPC), according to OSPC’s most recent tax forms. OSPC is the advocacy arm of Soros’s Open Society Foundations, which the billionaire uses to advance his left-wing worldview around the globe. OSPC awarded the grant to Organize Florida to “support policy advocacy,” according to the group’s tax forms. Organize Florida activists yelled at Bondi, a Republican ally of President Donald Trump, about the president’s immigration and health care policies during the protest in June. One of the protesters spit on Bondi’s head, she said afterward. WATCH: Other targets of Organize Florida’s protests include women’s health centers that don’t perform abortions. OSPC did not respond to a request for comment regarding the grant to Organize Florida, and whether the activists’s actions toward Bondi are consistent with OSPC’s mission. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Soros Org Gave $500K To Activists Who Accosted Pam Bondi At Movie Theater is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Members of international movie piracy ring indicted in scheme to steal and sell pre-release Hollywood films and TV shows

By R. Mitchell - LOS ANGELES – A federal grand jury Wednesday indicted five men in four countries on federal charges alleging they distributed or offered for sale stolen digital versions of hundreds of motion pictures and television shows – including “Fifty Shades of Grey,” “The Expendables 3” and “The Walking Dead” – prior to their official release. Members of the hacking conspiracy broke into computer systems used by Hollywood film production companies and stole digital files, including feature films, trailers, television series episodes and audio tracks, according to the indictment filed this afternoon in U.S. District Court. The ring allegedly put the stolen files on a server in France, which contained more than 25,000 motion picture-related files, including the feature films “Godzilla,” “How to Train Your Dragon 2” and “Horrible Bosses 2.” The defendants also illicitly acquired copies of films by other means, including recording cinema screenings and obtaining copies of motion pictures distributed to movie industry professionals, according to the indictment, which outlines criminal conduct beginning in early 2013 and continuing into the spring of 2015. Once they obtained the movies and other content, the defendants allegedly altered the properties of the computer files to make it easier to distribute online. According to the indictment, they offered the stolen motion picture files for sale via private electronic communications, but they also uploaded stolen movies onto pirate movie websites. The defendants used a shared PayPal account to receive and distribute money from the sale of the pirated motion pictures, the indictment states. In February 2015, one of the defendants allegedly told a prospective buyer that the ring would be offering copies of the films “Kingsman: The Secret Service” and “Fifty Shades of Grey” for sale on the same day as their U.S. theatrical release. The defendants charged in the indictment are: Malik Luqman Farooq, 30, a resident of the United Kingdom, who allegedly sold more than a dozen stolen pre-release or contemporaneous-release films over a period of two years. Farooq was previously arrested by the City of London Police on related charges and is awaiting trial in the United Kingdom. Aditya Raj, believed to reside in India, who allegedly released pirated movies on the internet and helped arrange for the camcording of various films in India. Sam Nhance, believed to reside in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, who allegedly procured and maintained the computer server on which the co-conspirators stored and manipulated digital files for further distribution. Ghobhirajah Selvarajah, believed to reside in Malaysia, who was the registered owner of a PayPal account that the co-conspirators allegedly used to receive payment for sales of films and to pay for the storage server for the group. Jitesh Jadhav, also believed to reside in India, is alleged to have camcorded films in India that were sold by other members of the conspiracy, including screenings of “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.” The co-conspirators are also alleged to have previously operated a website used to distribute pirated “Bollywood” films, known as “BollyTNT.” The defendants, who are not in U.S. custody, are named in a seven-count indictment that charges them with conspiracy to commit computer fraud, unauthorized access to a computer, aggravated identity theft, and copyright infringement. The conspiracy, computer hacking, and copyright violation charges each carry a statutory maximum sentence of five years in federal prison. The charges of aggravated identity theft carry a mandatory two-year sentence to run consecutively to any other sentence imposed in the case. Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements. Members of international movie piracy ring indicted in scheme to steal and sell pre-release Hollywood films and TV shows is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Favorite War Movie Clips ~ Rated R

Warning: These scenes have intense violent war action and may include an occasion vulgarity when a bullet whizzes by someone's head!   1st: Black Hawk Down (Based on a true story) The film takes place in 1993 when the U.S. sent special forces into Somalia to destabilize the government and bring food and humanitarian aid to the starving population. Using Black Hawk helicopters to lower the soldiers onto the ground, an unexpected attack by Somalian forces brings two of the helicopters down immediately. From there, the U.S. soldiers must struggle to regain their balance while enduring heavy gunfire.   As you may of remember up until this point the U.S. government could not confirm or deny the existence of Delta.   This is the Delta Sniper scene where a sniper and his scout volunteer to rescue and hold the perimeter around a downed black hawk chopper pilot. These two men gave their lives defending the pilot until their death:     2nd: Act of Valor (Based on real acts of Valor) An unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking, Act of Valor stars a group of active-duty U.S. Navy SEALs in a film like no other in Hollywood’s history. A fictionalized account of real life Navy SEAL operations, Act of Valor features a gripping story that takes audiences on an adrenaline-fueled, edge-of-their-seat journey. When a mission to recover a kidnapped CIA operative unexpectedly results in the discovery of an imminent, terrifying global threat, an elite team of highly trained Navy SEALs must immediately embark on a heart-stopping secret operation, the outcome of which will determine the fate of us all. Act of Valor combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the-minute battlefield technology, and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure film–showcasing the skills, training and tenacity of the greatest action heroes of them all: real Navy SEALs.   Make sure you crank up the audio to listen to the gun boats during a HOTTTT Extraction!    

in Military

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.