The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
listener1987

Cooking Shows

I don't watch any cooking shows on TV, but I love binge watching them on Netflix! Since there's not really any plot, I can leave the room to put away laundry and actually get things done while TV is on.

At the moment I have every cooking show on Netflix in my queue, though I don't know if all of them are good. My favorite was probably Worst Cooks in America; I also liked Cutthroat Kitchen and Beat Bobby Flay. Now I'm watching Guy's Grocery Games.

On Amazon Prime, I can watch America's Test Kitchen videos, which are awesome. No competition, just friendly education and inspiration. I've cooked so many meals inspired by them.

My one peeve with Netflix is that they don't seem to have entire seasons of cooking shows. Instead, they pick random episodes (out of order) and shove them into a "collection." And I'm a completionist; I want to finish one series before starting another. So it irks me.

Any good cooking shows you've come across? I'm interested!

Cooking shows are extremely addicting to me. Once I subscribed to Netflix, I was introduced to a series of reality television shows. My love for reality television increased and I found an interest for cooking shows- specifically cooking competitions. I have always loved watching competitive gameshows, but had never watched through a good cooking competition. After watching the first season of Cutthroat Kitchen, I found myself addicted to the series. With every new season release on Netflix, I binge the season within a week. I love watching the cook's ideas spring to life, with only a few ingredients and minimal time. It's interesting to see what someone can do with so little. I also love that they add different obstacles for the cooks to compete over.

I totally understand your love for cooking shows! The only shows I can't get into are step by step instruction. I don't like watching someone prepare delicious food. I don't mind watching them prep food for a competition, but hate to watch someone cook in order to learn. Id rather follow a recipe.

I used to watch the Italian guy, Mario Batali and even bought one of his cook books,it was called "Simple Italian Food" I think. I watched the food network back in the day a lot, and he would travel and eat in places all over the Mediterranean including countries like France,Greece,Spain and Italy and it was called Mediterranean Mario. Another was "Mario Eats Italy", and I think he had a sidekick in this one,but it was fun and there was some good scenery also.

I used to watch the Italian guy, Mario Batali and even bought one of his cook books,it was called "Simple Italian Food" I think. I watched the food network back in the day a lot, and he would travel and eat in places all over the Mediterranean including countries like France,Greece,Spain and Italy and it was called Mediterranean Mario. Another was "Mario Eats Italy", and I think he had a sidekick in this one,but it was fun and there was some good scenery also.

Did you ever see him in "Iron Chef America?" That is such a fun show to watch, although Food Network is always more enjoyable to watching​ with someone else.

Did you ever see him in "Iron Chef America?" That is such a fun show to watch, although Food Network is always more enjoyable to watching​ with someone else.

Yes, I tried to watch this show and it was ok but I guess I found it quite boring with the Alton Brown guy,but It just never got my attention much,or I just did not watch it for some reason. But I used to watch "Giada everyday Italian" though a lot(or I think that was the name of it),and I think she cooked a lot of California Cuisine?

Yeah, Giada mainly cooks Italian dishes, but puts her own personal spin on them.

If you don't like ICA, you should check out some of the reality Food Network shows on Netflix; like "Food Network Star" or their worst chef show. Beware though, I was watching these with some neighbors and it was a little addicting.

I also don't watch them on TV but I like turning them on the internet and watch a bit. There is always something fun and new to try out. I don't cook, not that often but I would like to learn so I gather the information from everywhere I can.

I am watching cooking shows and I like it very much because I have a lot of things to learn from them. For example, I have learned how to make the cow meat bolder, I can keep the meat in wine or add beer when I am cooking it.

We have here two shows of cooking, The cooking chef and Knifes war, and I watch each of them. Are interesting, funny, and good educational shows about cooking!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• New Poll Shows Joe Biden With Big Lead Among Potential DEM POTUS Candidates

By Chris White - Former Vice President Joe Biden is holding a comfortable lead among a slate of potential Democratic candidates ahead of the presidential election, according to an NPR/PBS poll published Thursday. Biden holds a high favorability rating among black people (70 percent), white people without a college education (71 percent), and white people with a college education (83 percent). His numbers are sky-high compared to Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York and Kamala Harris of California. Gillibrand’s favorability ratings are underwater among black people while Harris’s numbers are not that much better. Only 7 percent of black people polled said they have a favorable opinion of the New York Democrat. Harris’s favorability ratings among that group are worse than Biden’s. Gillibrand announced her intent to run for office Tuesday during an appearance on Stephen Colbert. The survey of 1,023 adults was conducted January 10- 13 by The Marist Poll and sponsored in partnership with NPR and PBS NewsHour. The poll results appear to say more about the distance between Biden and his potential foes than the strengths of the candidates themselves. Results from the NPR poll come off the heels of a Morning Consult poll in December 2018 showing Biden leading the pack of prospective Democratic nominees in 2020, drawing 26 percent of party support in a mid-November Morning Consult poll. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders followed a close second in the poll, drawing 19 percent among Democrats. Some Republicans worry that Biden poses the biggest threat to President Donald Trump. Sen. Lindsey Graham, for one, told reporters in December that the former vice president might be what the Democrat Party needs to win in 2020 despite being a flawed candidate. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] New Poll Shows Joe Biden With Big Lead Among Potential DEM POTUS Candidates is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Record High Say Religion Can’t Answer Life’s Problems, Poll Shows

An overwhelming majority of Americans say religion is important in their lives, although a record high says religion does not have the answers for life’s problems, according to a new Gallup poll. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Watch: Harrowing Video Shows Massive Indonesian Tsunami Wiping Out Concert Venue

By Chris White - A video circulating the internet appears to show a massive tsunami in Indonesia crashing through the walls of a concert venue, prompting band members and the audience to scurry for their lives. The tsunami plowed through hundreds of people who were at an event on Tanjung Lesung beach in Pandeglang, an Indonesian province. Indonesian pop band Seventeen was performing when the wave crushed a wall and pushed the stage into the audience. Watch: Public utility company PLN told reporters that at least 14 people were killed at Tanjung Lesung, but 89 others are still unaccounted. It happened Saturday night after a volcano erupted on Mount Anak Krakatau, which is located in an area between Java and Sumatra. Officials believe the eruption caused an underwater landslide, which triggered the tsunami. “The tsunami was not triggered by an earthquake,” Indonesian National Disaster Mitigation Agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho told reporters. “It’s possible that it was triggered by an underwater landslide due to the eruption of Mount Anak Krakatau. At the same time there was high tide because of the full moon.” There was little time for people to react, officials say.  “There was no tsunami warning,” Rahmat Triyono, earthquake and tsunami chief at Indonesia’s Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency, told reporters. “There was no earthquake.” The death toll from the tsunami stands at nearly 222, with another 800 people suffering multiple injuries. It was the second tsunami in Indonesiathis year, capping what will be a devastating year for the Asian country, with earthquakes, floods, fires and an airline crash combining to kill more than 4,500 people. Indonesia is a vast archipelago that lies at the margins of the Pacific Ocean where an intersection of large layers of the Earth’s crust causes frequent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The eastern part of the archipelago sits atop numerous smaller blocks called microplates. Nearly 400 people were killed after an earthquake caused a tsunami on the island in September. That was a month after at least 91 people died from a magnitude 7.0 earthquake that hit the Indonesian island of Lombok in August, Indonesian officials said at the time. U.S. Geological Services estimated that the earthquake occurred about 6.5 miles inland. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Watch: Harrowing Video Shows Massive Indonesian Tsunami Wiping Out Concert Venue is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Members of international movie piracy ring indicted in scheme to steal and sell pre-release Hollywood films and TV shows

By R. Mitchell - LOS ANGELES – A federal grand jury Wednesday indicted five men in four countries on federal charges alleging they distributed or offered for sale stolen digital versions of hundreds of motion pictures and television shows – including “Fifty Shades of Grey,” “The Expendables 3” and “The Walking Dead” – prior to their official release. Members of the hacking conspiracy broke into computer systems used by Hollywood film production companies and stole digital files, including feature films, trailers, television series episodes and audio tracks, according to the indictment filed this afternoon in U.S. District Court. The ring allegedly put the stolen files on a server in France, which contained more than 25,000 motion picture-related files, including the feature films “Godzilla,” “How to Train Your Dragon 2” and “Horrible Bosses 2.” The defendants also illicitly acquired copies of films by other means, including recording cinema screenings and obtaining copies of motion pictures distributed to movie industry professionals, according to the indictment, which outlines criminal conduct beginning in early 2013 and continuing into the spring of 2015. Once they obtained the movies and other content, the defendants allegedly altered the properties of the computer files to make it easier to distribute online. According to the indictment, they offered the stolen motion picture files for sale via private electronic communications, but they also uploaded stolen movies onto pirate movie websites. The defendants used a shared PayPal account to receive and distribute money from the sale of the pirated motion pictures, the indictment states. In February 2015, one of the defendants allegedly told a prospective buyer that the ring would be offering copies of the films “Kingsman: The Secret Service” and “Fifty Shades of Grey” for sale on the same day as their U.S. theatrical release. The defendants charged in the indictment are: Malik Luqman Farooq, 30, a resident of the United Kingdom, who allegedly sold more than a dozen stolen pre-release or contemporaneous-release films over a period of two years. Farooq was previously arrested by the City of London Police on related charges and is awaiting trial in the United Kingdom. Aditya Raj, believed to reside in India, who allegedly released pirated movies on the internet and helped arrange for the camcording of various films in India. Sam Nhance, believed to reside in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, who allegedly procured and maintained the computer server on which the co-conspirators stored and manipulated digital files for further distribution. Ghobhirajah Selvarajah, believed to reside in Malaysia, who was the registered owner of a PayPal account that the co-conspirators allegedly used to receive payment for sales of films and to pay for the storage server for the group. Jitesh Jadhav, also believed to reside in India, is alleged to have camcorded films in India that were sold by other members of the conspiracy, including screenings of “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.” The co-conspirators are also alleged to have previously operated a website used to distribute pirated “Bollywood” films, known as “BollyTNT.” The defendants, who are not in U.S. custody, are named in a seven-count indictment that charges them with conspiracy to commit computer fraud, unauthorized access to a computer, aggravated identity theft, and copyright infringement. The conspiracy, computer hacking, and copyright violation charges each carry a statutory maximum sentence of five years in federal prison. The charges of aggravated identity theft carry a mandatory two-year sentence to run consecutively to any other sentence imposed in the case. Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements. Members of international movie piracy ring indicted in scheme to steal and sell pre-release Hollywood films and TV shows is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• New Poll Shows Good News For Trump In Iowa

By Molly Prince - President Donald Trump currently has the support of an overwhelming majority of Iowa’s Republicans, according to a Des Moines Register/CNN/Mediacom Iowa poll released on Sunday. The poll shows that two-thirds of Republicans in Iowa say they would “definitely vote to re-elect Trump” if the general election for president were held today. Trump also has a positive approval rating, with 81 percent of respondents approving of his job as president thus far — alternatively, only 14 percent disapprove. Furthermore, over three-quarters of Iowa’s Republicans view him favorably. Interestingly, the poll shows that despite the support that Trump is receiving in Iowa, the state’s Republicans would also welcome a challenge to the presidency in 2020. Sixty-three percent of respondents backed a Republican challenger, while 26 percent thought a challenger should be discouraged. With all of the issues facing Trump, the only issue that polled underwater was his use of Twitter. When asked if it has been a good move to post “potentially inflammatory messages on Twitter on a regular basis,” only 19 percent of Republican voters agreed. More than 70 percent of respondents referred to the move as a “mistake.” The issue most commended by respondents was sending troops from the military down to the U.S.-Mexico border in response to the migrant caravan. Over 80 percent agreed with the move, with only 12 percent dissenting. The Des Moines Register/CNN/Mediacom Iowa poll was conducted between Dec. 10 and 13 with a 4.6 percent margin of error. It was composed of a sample size of  450 registered Republican voters weighted by age and congressional district. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] New Poll Shows Good News For Trump In Iowa is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.