The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
theMadJW

FABRICATED Words to support Dogma....

Rapture, Immortal Soul, Hellfire, Trinity, Triune Godhead, Co-Equal, Hypostaic Union, Divine essences, Divine Natures, God-the-Son,

God-the-GHOST, Hypostasis, Homoousios, Perichoresis , Tripersonal ,Godman, Omnipresence,Incarnation, Sacred Mystery,

God in three persons, Dual nature, incarnate, reincarnate, first person of the trinity, second person of the trinity,

third person of the trinity, multipersonal, TRI-UNITY , ABSOLUTE DEITY, God -man- and so many more! Not even IMPLIED in the Bible!

Staff

Circuit Assemblies, Theocratic, Kingdom hall and many more that are part of JW theology are not found or even implied in the Bible. See how it easy it is to turn that around.

Moreover the idea that terms not found in the Bible cannot be used to describe certain concepts and ideas is simply stupid. The words omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent are not found in the Bible but the concepts are.

• Like 4

Languages evolve and each generation comes up with new ones that allow us to further describe complex concepts. Even if the words weren't used in the Bible doesn't mean the concept wasn't, like Origen has said. The trinity concisely describe the three partnership of God, Holy Spirit, and Jesus. God-the-Son shows that Jesus is God in human form. Though I'm not sure about incarnation, I thought that was an Eastern concept so I don't expect it to be in the bible. First, second, and third person of the Trinity is simply to separate the aspects and break down complex concepts into smaller bite sized one.

• Like 1

Staff
Not even IMPLIED in the Bible!

The word bible is also not included in Scripture.

• Like 1

Rapture, Immortal Soul, Hellfire, Trinity, Triune Godhead, Co-Equal, Hypostaic Union, Divine essences, Divine Natures, God-the-Son,

God-the-GHOST, Hypostasis, Homoousios, Perichoresis , Tripersonal ,Godman, Omnipresence,Incarnation, Sacred Mystery,

God in three persons, Dual nature, incarnate, reincarnate, first person of the trinity, second person of the trinity,

third person of the trinity, multipersonal, TRI-UNITY , ABSOLUTE DEITY, God -man- and so many more! Not even IMPLIED in the Bible!

And the JW's, New World Translation's, little additions and subtractions, like we find in John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was [a] God", were never written in the text to begin with, and they are certainly not "implied" :confused: Just to be clear about John 1:1, here's how it 'is' written:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
was
God" ~John 1:1

In Christ,

David

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Most Republicans and Democrats Support Major Abortion Restrictions, Poll Finds

A majority of Americans, including most Democrats, support tighter restrictions on abortion that are prohibited by Roe v. Wade and companion rulings, according to a new survey. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Support For Border Wall Jumps As More American Blame Trump For Shutdown

By Chris White - Support for a proposed border wall has increased since January 2018, even as more Americans are blaming President Donald Trump for the partial shutdown, according to a Washington Post poll published Sunday. Trump’s wall is winning adherents as support has increased over the past year. Nearly 42 percent of subjects say they support a wall, which is up from 34 percent currently last year. Slightly more than half of Americans (54 percent) oppose the idea, down from a high of 63 percent in 2018. The debate is a partisan one, the poll shows. Nearly 27 percent of the 54 percent of people who oppose the wall say Democrats should continue to resist Trump’s demands for $5.4 billion for the barrier, while another 23 percent believe Democratic lawmakers should compromise. Democrats appear more willing to compromise. Slightly more than 42 percent of Democrats who oppose the wall say lawmakers should resist, while 37 percent say they should be more conciliatory. About 58 percent Republicans support the wall and say Trump should demand funding, compared with 22 percent who say he should cave on the barrier. Trump should refrain from championing the new level of support, however, as the poll notes areas of concern for the president. For instance, more than half of Americans (53 percent) say Trump and the Republicans are at fault for the government shutdown, and 29 percent blame the Democrats in Congress. The president told Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer that the shutdown could last nearly a year. The WaPo-ABC poll was conducted Jan. 8-11 among a random sample of 788 Americans – the results had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Support For Border Wall Jumps As More American Blame Trump For Shutdown is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• 3 Precious Words for This Troubled Soul

It has been happening most mornings recently. I’ll wake up feeling crushed and exhausted. Condemnation. I’m doing everything wrong. And everyone knows it. It feels like when I wake, the whole human race rolls its eyes and sighs, Oh. It’s this guy. I don’t know why this happens, just that it does, and that it feels utterly real. And if this is what others think (and why wouldn’t they?), then what must God think? After all, they only see the outside of my life; he sees the inside. There’s no excuse for someone like me. So this is what I’m banking on: “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 8:1). Whatever condemnation there might be from others (and in my better moments I know the human race doesn’t spend its time consumed with my daily failings), this verse says in three words what I need to hear every day: Now no condemnation. Three simple words. Can I dare to believe them? Condemnation To condemn someone is to expose them because of what they have done. This is what we all deserve. It’s what I deserve. What have I done with the life God has given me? I have squandered opportunities on an hourly basis to love him and to love others. How can we even quantify this loss? I should feel crushed by the weight of it all. People who think they have their lives together baffle me. I’ve been around human beings long enough to know what we’re really like. No Condemnation So here it is, in black-and-white letters on the page of Holy Scripture. Somehow it’s possible to go from deserved condemnation to no condemnation. Such a category exists. But if it in any way depends on me, I can’t do it. So Paul sets me straight: “There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” This is not our normal way of speaking about Christians, but it is the New Testament’s. Far and away the most common description of us is those who are “in Christ.” Open any New Testament letter at random and you’ll see this phrase multiple times on the page. Being “in Christ” means we’re united to him, such that what is true of him is now also true of us. What is naturally his is now shared with me. It’s like a marriage, where the estate of the one becomes the estate of the other. Christ absorbs my debt; I gain his righteousness. He faced condemnation in his death so I could enjoy the future prospects he naturally deserves. I can’t say, “There is now no condemnation for Sam Allberry.” But I can (and must) say, “There is now no condemnation for Sam Allberry who is in Christ Jesus.” That status is mine only because I am his. “No condemnation” means God will never count my sin against me. Even the most shameful things I’ve done will never be used against me. His disposition will forever be one of favor. He will always be for me, never against me. Now No Condemnation Paul isn’t just talking about some hypothetical future prospect; it’s a present-day reality. It’s not something I have to wait for, hanging in there until it arrives. This reality is now. I was recently at a large banquet where each table was summoned in turn to go to the buffet. As always with these things, the process took far longer than expected, and everyone else’s table seemed to go up long before ours. But eventually one of the staff came up to us with that glorious word, “Now you may go and be served.” It’s even more glorious to know that now there is no condemnation for me. What Jesus has done applies this moment of this day. It applies when I wake up tomorrow. However I feel, I will be waking up to the undiluted favor of God. I need to bury that truth in my deepest core, allowing it to seep into the innermost parts of my heart. It needs to define how I see myself. I need not fear the disapprobation of man when I have the guaranteed approval of God. Related: When You Feel Like a (Christian) Imposter (Sam Allberry) View the full article

• President Trump Implores Americans to Support the Border Wall, Congressional Democrats Call Him a Fearmonger

President Trump spoke directly to the American people about the threat of illegal immigration last night in an address from the oval office. View the full article

• Americans Support Trump’s Calls To Bring Troops Home From Afghanistan And Syria: Poll

By Grace Carr - A majority of Americans support President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops fighting in Syria and Afghanistan, according to a Tuesday Politico poll. Twenty-five percent of Americans strongly support the decision to bring home troops from Afghanistan and Syria, and 31 percent somewhat support the decision, according to the poll. Only 11 percent strongly oppose the decision to bring home U.S. troops, and 16 percent somewhat oppose the decision. Just under 20 percent aren’t sure what Trump should do. The president has sought to bring home troops from Syria since April. Trump announced in December that he would bring home 2,000 troops in Syria and roughly 7,000 of the 14,000 American soldiers in Afghanistan, according to The Atlantic. “After many years they are coming home,” Trump tweeted on Dec. 23. The poll results are based on responses from 1,989 registered voters who were surveyed between Jan. 4 and 6. Politico’s poll also reveals that 47 percent of Americans blame Trump for the government shut down, while 33 percent blame Democrats in Congress. Forty-six percent of Americans also have a “totally unfavorable” view of Democrats in Congress, according to the poll. A majority of Americans believe passing an immigration reform bill is an important priority, but the country is split on whether to erect a border wall, the poll reveals. Thirty percent of the country strongly supports a border wall along the border of Mexico, while 37 percent strongly oppose the wall, according to Politico. Trump addressed the nation Tuesday night, speaking on the importance of immigration reform and revealing his plan to build a steel barrier along the southern border. He also addressed concerns regarding the safety of migrant children and humanitarian aid. The president will travel to the U.S.-Mexico border to “meet with those on the front lines of the national security and humanitarian crisis,” according to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders. Tuesday night’s address was Trump’s first prime-time Oval Office address. Only 37 percent of Americans think the country is headed in the right direction, according to the poll. Sixty-three percent say it’s headed in the wrong direction. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Americans Support Trump’s Calls To Bring Troops Home From Afghanistan And Syria: Poll is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.