The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
LeapOfFaith89

Brett: Independence Day

It's very true and the thing is people do see through all of this. I am British (English) and yes the leave people did understand why they voted, it was the remain people who didn't really understand.

Unlike the US Constitution though, the EU had broadened its powers without permission, and the EEC, back then was nothing like the EU it is now. People are very hopeful and now that there is a stable government in place things can get done. There won't be another referendum and the media should stop reporting this. I feel it's the younger journalists and left winged ones who are wasting their breath on this.

It is possible other countries will reconsider their EU relationship, but the UK will be fine in time.

• Like 2

The people in the UK should be proud of the vote that they cast for freedom and self-determination from the ever-growing autocracy of the EU. Yes, there may be some short-term pain but as what is seen in Nice, Paris and Istanbul, having the ability to decide who will be allowed to enter the country and gain citizenship is critical in these violent times. The UK will also have the ability to negotiate good trade deals for themselves and, particularly if Trump wins given his Scottish heritage, may even prosper more through advantageous deals will the US, Canada, Australia and other former countries in the Anglosphere.

• Like 1

If I lived in the United Kingdom, I would have voted to exit the European Union. I have seen people being shamed for how they have voted, and people being shamed for wanting to keep the refugees to a minimum. The situation is so volatile and all of Europe will be turned over to Sharia Law in the next couple generations. Why is it so politically incorrect to not want this?

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Judiciary Committee Democrat Floats Perjury Probe Of Justice Brett Kavanaugh

By Kevin Daley - Democratic U.S. Rep. Joe Neguse of Colorado, a freshman member of the House Judiciary Committee, told constituents that the panel will likely investigate Justice Brett Kavanaugh for perjury. “There’s no question [Kavanaugh] committed perjury during the confirmation hearings and so forth,” Neguse said when asked if the justice might be impeached. “I think the Judiciary Committee is likely to take that up.” A conservative opposition research group obtained and disseminated video of Neguse’s comments. The congressman was not specific as to which of Kavanaugh’s statements might rise to the level of perjury. Democrats have put forward various theories as to how Kavanaugh misled the Senate Judiciary Committee during his confirmation hearings: one theory, which NBC News advanced, held that he lied concerning when he first learned about the allegations of Deborah Ramirez, a Yale classmate who accused Kavanaugh of drunkenly exposing himself to her at a party. In response to questions from lawmakers during his second confirmation hearing, Kavanaugh said he first learned of Ramirez’s claims from the New Yorker, the venue in which her story appeared. NBC subsequently recovered text messages revealing that the justice and his allies were discussing Ramirez’s allegations before the story’s publication, prompting charges of perjury. However, Kavanaugh told Senate investigators before the hearing that he learned Ramirez was searching for witnesses to corroborate her story well in advance the New Yorker story’s publication, thereby belying the perjury charges. The NBC report was stealth edited, and a correction was never issued. Other theories suppose that the justice lied about the contents of his high school yearbook or hid his complicity with a White House staffer who stole strategy memos from Senate Democrats during his service in the George W. Bush administration. Neither of those propositions has been substantiated. Requests for comment from the congressman’s office went unanswered. Kavanaugh has kept a low profile since joining the high court in October 2018. Though the justices often teach in law schools or speak to various professional groups when the Court is not hearing cases, Kavanaugh’s schedule of public engagements appears rather thin. Similarly, his maneuvers on the Court reflect a sense of caution: he joined Chief Justice John Roberts and the liberal bloc to keep the Court out of controversies relating to abortion and the census, while his style at oral argument is deferential and inconspicuous. Democratic U.S. Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York, the new chair of the Judiciary Committee, was overheard discussing a prospective Kavanaugh impeachment at some length on board the Acela train to Washington, D.C. just days after the midterm elections. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Judiciary Committee Democrat Floats Perjury Probe Of Justice Brett Kavanaugh is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• 'This day will go into history as a sacred day': Ukraine Orthodox Church Breaks Away from Putin and Russia to Achieve 'Spiritual Independence'

A new church, independent of the Russian Orthodox Church, is being created in the Ukraine. According to CBN, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said the church would not be under Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s control or under the control of the Russian Orthodox Church. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Judicial Misconduct Council Dismisses Complaints Against Brett Kavanaugh

By Kevin Daley - A judicial conduct council has dismissed dozens of complaints lodged against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh alleging that he lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee during his confirmation hearings. A 10-page decision released Tuesday concluded that Kavanaugh’s purported misdeeds can no longer be investigated by a judicial panel due to his confirmation to the Supreme Court. [READ the decision] Dozens of misconduct complaints were submitted to Kavanaugh’s old court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, after Democratic lawmakers and liberal activists accused him of lying to the Judiciary Committee about his connection to particular policies or episodes of interest during his service in the George W. Bush administration. Such complaints are typically handled by the chief judge of the relevant court, in this case Judge Merrick Garland, but Garland recused himself from the matter. Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson disposed of the complaints by referring them to Chief Justice John Roberts. In turn, Roberts forwarded them to the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for further proceedings. Judge Timothy Tymkovich chaired the investigatory panel. Some observers criticized that move, as Kavanaugh worked on judicial nominations in the White House counsel’s office when Tymkovich was elevated to the federal bench. As was widely expected, the panel concluded Tuesday it had no power to pursue the allegations since Kavanaugh, as a Supreme Court justice, is no longer subject to the Judicial Conduct and Disability Act. “The allegations contained in the complaints are serious, but the Judicial Council is obligated to adhere to the Act,” Tuesday’s order reads. “Lacking statutory authority to do anything more, the complaints must be dismissed because an intervening event — Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court — has made the complaints no longer appropriate for consideration under the Act.” Gabe Roth of Fix the Court, a nonpartisan watchdog which lobbies for greater transparency in the federal courts, said Tuesday’s decision shows that judicial conduct rules are antiquated and in need or reform. “The Tenth Circuit Judicial Council may have reached the conclusion required by law, but it is wholly unsatisfactory to anyone looking for moral leadership from our nation’s top jurists,” Roth said. “Today’s decision underscores the need for the Supreme Court to adopt its own code of conduct or for Congress to write one if the justices cannot be bothered, and it demonstrates that the judicial misconduct rubric passed four decades ago needs a serious rewrite,” he added. A copy of the order will be forwarded to congressional committees. The incoming chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, U.S. Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York, has suggested that the Democratic Congress will investigate Kavanaugh for wrongdoing. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Judicial Misconduct Council Dismisses Complaints Against Brett Kavanaugh is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Blindsided! NFL Legend Brett Favre Tricked into recording Anti-Semitic Video

By American Media Institute - As one of the NFL’s all time great quarterbacks, Brett Favre knows a thing or two about trick plays. However, the retired NFL star Brett Favre was somehow tricked into recording a video for two hate groups which contained veiled anti-Semitic messages. The former quarterback said he was “sickened” to learn that two groups who paid him $500 to record a message – the Handsome Truth and the Goyim Defense League (GDL) – are white supremacists. The brief message, which sounded harmless, was, in fact, filled with anti-Semitic references. Reading from a script provided by the hate groups, Favre said: “Brett Favre here with a shoutout to the Handsome Truth and the GDL boys,” Favre says in the shaky video. “You guys are patriots in my eyes. So keep waking them up and don’t let the small get you down. Keep fighting, too, and don’t ever forget the USS Liberty and the men and women who died on that day. God bless and take care.” “Small” is an anti-Semitic reference to yarmulkes. Favre wasn’t the only celebrity tricked into recording a video message Comedian Andy Dick and rapper Soulja Boy also recorded videos praising the same anti-Semitic groups. The three celebrities were ticked via the social media application Cameo in which fans can pay celebrities a set amount to record special messages for them. “Brett Favre is rightly outraged that he was duped by extremist groups into inferring he is sympathetic to their agenda,” said Joe Meadors “president of the USS Liberty Veterans Association His outrage pales when compared with the outrage we feel knowing that our blood and the blood of our fallen shipmates is available to be used by such groups.” The USS Liberty was a Navy vessel involved in a friendly fire incident with Israeli forces in 1967. In a Facebook post, Favre explained the motivation behind the video: “On November 22, I received a request to record a shout-out supporting what appeared to be a U.S. veterans organization for Cameo, a company that enables consumers to book personalized video greetings from celebrities. I had previously fulfilled more than 50 of these requests without incident. Since I match service dogs with military veterans who have PTSD, I assumed that the request stemmed from my interest in veterans affairs and recorded the message. “A few days later, I was distressed to learn that the request came from an anti-Semitic group that reposted my video with comments implying that I endorsed their mission. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am therefore donating my $500 Cameo fee to Charities supporting their fight against hate and bigotry. “Like most Americans, I am sickened by what these groups stand for and concerned about their role in fueling today’s negative political climate. The Cameo request from this organization is a prime example of how these groups are misusing social media to promote their agenda. I thought I was creating a message to support the brave men and women of our military forces. Had I understood the source of the request, I never would have fulfilled it. All of us – myself included – need to be vigilant to protect this country from these dangers.” Favre announced he would be donating the $500 he earned or the message  to groups that combat racism and hate speech. Favre whose career included two Super Bowl appearances with the Green Bay Packers (and briefer stints with the New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons, and Minnesota Vikings) was the first NFL player to earn $100 million dollars during his career. The Hall of Famer is now a spokesman for Wrangler Jeans. Ironically, if Favre’s motivation was to earn money the appearance may have a negative impact on his future earnings. “When these things happen there usually has a negative impact, there is less interest in a stars memorabilia,” said LCGS Signatures, a sports memorabilia verification service in Newport Beach, CA Favre seemed confident that the public would understand he was duped.  After apologizing on twitter in a Tweet the next day he announced he would be deer hunting. “Off to hunt with the boys, deer beware” Source: American Media Institute Blindsided! NFL Legend Brett Favre Tricked into recording Anti-Semitic Video is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

• Brett Kavanaugh Keeping Low Profile In First Months As Justice

By DCNF - Justice Brett Kavanaugh seems to be keeping a low profile in his first months on the U.S. Supreme Court, after his bitter confirmation inflamed much of the public and recast the 2018 elections. Brett Kavanaugh Keeping Low Profile In First Months As Justice is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.