The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Nahum

Weight Training?

I am curious if others engage in weight training. Some years back I got involved with a gym where I life weights in a circuit, as well as some side workout, and have found it is a real benefit in building muscle and keep the pounds off. I've read in some places it can be hard on the joints, but I haven't really noticed anything of the sort.

Anyway, I am just wondering. If so, what kind of workouts do you enjoy? Any that didn't work? Thanks. :)

yes, I used to do weight training back in the day and still do,but I remember my favorite was running or hiking and even jumping with ankle weights,and I would like to start doing that again. It really gets the blood flowing to the heart,but another exercise with weights is kind of a aerobic with very light weights-like 5 pound dumbells,which I do on a regular basis,mostly I do this exercise these days and its good for your bone density as well.

I try to have a mix of exercise activities when I workout. I do a bit of weight training but it's not a very intense motion. Otherwise, I do push ups, jogging, stretching, skipping, and stair climbing. I don't put a lot of emphasis on weights. I may just maintain enough of that activity to keep my muscles in tune.

I am still in a process of convincing myself to join a gym. I have a hard time doing that because I know that if I just go and start, I'll do it for about a week or maybe two, and then quit. I don't want to do that so I want to be sure that I won't quit when I start it. I am going to join a gym in 2-3 months though. No more postponing. :D I do go for a swim sometimes and ride my bike very often, that counts for some exercise right? I love riding a bike it is my favorite exercise.

I use to enjoy the workout every day for 25 minutes and I think it is healthy for us. I think it is the best of age reversal and it is a positive activity. It keeps you away from drugs and other bad habits as no one would like to waste his health on negative activities. I never faced problems with my joints or bones due to workout.

Well, cardio is the best workout. Cardio not only helps in Weight loss, but also Stronger heart and lungs, increased bone density, reduced stress, better sleep. When you exercise, you become a role model for all the people in your life. But only workout is not enough if your aiming for weight loss, switch to healthy diet habit like having fruits, veggies, nuts also one can add natural and healthy weight loss supplement to enhance body stamina, metabolism and providing proper nutrients to increase strength to workout.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Equipping Women through TGC’s Women’s Training Network

Our God is working. By grace, he invites his people to join him in the work, gifting and equipping us to serve those around us. This beautiful task of building the church and making disciples has been given to us all. Excited by the work God is doing in and through his people, the goal of the Women’s Training Network (WTN)—a new initiative from TGC—is to come alongside the local church to further equip women both for individual growth and to serve the various ministries to which each has been called. Some women are called to facilitate Bible studies in the local church; others will write Bible studies. Many will share the gospel with co-workers and neighbors; others might exposit the book of John to her women’s group. Many will disciple other women, and others will be further equipped to instruct children. There are a variety of ways God gifts and calls us to serve, all informed by his Word. Thus, the mission of WTN is to encourage and train women to use the Scriptures well. To do this, WTN will launch five events in the U.S. in 2019. These events, called Two-Day Intensives, offer multiple tracks of curriculum, inviting you to choose the track that best fits your need. Together over the two days, we pray the interactive teaching in the workshops will practically train women, and the plenary sessions will offer encouragement to their hearts. They’ll hear the WTN values repeated as the heartbeat of the work: we labor to be grounded in the Scriptures and centered on the gospel as we equip women to serve, all for the glory of Christ. So if you’re looking to grow in the ways you disciple women, we have workshops on discipleship. If you teach the Bible and want to think more deeply about the structures of biblical poetry or tracing biblical themes, we have workshops just for you. If you want to be able to better articulate what the Scriptures say about suffering, justice, or the gospel, we have workshops we can’t wait to share with you. And if you want to grow in your understanding of how to read, study, interpret, apply, and explain the Scriptures, then know that everything we teach is grounded in the Word of God. We hope you’ll join us! These are the 2019 events: Charlotte, North Carolina, February 1–2, Christ Covenant Church Portland, Oregon, April 12–13, NW Gospel Church Austin, Texas, June 28–29, Austin Stone Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, September 27–28, Covenant Fellowship Sacramento, California, November 1–2, LifePointe Christian Church For more information, and to see which workshop tracks are offered at each location, visit TGC.org/WTN. Related: Introducing The Gospel Coalition’s Women’s Training Network (Don Carson) View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Introducing The Gospel Coalition’s Women’s Training Network

The Gospel Coalition is delighted to introduce Women’s Training Network (WTN). TGC is dedicated to strengthening the church by training a network of women who are steeped in the Word of God. WTN is an initiative aimed at training women to use the Scriptures well, equipping them to faithfully read, interpret, apply, and teach the Word as they serve in every sphere of life to which they have been called: their churches, homes, workplaces, neighborhoods, and communities. You may have seen the work WTN is doing in collaboration with Coalición por el Evangelio, already planning events for women throughout Latin America. WTN will begin in the U.S. in 2019 with five regional training events, called Two-Day Intensives. WTN will partner with a local church or seminary to offer these events, and they’re open to any woman desiring to be further equipped. Different tracks will be offered to accommodate women with various levels of experience and knowledge. Our Women’s Training Network page is newly live if you want to find out more information about the events. Taylor Turkington serves as director of Women’s Training Network. She holds an MA from Western Seminary, where she has also just completed her Doctor of Ministry degree. Taylor, her husband, and their daughter live in Portland, Oregon. She greatly enjoys the privilege of teaching and training women to use the Scriptures. Joining her are Courtney Doctor and Ann Westrate, serving as the coordinators for WTN. Please join us in praying that God will bless these efforts so they will bear much fruit both in and through the lives of women all across the globe—and, as he does, that the church would be strengthened, the kingdom would grow, and the name of Christ would be proclaimed. Related: Equipping Women through TGC’s Women’s Training Network (Taylor Turkington) View the full article

• Niger ambush prompts training changes for special operations in Africa

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said the military will modify how special operations forces are prepared for missions in Africa because of a deadly ambush by extremists last year in Niger that revealed a lack of training for troops heading into hot spots. “On the Niger situation, we are making changes on the personnel assignment policy,” Mattis told Pentagon reporters on Tuesday. “As you know, one of the things we uncovered was some of those troops did not train together, what we thought was for a sufficiently long — long enough time.” Mattis, who is reviewing changes recommended by U.S. Africa Command, said some new requirements have already been put into place. An AFRICOM investigation of the October ambush, which killed four U.S. soldiers and brought intense scrutiny to a previously obscure American counterterrorism campaign, determined that the members of the Green Beret and Nigerien team known as Team Ouallam had little experience together as a unit. Download our FREE Mobile App - The Highest Rated Military News App in the World! “The investigation found that there were areas where training was insufficient, including pre-deployment collective training for Team Ouallam due to high turnover and the assignment of new members,” Maj. Karl Weist, an AFRICOM spokesman, said Wednesday in a statement. Mattis directed AFRICOM, U.S. Special Operations Command, the Army and the Pentagon’s personnel and readiness office to develop plans to fix the various shortcomings. Those recommendations were recently submitted to Mattis’ office for consideration. AFRICOM said it will release more details once Mattis’ review is finished. While the investigation into the ambush highlighted errors in training and planning, lower-level officers were singled out for missteps rather than senior AFRICOM and SOCOM leaders. Mattis said there would be no pause in counterterrorism efforts. “As far as … our continued operations there, we continue in support of the French-led trans-Sahel effort down there. And in building … our partner nations’ capacity to fight this enemy.” On Sunday, France launched an attack in Mali against members of the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara, a group that was blamed for the attack against U.S. and Nigerien troops last year. The French military said Mohamed Ag Almouner, the leader of the group, was killed in the strike near Mali’s border with Niger. ——— © 2018 the Stars and Stripes Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC. View the full article

in Military

• Planting Pastors in the New America: A Case for Civic Advocacy Training

In today’s urban ministry climate, people are not content to settle for “lip service” anymore. If you’ve been anywhere near the pulse of the evangelical church in America in the last few years, you know that there has been a push to plant more churches. You may also be aware that there are organizations and networks that have been started to discover, develop, and deploy church planters, increasingly in cities and urban centers. Increasing urbanization and multiethnic diversity have made planting churches in major cities a pressing necessity. Subsequently, we’ve seen an increase in church planter conferences, seminars, and trainings that address, at some level, the many skills planters need to be successful, especially those seeking to plant in urban areas. So What’s the Problem? The problem is that we are not necessarily in rural Kansas anymore. Planting a church and pastoring in urban centers have changed because America has changed. In today’s urban ministry climate, people are not content to settle for “lip service” anymore. Too many times, they exhibit no real evidence of genuine concern for sustainable change in the community. The reality is that we are living in a time when a church’s work and presence outside the walls matter to people just as much as the worship services. And let me be clear: I’m talking about more than a backpack drive or the monthly soup kitchen outreach. While these things are good, they just won’t ... Continue reading... View the full article

• Planting Pastors in the New America: A Case for Civic Advocacy Training

In today’s urban ministry climate, people are not content to settle for “lip service” anymore. If you’ve been anywhere near the pulse of the evangelical church in America in the last few years, you know that there has been a push to plant more churches. You may also be aware that there are organizations and networks that have been started to discover, develop, and deploy church planters, increasingly in cities and urban centers. Increasing urbanization and multiethnic diversity have made planting churches in major cities a pressing necessity. Subsequently, we’ve seen an increase in church planter conferences, seminars, and trainings that address, at some level, the many skills planters need to be successful, especially those seeking to plant in urban areas. So What’s the Problem? The problem is that we are not necessarily in rural Kansas anymore. Planting a church and pastoring in urban centers have changed because America has changed. In today’s urban ministry climate, people are not content to settle for “lip service” anymore. Too many times, they exhibit no real evidence of genuine concern for sustainable change in the community. The reality is that we are living in a time when a church’s work and presence outside the walls matter to people just as much as the worship services. And let me be clear: I’m talking about more than a backpack drive or the monthly soup kitchen outreach. While these things are good, they just won’t lead to a church ... Continue reading... View the full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.