The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Origen

Brussels Airport At least 31 killed

Staff

As many as 31 people were killed and more than 180 injured as coordinated terrorist bombings rocked the Brussels airport and subway system during rush hour Tuesday morning in the Belgian capital.

Read more

Staff
As many as 31 people were killed and more than 180 injured as coordinated terrorist bombings rocked the Brussels airport and subway system during rush hour Tuesday morning in the Belgian capital.

Read more

I receive through Conservative news publications this kind of thing happening a few times a week. My stream is full of bombings, beheading, other means of torture, rape etc. It really bothers me how most Liberal news publications do not post these things when they are reporting World News.

My prayers extend to the victims in Brussels.

God bless,

William

Staff

[tweet]712239445559394304[/tweet]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n12422[/ATTACH]

obamnero.jpg.1a4433b233c6aa77c4d1058fae0b5439.jpg

Staff

Our Glorious Leader

I think Obama's pretty much checked out at this point. He seems very indifferent.

Heck, he probably just has "advisors" take care of the day-to-day tasks of the presidency while he wears his fancy suits and naps.

• Like 1

This is an old thread but I just want to add the news item about the identified suicide bomber in Brussels. We were vacationing in Bangkok when the killing happened and it was really a horrible sight to see the coverage of CNN. When we left the hotel to roam the city, I was looking at all the people in the streets as if I was searching for Muslims. Pardon me but I felt paranoid that's why my husband even scolded me - why think of Brussels when we are in Bangkok on a holiday. I am hoping that the authorities will find a way to prevent those carnages from happening again. Those suicide bombers are surely scary because they are willing to die for their religion in the belief that they instantly go to heaven when they die.

As far as I know, Obama is United States of America president, and not the World President. I really do not understand why complain about his agenda in this case, and, for sure he is so concerned with the victims in Brussels as we are.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Fact Check: ‘More Americans Will Die From Drugs This Year Than Were Killed In The Entire Vietnam War’

By Emily Larsen - “More Americans will die from drugs this year than were killed in the entire Vietnam War,” President Donald Trump said in his address to the nation on border security Tuesday night. Verdict: True Recent trends in overdose deaths suggest that more people in the U.S. will die from overdoses this year than Americans killed in the Vietnam War. Around 58,000 service members died in the war, while there were about 70,000 overdose deaths in 2017. Fact Check: Trump cited drug deaths while highlighting problems caused by drugs coming across the southern border. “Our southern border is a pipeline for vast quantities of illegal drugs, including meth, heroin, cocaine and fentanyl,” he said. The National Archives count 58,220 U.S. military personnel who died in the Vietnam War, according to records gathered in 2008. Another 1,592 were unaccounted for as of October 2018. The Vietnam War memorial wall listed 58,318 names in May 2017, including 16 clergy members and 120 individuals who listed foreign countries as their home. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data on overdose deaths show that more people in the U.S. died annually from drug overdoses in the last few years than during the entire Vietnam War. There were a record 70,237 overdose deaths in 2017, the most recent year for which official statistics are available. About 68 percent of those deaths involved opioids. In 2016, 63,632 died from drug overdoses, while there were 52,404 overdose deaths in 2015 and 47,055 in 2014. If the number of overdose deaths persist, more people in the U.S. will die from overdose deaths this year than Americans who died in the Vietnam War. More people have died from drug overdoses in recent years than people who died in peak years for car crash deaths in 1972, HIV deaths in 1995 and gun deaths in 1993, according to The New York Times. Provisional CDC data suggests that there might be a slight downturn in the number of overdose deaths, but the most recent one-year figures still surpassed Vietnam War fatalities. It predicted 70,580 overdose deaths for the 12-month period ending in May 2018, but had 67,616 reported deaths reported for that period. “The seemingly relentless trend of rising overdose deaths seems to be finally bending in the right direction,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said of the preliminary data at a health care conference in October, Politico reported. “We are so far from the end of the epidemic, but we are perhaps at the end of the beginning.” Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Fact Check: ‘More Americans Will Die From Drugs This Year Than Were Killed In The Entire Vietnam War’ is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• 5 Children Killed in Fiery Church Van Crash While Heading to Disney World

Tragedy struck a Louisiana town this weekend when several vehicles struck a Louisiana church van headed to Disney World, killing 5 of its passengers, all of whom were children. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• 'Thank God That Wall Wasn't There': House Democrat Says Border Wall Would Have Killed Baby Jesus

Democratic Congressman Luis Gutierrez stormed out of a House Judiciary Committee meeting Thursday after he called the Secretary of Homeland Security a liar. View the full article

• 27 Year Old Missionary Killed in Tragic Car Accident Leaves Behind a Legacy of Unwavering Faith

A young missionary killed in a tragic car accident Sunday morning left behind a powerful message of faith. View the full article

• Widow of Missionary Killed in Cameroon Forgives Her Husband's Killer

The widow of a missionary who was killed last month says she forgives the man who shot her husband. View the full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.