The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Paul1

I Don't Know Who I'm Married To!

I have been married for almost 11 years and have 3 kids. Throughout my marriage I have found out several times that my wife has either not told me the whole truth or has lied, especially about her past. For the last 1.5 years I have discovered that it is a bigger problem then I thought. She is a chronic liar and lies about anything and everything whether there is a benefit from it or not. There has even been times when the lies are about me. For example like the time I moved out and left her and the kids and she did not know how she was going to tell the kids that their dad moved out. She had all her friends praying for her and stuff and meanwhile, I am right at home and never moved out. The lies also involve stories that she makes up about the kids of moments when she is proud of them. There was even a time when she made up a story to a friend of hers about being in the hospital and had people from her online Bible study praying for her. Throughout our marriage she has made her parents and siblings out to be horrible people which she never told me about until after we were married. However, I am starting to see the bigger picture and believe that her parents are not horrible people and that the stories of abuse and everything growing up are all lies. I know nothing about my wife's childhood since I cannot believe anything she says or has said about her life. I cannot trust her nor will I ever trust her again due to knowing that she will always lie. I am a Christian and am really struggling because I all I can think about is getting a divorce. I have been contemplating getting a divorce everyday for the last 1.5 years. I do not believe in divorce and take my vowels seriously; however, I can never trust her. I believe marriage needs to be built on trust. The only reason why I have stayed this long is for my kids; especially since they are really young. I just needed to say this since I have no one who understands where I am coming from.

I'm sorry you are going through this. :( I'm engaged, and I would be very hurt to find out that my fiance is not who I thought he was. I've dated in the past, what I would consider a narcissist, someone who lies a lot, and is pathological in it. It sounds like this could be your wife. People who lie like this, they don't self reflect, so they are reluctant to change their ways, for they see the problem existing outside of themselves. I'm not advocating divorce, but not sure how much longer you can go on living with someone who isn't ever truthful. Praying for you, I hope that you find peace, if nothing else.

It sounds like the wife needs counseling and is otherwise desperate for attention.

Ignore her lies and don't place much weight on anything she says. Don't call her a liar, as that will accomplish nothing. If you can't get her into counseling, just let her work things out on her own.

The word narcissist came to my mind too. Wow, that would be very hard to deal with. Have you confronted her with her lies? Does she react apologetically or aggressively? Does she defend her lies or admit to being caught?

Just my opinion, but when you are raising young children, everything seems to change between you and your spouse. There are other personalities and lives in the mix, and suddenly it is not just about the two of you relating, but the family relating as a team. When one person is really straightforward, logical, and emotionally controlled, it can be harder to suddenly see another person's weaknesses in comparison to what the other wants to teach and model to their children.

I haven't passed through the young child phase so I'm not sure yet how it all works out. But I have a feeling the relationship dynamics will change once again after the children get older. I would give it time, many people get divorced right when they have young kids and start seeing their spouse differently. I would wait. Realize that life changes, nothing stays the same. Views change. See it as a journey you are both on together, and you are currently at a rough patch. See what you can do to visualize how you would get past this rough patch together, and what it would ideally be like on the other side. Then see if you can implement whatever that would be.

I hope it isn't more of a sociopathical thing. It gets to the point that there is no trust, and then you wonder why you are even married. Question: why did you get married in the first place? Hotness or good sex before marriage (oops)? That is rhetorical for yourself. There must have been a sign or two that she had issues. If there was and you still jumped in, you owe it to GOD to try everything you can. I believe i did. We got along when we were going to church together, but it went downhill after she stopped going. Exhaust every possible avenue before contemplating divorce, like separation, but please do all you can before such a move. If there is forgiveness in your situation, there is great hope. I know you want the near perfect marriage, and GOD can heal it if it so warrants. That means effort. I contemplated for 15 years. Yours is one tenth that. I know you can't ignore the b.s., nor will she work things out on her own. Its gonna take patience, prayer, fasting, love, and forgiveness. And GOD.

Can you get her some form of counselling? It is not healthy for a child to grow up with a parent who lies compulsively like this, and you don't know what she may be telling the children about you. It does sound very much like a mental issue, since the lies she is telling are ones that can be disproved so very easily. If you can document it, with third party witnesses who can confirm she said it and proof that it was a lie, please get her to a counsellor or doctor.

She may be lying deliberately just for attention, but there are certain conditions that can cause this that come up in adult life and it is as well to make sure she isn't suffering from one before taking further action.

• Like 2

I am really sorry that you are going through this situation. It must be the very depressed situation. I can pray for you that God bless you with happiness. I have many women like this. They only need attention and they create problems in their life too. It is better that you take her to some psychiatrist to get her some therapy. This seems to be a medical condition with her mind.

Can you get her some form of counselling? It is not healthy for a child to grow up with a parent who lies compulsively like this, and you don't know what she may be telling the children about you. It does sound very much like a mental issue, since the lies she is telling are ones that can be disproved so very easily. If you can document it, with third party witnesses who can confirm she said it and proof that it was a lie, please get her to a counsellor or doctor.

I totally agree. It's bad enough that @Paul1 is going through this. Imagine how a kid will cope (or try to) with this. I'm guessing yours are very young, since you've been married for 11 years. This can cause severe trauma and mental illness in their adult years. You all need help and counselling asap. She as a liar and you and your kids on how to cope with her and help her.

Thank you everyone for your advice and opinions. I know it's been a while since I posted this. Pretty much nothing has changed on the matter since I posted. She has seen a counselor on and off. Recently the lies have escalated almost to the point of being about abuse. About 3 weeks ago my wife was standing next to one of my boys while he was on the floor. He stepped up really quick and accidently head butted her right between the eyes. She ended up having bruises right between her eyes. The incident occurred while I was at work. She ended up telling some people in our church that I accidently pushed her during a fight which caused her to head butt my son. Now I don't know what to do because it puts me in a horrible situation. I can't really say anything because it would be my word against hers. Also it's hard for me to continue to go to the church with the rumors being spread.

The issue seems to be much more serious than i anticipated, i think a counselor can't much in her case, i would advise you to take her to a psychiatrist as Lucian mentioned.

Your wife seems to be a habitual lier. You need to take her to a psychiatrist.As long as she loves you, cares about you, committed to you, never think about leaving her. Your wife needs medical attention, she is sick.

Hi, Paul, I am sorry for you! The first thing you must do is to talk to her and make her admit she has a problem. It is very difficult to resolve this because you have kids and they will suffer the most. I don't think that a divorce is a right solution, your kids will suffer and may be affected in ways that you will never know. My advice is for you to wait, maybe you have the chance to make her take a psychological treatment or wait for your kids to grow up and be able to understand the situation!

I am sorry you are going through all this. Now, are you divorced? In such cases, divorce is not a solution. You need to handle such cases patiently. If you still want to go for a divorce then you can check for the lawyer who will help you out. If you need any help regarding a lawyer, you can check [MODERATION REMOVED LINK]. I pray that everything works well for you.

MODERATION: NO ADVERTISEMENTS

I am sorry you are going through all this. Now, are you divorced? In such cases, divorce is not a solution. You need to handle such cases patiently. If you still want to go for a divorce then you can check for the lawyer who will help you out. If you need any help regarding a lawyer, you can check [MODERATION REMOVED LINK]. I pray that everything works well for you.

This is a pretty old post. I haven't seen these people post. Check the date when you post for being current information. God bless and welcome to the forum.

@justme -- now that you mention it -- I looked at the dates of the original post -- about 2 yrs. ago. He was new to the forum two years ago. Wonder how the situation worked out. She definitely had a problem. A niece of mine developed some bi-polar problems after her 6th baby was born. Well -- she had married a nephew of mine. She was very intelligent but wouldn't stay on her meds. it destroyed the marriage.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• How Much Theology Should Couples Agree on Before They Get Married?

Derek Rishmawy   I'll admit, this isn't a typical question most Christian singles, or even couples, are asking. Most are still stuck on, "Wait, I'm supposed to date Christians?" That said, once you've established the importance of marrying someone who will be your partner in the faith and has the mutual goal of encouraging you in your relationship with Christ, you may start to wonder, "Well, does it really matter what kind of Christian they are? How will our theology affect the way we point each other to Christ? I mean, does it affect things if I'm a Protestant and he's a Catholic? Or what if we have different views on the end times? What about speaking in tongues? Can I date someone who 'quenches the Spirit' and thinks I worship with 'strange fire'?"   As I've thought about the issue while talking with friends, considering my own marriage, and searching through the Scriptures, I've concluded there isn't any quick, easy answer. Instead, I want to simply put forward three questions, and a couple of caveats, to help singles and couples navigate the dating and marriage decision.   Do You Agree on the Core?   This question can simply be another way of asking, "Is this person a Christian?" That said, you should definitely have some bottom-line requirements like, say, agreeing to the content of Apostle's Creed, Nicaea, Chalcedon, and so forth. Of course, the person doesn't have to be a theology expert such that he or she knows the names of these councils. But you should agree that God is triune and Christ is the God-man, that he lived, died, and rose again in history for the salvation of mankind. Also, you should make sure you both hold a fundamental commitment to the Scriptures as the final authority in these issues; that way, there's common ground for discussion and dialogue on other issues.   Beyond that, I don't think couples have to agree on every point of theology to have a solid marriage. A Calvinist and a Wesleyan (preferably of the Fred Sanders sort) could do well enough together, unless they're both super crusty about things. People with conflicting eschatologies could probably love and care for each other without an unnatural amount of friction (that is, until one of you reads the paper and decides its time to go down to the bomb shelter).   Can You Go to Church Together?   A further question to ask after the core questions is, "Can we go to church together?" Note, I don't simply mean, "Can you put up with his church?" or "Can you suck it up at hers and then podcast later?" There are going to be seasons where one of you likes your church more than the other, but the point is that worshiping and growing together in your marriage needs to happen in the church context. Going to different churches for a while during the dating process is fine, but eventually you're going to need to knit your life together in the broader church community. If you're theologically so far apart that one of you is thriving and the other is dying, that's not going to make for a healthy spiritual life and will likely lead to strife in the marriage.   Can You Raise Children Together?   The third question is one my pastor asks of couples seeking premarital counseling. Practically speaking, theology is going to play a role in the way you parent and disciple your children. For instance, right off the bat, if one of you is a credobaptist and the other is a paedobaptist, that's going to be a tough conversation when you have your first kid. My wife and I are going to have that conversation in time, because I've shifted in that area since we started dating and got married (moving from credo to paedo), but it's important for this act to not be taken unilaterally.   Theology Changes   The other thing you need to remember is that theology changes. You need to be ready. I just mentioned I've been shifting from credo- to paedobaptist over the past couple of years. That's just one of the many changes my wife and I have been navigating. The person you're dating now might have different beliefs by the time you get married. They could have shifts in theology after you're married, too. So will you. And in a lot of cases, given you're not an inspired apostle, that's a good thing. Actually, I'm convinced one of the reasons God gives you your spouse is to sharpen you, challenge you, and correct your understanding of God in light of the Word. I know I've learned from my wife and she's learned from me over the years as we've sought to submit to God's Word together.   Word to Reformed Guys   On that note, I have a special word to Reformed men—or rather, guys. A while back I wrote a joke blog on how to meet Reformed men. In the comments one fellow said he didn't mind dating a non-Reformed girl since he'd take it as a point of pride to "conquer" her theologically. Let me just say this loud and clear: This is arrogant, foolish, and must not be your attitude. Your future bride is not a notch to add on your theological belt but your sister in Christ with a mind of her own, given by her heavenly Father to be used properly, just like yours. In fact, hers might be sharper than yours. You may be a Reformed complementarian, but the command in Ephesians 5:21 says to submit to each other out of reverence for Christ, and that command isn't revoked by the next few verses, however much you think they nuance it. Yes, you are called to "wash her with the word," as Christ does the church, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean with a firehose of theological argument designed to cow her into mental acquiescence. Basically, treat her like a person.   If you keep these points in mind, prayerfully listen to input from trusted, believing brothers and sisters, and keep God as God in your heart (i.e., avoid the temptation to compromise because you're desperate), you should be fine.

in Singles

• Help! I Married a Spiritually Immature Man

You’re married, and your husband isn’t a spiritual leader—he doesn’t initiate prayer or devotions, doesn’t take the lead in bringing the family to church, doesn’t readily show concern for your spiritual wellbeing or the children’s. He doesn’t care about faith and shows no inclination to do so. As a pastor, I’ve counseled many wives in this difficult situation. These Christian women are struggling; maybe you are thinking: That’s exactly my situation now. I’ve also counseled single women who told me, That’s never going to happen to me.  No matter who you are, there is hope in Christ. Don’t Settle How do you get trapped in this kind of marriage? Picture this: Peter and Sarah meet at work. He’s hard-working, funny, well-respected in the office, and handsome. A few months ago, he took notice of Sarah. They started talking. Casual chitchat turned into long conversations. Lunches. Emailing. Texting. His fondness for her was clear, and he was direct, not vague like the other guys she dated. Here’s the kicker—she’s a Christian, he’s not. Sarah grew up in a solid Christian family and gospel-preaching church and was converted in high school. The fruit of the Spirit was evident in her. Peter never went to church and was agnostic at best. Anytime she brought up the subject of religion, he batted it down: “That’s good for you, but I’m not interested.” The longer they were together, the more emotionally attached she became, and the harder it was to let go. When her parents and closest friends expressed concern, she defended him. Though her conscience often asked, “Is this right? Should I be doing this?” it was easier to ignore her conscience and the critics than to give Peter up. Again, you might hear this story and think, That won’t ever be me. But be careful. There are dozens of reasons why smart women settle. Let’s look briefly at four. Temptations to Settle 1. Love Is Blind Because the relationship is fun, the guy is courteous and kind, and he pays attention like no one else will, a woman gets emotionally attached and lets her priorities slide. 2. Idolatry of Marriage A good and godly desire to be married takes on a weight and importance that the institution of marriage doesn’t ever deserve. It becomes an idol: I won’t be satisfied until I find a spouse, or If God loves me, he’ll give me a husband. 3. Fear Worry can contribute to making a bad choice—I’m afraid I’ll be lonely for the rest of my life, or I’m afraid I won’t ever have children. Some women live under the tyranny of anxiety. Fear of others, fear of failure, fear of discomfort or difficulty, fear of not getting what you want. It’s all there. Because the fears of this world own your heart, they also own your life. 4. Looking for the Wrong Things Rather than godliness, the allure of physical and sexual attraction becomes what matters most. Now, slow down and consider: Do any of these describe you? Even just a little bit? If so, you need to deal with the poor motivations that will drive you toward a bad situation. What’s more, if you’re not seeking Christ, not connected to a gospel-preaching church, not honest about your heart’s desires, or not willing to submit to Christ in all things, it will be easy—maybe even likely—for you to make a bad choice. Acknowledging your weakness will enable you to ask for the Spirit’s help and seek godly counsel in your relationships. I Settled—What Now? Maybe you married a spiritually immature man, and you feel stuck—and some days, hopeless. Take heart! God hasn’t left you alone. How do I know that? If he sent Christ to Calvary for you, he hasn’t forgotten you. Hold on tightly to this fact, because you’ll need it on the hardest days. Your husband’s spiritual leadership will change in proportion to him growing in faith. Maturity comes by knowing Christ, not by treating Christianity as a Sunday-only religion or something you pull out of the drawer when things are hard. Your goal as a wife, whatever your husband’s spiritual condition, is to encourage his growth in genuine faith. Help Your Husband Grow To help your husband grow, you need to speak up about your faith. Silence most of the time isn’t a good option. There are days when you should quietly let the witness of your entire life testify to who Christ is and what he’s done for you (1 Pet. 3:1–5). But there are also days when your words can provoke your husband to think seriously about his relationship with Christ. When you speak, the Spirit can use you as an instrument of grace in his life. You need a gospel-preaching church. It will be your lifeline. Teaching, prayers, songs, accountability, community—all are vital for your survival. But you also need partners to help your husband to grow as a leader. You can’t do this on your own. A gospel-rich community will have members who pursue one another for the sake of everyone’s spiritual good. When your husband comes on Sundays, other men will initiate with him. He won’t stay spiritually dormant, because it’s impossible to stay anonymous in that church. For this reason, find a church that won’t leave you alone but will engage your family and care well for your souls. Finally, if your husband won’t take a spiritual interest in you or the children, you need to take initiative for the sake of your family. If he won’t sing, pray, or open up the Bible with the children, you should, being mindful of an appropriate time and not doing it in a way that’s an affront to him. The same goes for church attendance. Don’t forsake worship if he’s not showing a consistent interest in it. Take the kids to church for their own souls’ sake. A husband who doesn’t lead is neglecting his responsibility before God, and only the Spirit can convict him of this sin. Go to the Lord. Ask for his mercy. God is gracious and powerful. He can assist you in your time of need. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Couple Married By Justice Ginsburg Accused Of Drugging, Raping Student

A man claims that a prominent homosexual couple whose wedding was officiated by Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsburg drugged and raped him in 2010. View the full article

in Political Conservative News

• 10 Things the Woman Married to Your Pastor Wants You to Know

Lucas and Mia were a natural fit for the small but growing church in Tribeca. Everyone knew them for their vibrant personalities. Lucas demonstrated leadership finesse. Mia had an exceptional ability to winsomely engage cynics and intellectuals. The couple nurtured a growing network among New York City’s business elite. Within 24 months of their arrival the church was thriving. But Lucas and Mia were not. Eight months later Lucas announced they were leaving. They vacated their apartment in five days. Why do couples like this leave the ministry? Of the many rumors that swirl around a pastor’s resignation, we don’t often consider the hardship that ministry places on the pastor’s wife and on their marriage. We easily acknowledge that the happiness of both marriage partners affects marital health. Yet we’ve been slow to correlate how the well-being of a pastor’s spouse affects the long-term vitality of the church. Women married to pastors face unique challenges. Keeping the following in mind (along with a commitment to regularly pray for her and her marriage) could affect your church more than you realize. 1. She’s Her Own Person She’s not an appendage of the pastor. She may even have differing political, social, and biblical views than her spouse. But she’s in a position where sharing those views could negatively affect her husband’s job. Allow her to be who she is. You might be surprised and delighted to discover how different she may be from what you assumed. 2. She Has a Calling It might not be what you expect, and she may still be figuring it out. Many women consider their husband’s call to a specific pastoral position as a joint calling for both of them. Others do not. And some women married to pastors are hoping someone, anyone, will tell them what their ministry should be, in hopes of not disappointing others. Confused? So are we. After years of serving in pastoral ministry, some women confess a sense of loss, of not even knowing themselves. They were too busy serving where needed. On the other hand, others may be minimally involved in church ministry with a calling focused outside the church. 3. She May Struggle Financially In one of our local Parakaleo groups, we were discussing financial hardships and laughing over the ingenious ways we’ve stretched a dollar. I asked how many had ever been on food stamps because of ministry salaries. Half the women raised their hands. I was reminded of how delicate the financial situation is for many women in ministry. 4. She Shares Her Husband with the Whole Church Depending on the size of the church and whether there are other competent staff members, pastors can be on call 24/7. Family dinners, holidays, and vacations are often interrupted by crisis situations. While some of this disruption can result from unhealthy boundaries in the pastoral home, ministry constantly involves crises. Especially in high-risk areas, the pastor is often the first person called during suicide attempts, when someone is jailed, when a church member is in an abusive relationship, when a marriage is breaking up, and so forth. Even celebratory events such as weddings, sporting events, and baptisms still take time away from the pastor’s family. Pastoral couples are honored to be involved in their congregants’ lives in this way. Just be aware that their time is limited for good reason. 5. She Is Harmed by Gossip Gossip is idle talk or rumors, especially about the personal or private affairs of others. Gossip doesn’t have to be malicious. A simple rule of thumb is to not tell other people’s stories. Let them be the purveyor of their own information. If you hear information from someone about another person, consider a kind way to stop the gossip chain: “You know, I bet Marjorie would want to tell that story herself.” If it’s malicious gossip, take a hard stand: “Regardless of how bad this situation has become, I don’t want to participate in gossip. Will you go with me back to the person speaking about this and help me stop it?” While I can laugh about it now, at times I discovered through gossip at church things about myself that even I didn’t know. 6. She’s Living with Unrealistic Expectations from Others (and Herself) Well, who isn’t? Whether it’s our moms, kids, boss, or difficult neighbors, we all experience the pressure of expectations. But consider if you were also living with the expectation of being at church every time the doors opened. What about being told how you should dress? How your children should act? What is appropriate to say or not to say? How you should spend your money? How many people you should invite to your home for dinner? You would be surprised how often women married to pastors are criticized for these things. Many women married to pastors also work full-time, participate in several church ministries, meet with couples for premarital or pastoral counseling, and attend community functions. It’s already a full life. Your pastor’s wife often needs to be reminded that the only audience that finally matters is the audience of one—her heavenly Father. 7. She Probably Finds Friendships in the Church Tricky to Navigate It’s virtually impossible for her to know if her church friendships exist because someone is drawn to her or because of her husband’s role. Many women discover, when their husband leaves a pastoral position, that people they thought were friends really weren’t. They assumed the Christmas cards, social invites, long conversations over coffee, or trips to the beach were due to friendships. It’s devastating to discover that, without his role, the friendship was never really there. The same happens in the reverse. Congregants may think they were closer friends with the pastoral couple and discover a similar scenario when the pastor and family leave. It’s painful for all involved. Rich friendships can still be enjoyed, but it requires maturity and an understanding that some topics are off limits. 8. She’s Harmed by Criticism of Her Husband Pastors have been told they don’t work hard enough, disciple enough, preach well enough, visit congregants enough, and so on. Everyone has his or her own job description of what a pastor should do. Almost no one realizes the impossibility of meeting these expectations. How many hours should a pastor work? Fifty? Eighty? There’s plenty to be done and usually no one stopping him except his wife. When he’s criticized for not doing enough, she can feel guilty for trying to help him maintain healthy boundaries. Pastors often share with their wives a disgruntled leader’s comments or what was said in a contentious meeting. But she isn’t part of the conversation when a situation is solved, often doesn’t even know if it’s resolved, and is left without a safe space to process the situation. And unlike spouses in many other professions, these are the same people with whom she worships. When you meet a pastor’s wife who seems unusually wise, is her own person, and can speak truth in kindness, you are in the presence of a woman who has come through fire. Learn all you can from her, even if it’s just through observation. 9. She Lives with Stress and Ambiguity Ambiguity is endemic to ministry. For the pastoral family, the system is not clear. All members of the family participate either directly or indirectly in the church. There is some role expectation from the congregation, which must be fulfilled by the pastor, the wife, and even the children. This level of ambiguity causes high levels of stress for pastors’ wives. Consider showing her the same compassion you would extend to someone who has recently received hard news. Why? Because this has likely been her experience on any given day. Unlike others experiencing sorrow, however, she probably is unable to share the event and its effect, or process it with others in the church. Hearing that a trusted staff member plans on resigning, that a key church leader is having an affair, that the church can’t pay its bills, that her husband’s job is in jeopardy, that her closest friend decided to no longer attend church, are the kinds of revelations women in ministry face on a regular basis. Not all women married to pastors experience all of the above. Many enjoy a wonderful, caring church community. And most of the pastors’ wives I know enjoy working in tandem with their husbands to see God’s kingdom advance in their city. Regardless of the differences, the item all women married to pastors has in common is number 10. 10. Her Righteousness Comes from Christ She, like you and me, doesn’t get her righteousness from measuring up to the standards of others, from her church attendance, from knowing Scripture, or from how much money she does or doesn’t spend on her wardrobe. If she has trusted Christ for her salvation, in God’s courtroom the verdict has been given. Her flaws, mistakes, shame, and sin were placed on Jesus Christ. He took on himself what she deserved. And what’s more, God gave her Christ’s righteousness. Pastors’ wives have been given the verdict of righteous, beloved daughters. View the full article

• Married Couple Dates Again after Accident Wipes Wife’s Memories

Even though Jeff and Angela Hartung have been together for more than 17 years, the couple is still getting to know each other. View the original full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.