Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

DeSantis Suspends Sheriff After Poor Response To Parkland Shooting

Recommended Posts

By Neetu Chandak -

Scott-Israel-250x141.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis officially suspended Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel on Friday after his poor response to the Parkland high school shooting Feb. 14, 2018.

Effective immediately, I am officially suspending Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for his repeated failures, incompetence and neglect of duty. https://t.co/tkHzxTHhjH

— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) January 11, 2019

“Effective immediately, I am officially suspending Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for his repeated failures, incompetence and neglect of duty,” DeSantis tweeted Friday.

Israel reportedly told his officers he was suspended, but DeSantis had not announced any such decision, The Daily Caller previously reported.

Calls to suspend the sheriff were immediate after the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission released a report detailing the failures that happened the day of the shooting.

Revelations included police not going after suspected gunman Nikolas Cruz in a timely manner and chaotic radio communication, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported.

Seventeen people died on the day of the massacre.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

DeSantis Suspends Sheriff After Poor Response To Parkland Shooting is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Topics

    • Twitter Suspends Suspicious Account That Helped Start The Covington Controversy

      By Joshua Gill - Twitter suspended a suspicious account Monday responsible for framing the initial media narrative around the Covington Catholic High School students’ confrontation with Nathan Phillips. The social media platform suspended the account with the username @2020fight for suspicious activity after CNN Business alerted Twitter that, while the account bio said it belonged to a California school teacher named Talia, the profile’s picture was that of a blogger from Brazil. Analytics revealed that @2020fight’s post of and caption for a minute long video of the confrontation between the Covington students and Phillips became the main version of the video shared on social media, shaping a narrative that accused the students of bigotry. “This MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March,” @2020fight’s caption for the video read. The account’s bio described the account user as “Teacher & Advocate. Fighting for 2020.” The account user tweeted an average of 130 times each day to more than 40,000 followers. The account reportedly violated Twitter’s rules, which forbid “fake and misleading accounts.” “Deliberate attempts to manipulate the public conversation on Twitter by using misleading account information is a violation of the Twitter Rules,” a Twitter spokesperson told CNN Business. Rob McDonagh, assistant editor of an online content vetting service called Storyful, noted several suspicious characteristics about @2020fight, including its “high follower count, highly polarized and yet inconsistent political messaging, the unusually high rate of tweets, and the use of someone else’s image in the profile photo.” More suspicious still was the fact that, according to information warfare researcher Molly McKew, a network of anonymous accounts was amplifying @2020fight’s post of the video across social media. The account’s video did not show what preceded the encounter between Phillips and the students, and therefore did not reveal that a black supremacist group called the Black Hebrew Israelites initially accosted the students with profanity and racial slurs before Phillips and his colleagues also approached and confronted the high school students, who tried to drown out the two other groups’ insults with school cheers. Nevertheless, Twitter users retweeted @2020fight’s truncated video and its caption at least 14,400 times and viewed the video at least 2.5 million times. So influential was @2020fight’s post that members of the media reached out directly to the owner of the profile in the course of reporting on the incident. McDonagh said that @2020fight’s post was the primary version of events shared on social media. The post was so successful in helping to shape the narrative that scores of journalists, public officials, priests, bishops, nuns, dioceses, and even the students’ own school publicly denounced the children without reaching out to them for their version of events or waiting for further information about the incident. “This is the new landscape: where bad actors monitor us and appropriate content that fits their needs. They know how to get it where they need to go so it amplifies naturally. And at this point, we are all conditioned to react and engage or deny in specific ways. And we all did,” McKew said. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]ilycallernewsfoundation.org Twitter Suspends Suspicious Account That Helped Start The Covington Controversy is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

      in Political Conservative News

    • Chuck and Nancy botched the response to Trump’s address – and social media let them know it

      By R. Mitchell - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer were given national air time equal to respond to President Trump’s address to the nation on border security – and… they blew it. Chuck and Nancy made an interesting choice for decor for their appearance – a single podium for the two Democrats to share – sorta. Fans of the two politicians chimed in on just how they presented themselves. Several who watched found the pair’s unsettlingly like getting “a talk” from their parents. When all else fails, bring out the tv/movie memes: Chuck and Nancy botched the response to Trump’s address – and social media let them know it is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

      in Political Conservative News

    • The Florida Sheriff, the Sheriff’s Son, and the ‘Coward of Broward’

      By American Media Institute - By Paul Sperry, RealClearInvestigations As Runcie pioneered the most lenient discipline policies in the nation, the administration pumped millions of
      dollars in education grants into his district. More than 50 other large school districts adopted similar programs as
      the administration opened race-bias investigations and threatened funding cuts for those who failed to comply
      with the lower disciplinary standards. Last month, the Trump administration revoked the Obama policy, formalized in a January 2014 guidance letter
      to all public school districts, arguing it has led to increased violence in schools. The Florida state safety commission’s draft report also revealed that the Broward district has been systematically
      underreporting crimes committed on campus since revising its discipline policies, helping it appear that the
      PROMISE program and its required “restorative justice” counseling sessions were working to reduce the
      number of students who reoffend and control overall crime on campus. Officials at Stoneman Douglas, for example, failed to report dozens of instances of violence, bullying, theft,
      robbery and trespassing in the 2016-2017 school year, making the school look much safer than it was prior to
      the shooting. New Renaissance Middle School in Miramar, Fla., reported no cases of bullying in 2015-2016, even though
      coed Jayla Cofer successfully sued Broward schools in 2016 after she was sent to the emergency room by a gang
      of violent girls, none of whom was arrested. Her attackers were d diverted to the PROMISE program, where they
      received counseling. Arreaza charged in a complaint filed Dec. 21 in Broward County court that school officials have pressured
      teachers and staff not to report crimes committed by students like Cruz. In an interview with RealClearInvestigations, he said they also routinely pressured Peterson and other school
      resource officers to “downgrade” serious crimes, including violent felonies. Just weeks before the Stoneman Douglas massacre, for example, a sophomore band member at the high school
      was violently attacked by another student, Arreaza said. The assailant broke his nose, but he wasn’t arrested for the assault. Instead, school officials assigned him to a diversionary program where he received counseling.
      “The crime was actually an aggravated assault, which is a felony, but it was reduced to a misdemeanor,”
      said Arreaza, who represents the victim. When the boy’s parents complained, “Deputy Peterson told the parents
      he isn’t allowed to arrest anyone.” Other sources confirmed that arrests are discouraged across the board by the administration.
      One longtime deputy assigned to Broward schools, who insisted on anonymity, said that a top official in the
      superintendent’s office “asked us not to arrest students for felonies in addition to misdemeanors,” even though
      the 2013 agreement explicitly emphasized that police had final discretion and that felonies would not qualify
      under the no-arrest plan. The sheriff even mirrored the no-arrest policy at the county jail. In a related program, Israel agreed to back off arrests of students who commit various crimes outside of schools,
      offering them civil citations and the same “restorative justice” counseling in lieu of incarceration, even for repeat
      offenders. Restorative justice is a controversial alternative punishment in which delinquents gather in “healing
      circles” with counselors – and sometimes even the victims of their crime – and discuss their feelings and the
      “root causes” of their anger and actions. Within two years of adopting the discipline reforms, Broward’s juvenile recidivism rate surged higher than the
      Florida state average. The negative trends continued through 2017, the most recent juvenile crime data show.
      Cruz wasn’t the only dangerous threat who avoided referral to the juvenile justice system. The district also previously diverted other boys, who brought guns to school and threatened to go on shooting
      rampages, from the criminal justice system and into alternative programs. In October 2016, for instance, a
      would-be teen shooter at Coral Springs High School was sent to counseling and was not charged with a crime.
      The safety commission found that Broward public schools average two threat assessments per day. In just the
      first half of 2018, the district had completed approximately 390 behavioral threat assessments. Cruz, 19, faces the death penalty if convicted of 17 counts of murder in the Valentine’s Day massacre. This investigative expose’ originally appeared in RealClearInvestigations, which is supported by the RealClearFoundation. Source: American Media Institute The Florida Sheriff, the Sheriff’s Son, and the ‘Coward of Broward’ is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

      in Political Conservative News

    • Investigation Into Drive-By Shooting Of 7-Year-Old Jazmine Barnes Has ‘Taken A New Direction’

      By Hanna Bogorowski - Police have reportedly arrested two men in the murder of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes, who was killed in a drive-by shooting in Houston, Texas, on Dec. 30. The case garnered national attention as it was originally believed to be a racially motivated hate crime after witnesses identified the suspect as a white male driving a red pick-up truck. Police now believe it was a case of mistaken identity, and Jazmine and her family were not targeted. Investigators are now calling the shooting of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes a case of mistaken identity after witnesses believed a white man in a red pick-up truck was responsible for her Dec. 30 murder, but officials said Sunday that two different men have been taken into custody and one has been charged with capital murder. Barnes was killed while sitting in the backseat of her mother’s car with her three sisters as they drove out of a Walmart parking lot in northeast Houston on Dec. 30. Her mother, LaPorsha Washington, was also shot when a car pulled up and began spraying bullets. The case garnered national attention after Washington said she believed the case to be a hate crime after she and her family identified the shooter in the apparently random attack to be a white male. Shaun King, a racial justice activist and a columnist at The Intercept, offered a $100,000 reward for information on the suspect. DeAndre Hopkins, a wide receiver for the Houston Texans, announced on Jan. 3 that he would be donating his $29,000 playoff game check to help Barnes’s family cover funeral expenses. Authorities originally reported the suspect to be a white man driving a red pick-up truck based on accounts of the shooting from Barnes’s family, but the Harris County Sheriff’s Office tweeted late Saturday that the investigation had “taken a new direction.” Homicide investigators subsequently filed a capital murder charge against Eric Black Jr., 20, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office, who had been identified as a suspect based on a tip. He later admitted to taking part in the shooting. Washington told the Houston Chronicle that she believed the shooting was racially motivated, but the sheriff’s office said Sunday that the case was more likely one of mistaken identity, and investigators do not believe Barnes or her family were targeted, according to reports. Barnes’s family’s lawyer, S. Lee Merritt, announced in an Instagram post overnight that a second man, Larry Woodruffe, 24, has been identified as another suspect. Woodruffe is “believed to be the shooter” and has “no connection to Jazmine or her family.” Sources told ABC13 that Woodruffe has been arrested. Merritt wrote in the post that the tip they received on the suspect was “difficult to believe” given the contrasts between Woodruffe and the man in the police sketch. The originally identified suspect in the red pick-up truck is now believed to have been a bystander attempting to escape the shooting, according to Merritt. Actresses Gabrielle Union and Olivia Wilde shared their concern regarding Barnes on social media, with Union tweeting, “Find him! This evil monster must be stopped.” Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Investigation Into Drive-By Shooting Of 7-Year-Old Jazmine Barnes Has ‘Taken A New Direction’ is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

      in Political Conservative News

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.