The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

US Nemesis Huawei Faces Scrutiny After Poland Charges One Of Its Execs With Espionage

By Chris White -

Huawei-logo-246x250.png

http://dailycaller.com/

Polish authorities arrested and charged a Huawei executive and former Polish government official with espionage, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday. The arrest deals a brutal blow to the Chinese company.

News of the arrest comes amid speculation that Beijing is using Huawei to spy on U.S. companies as they build out the world’s next generation of mobile-telecom networks. The executive, whose name is blocked from public, pleaded not guilty to a crime that carries up to a decade in prison.

This is the second time in two months that Huawei has dealt with executives being charged with crimes in foreign nations. Canada detained the company’s chief financial officer in early December on charges related to Iranian sanctions.

“Huawei is aware of the situation, and we are looking into it,” a spokesman for the company told reporters. Huawei has repeatedly dismissed claims that it is a Beijing tool, with company officials noting that it is an independent entity and has never been implicated in any spy rings – until now.

Poland’s counterintelligence agency searched the local Huawei office and the home of the Chinese national, Poland’s state-owned broadcaster reported Friday. The executive was identified as a graduate of one of China’s top intelligence schools, WSJ noted.

The arrest is bound to increase speculation that the mysterious company is acting on behalf of China. Canadian authorities, at the behest of U.S. officials, arrested Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou on charges she lied to banks about Huawei’s business in Iran. She denies charges of violating U.S. sanctions. Meanwhile, tensions are at an all-time high between the U.S. and China.

This report came a month after U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted about the Chinese tariff dispute in an attempt to calm down the markets after the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 800 points on Tuesday.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

US Nemesis Huawei Faces Scrutiny After Poland Charges One Of Its Execs With Espionage is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Brother Of American Detained In Russia For Espionage Says There’s No Way He Could Be A Spy

By Nick Givas - The brother of an American detained in Russia for espionage appeared on “Fox & Friends” Wednesday to plead his sibling’s innocence and said there’s no way he could possibly be a spy. David Whelan said his brother Paul Whelan served as a United States Marine and was fond of international travel, but would never do anything to violate the Espionage Act. David Whelan also claimed Paul Whelan was asked by a Marine friend to help him plan his wedding ceremony in Moscow because he had already been to Russia several times before. “Paul is a person who likes to travel the world. And he’s a kind and a generous person. And when a friend of his, a former marine asked him to help with a wedding ceremony that he was going to be having in Moscow, Paul agreed to help because Paul had already been to Russia a number of times,” he said. “He knew where the sights were and how to get around the town. And was able to help this friend and his family to have a better experience. So Paul flew into Moscow on the 21st of December to be part of that wedding party,” he added. Host Steve Doocy asked what kind of work David Whelan’s brother did and he said he worked in “corporate security,” but that he didn’t know much else. “His work did take him to Russia. He is in what is called corporate security. I’m a librarian so that’s not really familiar territory to me,” he replied. “My understanding from the stories he told me is that he would visit physical plants for his company — plants either operated by the company or subsidiaries and just check the physical security. Broken windows, ability of people to get access to the building, that sort of thing. And so he traveled to many countries around the world in addition to his personal travel.” David Whelan also said he had to find out from Google that his brother had been arrested and claimed he and his family were never formally notified of his detention. “It was Monday morning when did I a Google search and found that the Russian ministry had announced that it had arrested him as a potential spy,” he said. “The U.S. State Department put out a statement on the issue and said: We are aware of the detention of a U.S. Citizen by Russian authorities. Russia’s obligations under the Vienna convention require them to provide consular access. We have requested this access and expect them to provide it.” David Whelan said he recently learned his brother had left the Marines due to bad conduct but says that still doesn’t prove he’s a spy. “I learned yesterday that he left under — I think it’s the bad conduct discharge,” he said. “That was news to me. But I think all of us have things in our past that maybe detract from our better selves and that’s perhaps why I didn’t know about it.” “I’m sure my brother’s not a spy,” David Whelan concluded. “Paul’s background is in law enforcement. He has military experience. He’s in corporate security. He’s one of the people I would say knows very well about risks when traveling or being in foreign countries or being in any kind of situation. And I just can’t imagine him getting sideways of the law in Russia or doing anything anywhere close to breaking an Espionage Act.” Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Brother Of American Detained In Russia For Espionage Says There’s No Way He Could Be A Spy is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• American Man Being Held In Russia On Charges Of Espionage

By Evie Fordham - Russian authorities detained a U.S. citizen and accused him of espionage, Russian domestic intelligence agency FSB said in a statement Monday. Paul Whelan was arrested while “carrying out spying activities” Dec. 28, according to the FSB statement cited by The Wall Street Journal. Whelan could be punished with 10 to 20 years in jail, according to Russian news agency TASS. The State Department was formally notified of the U.S. citizen’s detention and expects Russia to provide consular access to the citizen because of the Vienna Convention, a department spokesperson told The Daily Caller News Foundation via email Monday. News of the detention comes shortly after Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia is “open to dialogue” with the U.S. in a holiday message to President Donald Trump on Sunday. Putin discussed meeting with Trump as recently as Dec. 20. “I don’t know whether a meeting will happen,” Putin said during a press conference, according to CNN. “On multiple occasions, I’ve said I am willing to meet. We have a number of issues to discuss including our bilateral agenda.” Meanwhile, the U.S. government has sanctioned Russia’s FSB for its cyber activities even though FSB and U.S. intelligence agencies cooperate on counterterrorism activities, reported CNN. The FSB evolved from the infamous Soviet security agency the KGB. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] American Man Being Held In Russia On Charges Of Espionage is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Two Pakistan Christians Given Death Sentences on Blasphemy Charges Following Swift Hearing

Not even two months after Christian mother Asia Bibi was acquitted of charges of blashphemy, two more believers have received death sentences. Lehore natives Qaisar and Amoon Ayub were detained in 2015 as a result of one of the men was accused of publishing objectionable content against the Islamic faith on their website. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Execs At Michael Bloomberg’s Company Expected To Be Arrested For Fraud

By Tim Pearce - The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office (DA) and New York state police are expected to arrest several senior executives in former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s finance company on fraud charges Tuesday, The New York Times reported. The executives are expected to be a part of a larger arrest of roughly a dozen senior executives spanning several companies involved in New York real-estate and development. The DA launched a new investigation into New York’s $62 billion construction industry, including the construction and facilities department of Bloomberg L.P., in 2017. Investigators uncovered a pay-to-play scheme in which subcontractors and vendors doing work on Bloomberg company offices would offer bribes and kickbacks to Bloomberg executives. In exchange, the Bloomberg executives would pay more for the work done, defrauding Bloomberg L.P. for millions. Investigators found no evidence Bloomberg was aware of the alleged fraud. Bloomberg’s charity group Bloomberg Philanthropies did not immediately respond to a request for a comment. The New York DA put together a Construction Fraud Task Force in 2015 to investigate fraud in New York’s construction industry. Bloomberg is a potential 2020 contender to challenge President Donald Trump. Bloomberg, a Democrat, has been at the forefront of pushing legislation and policies to combat climate change. Bloomberg has criticized Trump for the president’s morals and character, saying at former President George H.W. Bush’s funeral, “What was unique about George H.W. Bush was his honesty, his morals — his elegance, if you will. And I think unfortunately you contrast it with what we have in the White House now where the current president doesn’t seem to have any feeling of sacrifice for the good of the country. And maybe that’s one of the real differences.” Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Execs At Michael Bloomberg’s Company Expected To Be Arrested For Fraud is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust. View the original full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.