Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

‘We Don’t Take Orders From Bolton:’ Pentagon Plans Syria Withdrawal

Recommended Posts

By Hanna Bogorowski -

Pentagon-250x201.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/

National Security Advisor John Bolton appeared to contradict the White House Sunday when he said that the United States withdrawal from Syria would not be immediate, but the Pentagon announced Thursday that without receiving any new direction, they’re moving forward with the mission.

“Timetables or the timing of the withdrawal occurs as a result of the fulfillment of the conditions and the establishment of the circumstances that we want to see,” Bolton said Sunday, which struck a different tone than the Dec. 19 announcement White House press secretary Sarah Sanders made, in which she said the U.S. had already begun pulling American troops.

Defense officials in the Pentagon told The Wall Street Journal that they haven’t received any new directives, and until they do, will move forward with the original withdrawal plans.

“Nothing has changed,” an anonymous defense official said. “We don’t take orders from Bolton.”

American troops sent to help with the pullout are reportedly already in the region, specifically in Kuwait and the al-Asad air base in Iraq.

President Donald Trump confirmed a Syria withdrawal Sunday, but shifted slightly on the timing, saying “we won’t be finally pulled out until [the Islamic State] is gone.”

The Failing New York Times has knowingly written a very inaccurate story on my intentions on Syria. No different from my original statements, we will be leaving at a proper pace while at the same time continuing to fight ISIS and doing all else that is prudent and necessary!…..

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 7, 2019

The fate of U.S. troops in Syria was further muddled Tuesday when Turkish President Recep Erdogan said Bolton made a “grave mistake” when he demanded Turkey pledge protection of the American supported Kurdish fighters.

“It is not possible for us to swallow the message Bolton gave from Israel,” Erdogan said in the Turkish Parliament after refusing to meet with Bolton on his visit to Turkey.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo pushed back on reports that the administration was contradicting itself Thursday on a trip to Cairo, Egypt, saying “there’s no contradiction whatsoever.”

“This is a story made up by the media. That’s fine, you all write what you like, but the President’s been very clear, and Bolton and I have been very clear about this too, that the threat from radical Islamic terrorism is real,” Pompeo said.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

‘We Don’t Take Orders From Bolton:’ Pentagon Plans Syria Withdrawal is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Topics

    • ISIS Kills US Troops In Syria

      By Hanna Bogorowski - American troops are among those killed in a Wednesday suicide bombing in northern Syria, according to a spokesperson for Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR), the U.S.-led coalition against ISIS. “U.S. service members were killed during an explosion while conducting a routine patrol in Syria today. We are still gathering information and will share additional details at a later time,” the coalition tweeted. A U.S. military official confirmed to CBS News that at least two Americans are among the 15 dead, but the U.S. military has not confirmed reports of the number. The explosion occurred in the northern city of Manbij at a restaurant where residents claim American troops sometimes visit. The Islamic State extremist group has since claimed responsibility for the attack, and one expert suggested ISIS has identified the suicide attacker as Abu Yasin al-Shami. White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters that President Donald Trump has been fully briefed and “will continue to monitor the ongoing situation in Syria.” The explosion comes weeks after Trump ordered the withdrawal of American troops from the region and on the same day Vice President Mike Pence told the Global Chiefs of Mission conference at the State Department that “the caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated.” Manbij is just south of Turkey, in an area held by U.S.-allied Kurdish forces. Trump spoke with Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan Tuesday, in which they reportedly discussed a safe zone for Turkey to set up inside Syria along the border This is an ongoing story, and more information on the number of those dead and the identities of the American troops will be added. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] ISIS Kills US Troops In Syria is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

      in Political Conservative News

    • China’s Plans for Global Dominance Include Supplanting the United States’ Leadership Position

      By R. Mitchell - Anyone who doubts whether the world is once again immersed in great power competition should read the 2019 China Military Power Report released today by the Defense Intelligence Agency. The 140-page booklet explains China’s strategy and its efforts to supplant the United States and impose its rules on the international order. In a preface to the report, Army Lt. Gen. Robert P. Ashley, the DIA director, said that as China grows in strength and confidence, it will insist on “having a greater voice in global interactions, which at times may be antithetical to U.S. interests.” It’s modeled after the Reagan era’s Soviet Military Power series, and it uses the words of Chinese leaders and publications to make its case. It also details Chinese strategy and the history behind it. The report looks at China’s goals, detailing changes in the structures and commands in the People’s Liberation Army. It also looks at military modernization and the underlying goals of Chinese leaders. It serves as a primer for what the U.S. military must counter and where American money would best be spent. “With a deeper understanding of the military might behind Chinese economic and diplomatic efforts,” Ashley continued, “we can provide our own national political, economic, and military leaders the widest range of options for choosing when to counter, when to encourage, and when to join with China in actions around the world.” China refers to its military strategy as “active defense” which uses offensive actions if the government believes that an enemy may do something against the interests of China, even if the adversary takes no offensive action. Believing this modernization is needed for the country to achieve great power status, Chinese leaders are investing in capabilities across all domains of warfare. What it does with this new-found power is what concerns U.S. and allied leaders. China could impose its will in the region in Asia and around the globe. China’s threat matrix is not limited to global powers. In fact, its own internal reports list small local countries as primary threats: Border Disputes Investment and Modernization China began seriously investing in its military in 2000 and increased its spending by 10% per year until 2016 when it slowed to 5-to-7-percent growth. It is estimated that China spent more than $200 Billion on defense in 2018 which is a three-fold increase since 2002. The Chinese army, the PLA, and navy, the PLAN, are working to enhance their capability to project power globally. Transport aircraft from Russia and the first Chinese aircraft carrier will go a long way to allowing Beijing to move troops, supplies and equipment around the world. China’s carrier performed sea trials in 2018 and is expected to go into service in 2019. Counterspace China has a significant space presence including communications and intelligence satellites and now it is investing serious resources into anti-satellite weaponry. Conclusion China is investing vast sums of money and tremendous resources into modernizing its army and navy. While still years away from being able deploy a massive conventional force across the globe, it is a regional military superpower with significant conventional, nuclear, and space-based assets. China will use its capabilities to push disputed borders further out, reunify Taiwan with the mainland and increase its presence in the South China sea and Indian Ocean. Beijing will also continue its New Silk Road Belt and Road initiative to build ports for less-fortunate countries while indebting those nations to China. This new wave of soft-imperialism will create challenges for NATO, the European Union and the United States. Full 2019 China Military Power Report China-Military-Power-FINAL-5MB-20190103
      Source: Department of Defense – all quotes are from the Defense Intelligence Agency’s 2019 China Military Power Report Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details. China’s Plans for Global Dominance Include Supplanting the United States’ Leadership Position is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

      in Political Conservative News

    • Federal Judge Orders Removal Of Citizenship Question From 2020 Census

      By Kevin Daley - A federal judge in New York barred the Trump administration from including a citizenship question on the 2020 census questionnaire. The decision appears to have significant implications for a related matter the Supreme Court is poised to decide in the spring. “The attempts by the Trump administration to mandate a question about citizenship were not rooted in a desire to strengthen the census process and would only undermine our immigrant communities,” New York Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement. “Inciting fear in our residents is not only immoral, but also ill-conceived.” The Constitution mandates a census every ten years to apportion seats in the House of Representatives among the states. Population is also used as a basis for rewarding federal aid. A coalition of Democratic cities, states, and interest groups challenged the addition of a citizenship question to the census questionnaire in April 2018, warning it would discourage minority participation. An incomplete survey of minority populations, the plaintiffs feared, would result in diminished federal funds and congressional representation for urban areas. The plaintiffs charged that the addition of the citizenship question violated the Constitution and the Administrative Procedure Act (APA), a federal law establishing protocols for the issuance of regulations. In his Tuesday decision, U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman accepted the plaintiffs’ APA claims while rejecting their constitutional arguments. “[Ross] failed to consider several important aspects of the problem; alternately ignored, cherry-picked, or badly misconstrued the evidence in the record before him; acted irrationally both in light of that evidence and his own stated decisional criteria; and failed to justify significant departures from past policies and practices — a veritable smorgasbord of classic, clear-cut APA violations,” Furman wrote. Elsewhere in the decision, Furman said Ross was not truthful about his motives for adding a citizenship question. Though the secretary initially said publicly that the question was added at the request of the Department of Justice, subsequent evidence showed Ross discussed the matter with White House aides far earlier than initially understood. “Finally, and perhaps most egregiously, the evidence is clear that Secretary Ross’s rationale was pretextual — that is, that the real reason for his decision was something other than the sole reason he put forward in his memorandum,” Furman wrote. Former President Barack Obama elevated Furman to the federal bench in 2012. The plaintiffs sought a deposition from Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross at a previous phase of the litigation. The Department of Commerce oversees the Census Bureau, and Ross himself authorized the addition of the citizenship question. Though Furman authorized the Ross deposition, the Supreme Court intervened to stop it in October 2018. Shortly thereafter in November 2018, the high court agreed to decide what evidence Furman could rely upon when making his decision. When plaintiffs challenge agency action in court, the agency itself generally turns over the body of documents and evidence it relied upon to make its decision. Those writings are called the administrative record. In most cases of this nature, the court will make its decision based only on the administrative record. However, Furman allowed the plaintiffs to gather evidence beyond the administrative record to challenge the citizenship question. The Supreme Court agreed to decide whether that decision was correct. The Justice Department may appeal Furman’s decision. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Federal Judge Orders Removal Of Citizenship Question From 2020 Census is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

      in Political Conservative News

    • Pentagon extends assistance to DHS at the border as new Migrant Mob forms

      By R. Mitchell - The Department of Defense announced Monday that it will continue to support DHS along the U.S. – Mexico border until late 2019.
      In response to the December 27, 2018 request from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Acting Secretary of Defense Pat Shanahan approved Department of Defense assistance to DHS through Sept. 30, 2019. DOD is transitioning its support at the southwestern border from hardening ports of entry to mobile surveillance and detection, as well as concertina wire emplacement between ports of entry. The Defense Department will continue to provide aviation support, but the announcement was unclear on whether or not members of the DoD would be available to build new sections of border barrier should the president declare a national emergency and request unused DoD funding to do so. At last report, there were 5,900 active duty military along the border and another 2,100 National Guard troops providing assistance to Homeland Security. The support comes just in time as another Migrant Mob, this one with a reported 15,000 migrants, has formed in Honduras and is expected to begin its march north towards Southern Mexico on Tuesday. This group isn’t pushing towards the U.S. at this point after learning the fate of the previous migrant group. Thousands of migrants from the previous wave have been deserted by the coordinators who talked them into taking the 2,000-mile journey only to get left in camps in Tijuana, Mexico while they await the long asylum process. Most won’t be granted asylum once the process is complete. With this mob hoping to get work and/or benefits in Mexico, Mexicans aren’t as supportive as they were when the mobs were destined for America. “That work is for Mexicans that need it,” said Anna Pérez from Palenque, Chiapas, Mexico on Facebook. “Opportunistic people who just want to take advantage of the Mexicans.” And the long treck north may not have made those families any safer than they would have been at home. Tijuana, where many are stuck, is a city with more than 2,000 homicides this year, leaving the Central American migrants almost as vulnerable as they were grappling with the gang violence that caused them to flee their homeland. Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details. Pentagon extends assistance to DHS at the border as new Migrant Mob forms is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

      in Political Conservative News

    • Benjamin Netanyahu Confirms Airstrike on Syria

      Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that an airstrike by the country had hit hundreds of Iranian and Hezbollah targets in Syria. View the full article

      in Christian Current Events

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.