The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
C.Jord

May I introduce myself

Hello there,

I have been taking part on the forum for several weeks now, but today I saw the 'Welcome Mat', and realised that I had not really introduced myself.

The Lord brought me to a knowledge of my need of a Saviour at the age of twelve years.  I actually lived on the premises of an undenominational mission hall, and had been attending the services and taking part in the life of the assembly generally, since I was eight years old. However it was at a rally organised by the 'Youth For Christ' organisation that I came under conviction, hearing and believing the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. During my teens I had a period of falling away, during which I married and had two daughters.  Mercifully the Lord brought me back to Himself and the process of growth began, as I read God's Word and fellowshipped with other Christians in a house-group situation.

When the house group disbanded as the young people went on to university and members decided to join local churches. I also joined a Congregational Church community. However, after just a few years a radical change took place and I found myself walking a lone path.  That radical change was brought about by applying the principle of 2 Timothy 2:15, and learning to rightly divide the Word of Truth. The truths of Ephesians one, and the knowledge of being made 'complete' in Christ Jesus, holy and without blame,  of being accepted in the Beloved, made meet to partake of the inheritance of the saints in light, became such precious truth, as I came to realise just what being a member of the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all meant. This is where I remain.

The Lord has brought fellowship my way, mostly in one's and two's, and opportunities for witness, and mutual edification, but I have not been led to join another Christian fellowship community.

I hope that there will be opportunity here, on the forum, to share the Word of God, and interact with other believers, in a loving environment.

In Christ Jesus

our risen and glorified

Saviour, Lord and Head.

Chris  

• Like 3

Staff

Welcome Chris!

welcome dr evil GIF

Staff

Hello and welcome Chris

58 minutes ago, C.Jord said:

Hello there,

I have been taking part on the forum for several weeks now, but today I saw the 'Welcome Mat', and realised that I had not really introduced myself.

The Lord brought me to a knowledge of my need of a Saviour at the age of twelve years.  I actually lived on the premises of an undenominational mission hall, and had been attending the services and taking part in the life of the assembly generally, since I was eight years old. However it was at a rally organised by the 'Youth For Christ' organisation that I came under conviction, hearing and believing the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. During my teens I had a period of falling away, during which I married and had two daughters.  Mercifully the Lord brought me back to Himself and the process of growth began, as I read God's Word and fellowshipped with other Christians in a house-group situation.

When the house group disbanded as the young people went on to university and members decided to join local churches. I also joined a Congregational Church community. However, after just a few years a radical change took place and I found myself walking a lone path.  That radical change was brought about by applying the principle of 2 Timothy 2:15, and learning to rightly divide the Word of Truth. The truths of Ephesians one, and the knowledge of being made 'complete' in Christ Jesus, holy and without blame,  of being accepted in the Beloved, made meet to partake of the inheritance of the saints in light, became such precious truth, as I came to realise just what being a member of the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all meant. This is where I remain.

The Lord has brought fellowship my way, mostly in one's and two's, and opportunities for witness, and mutual edification, but I have not been led to join another Christian fellowship community.

I hope that there will be opportunity here, on the forum, to share the Word of God, and interact with other believers, in a loving environment.

In Christ Jesus

our risen and glorified

Saviour, Lord and Head.

Chris  

I have a personal question, and if you want not to answer it I understand. Did you and your wife stay married, was reconciliation possible?

Youth For Christ was a very important part of my teens as wel. My wife and I attended many events at the same time but never even knew each other back then.  

Hello there, Mike,

Forgive me, the name 'Chris' gives no indication of gender, for it can be a shortened form of Christopher or Christine.  In my case it is Christine.  My husband and I have remained together, He portrays all the grace and love of God to me in His kindness towards me, I am very blessed. The Lord has been gracious. He is a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, 

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Staff

Nice to have another female around here  :classic_smile:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Republican Senators Introduce Legislation Which Would ‘Permanently Prevent’ Federal Government From Shutdowns

By Henry Rodgers - A group of Republican Senators introduced legislation which would permanently prevent the federal government from a shutdown Friday afternoon. Ohio Republican Sen. Rob Portman, Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, Montana Sen. Steve Daines, Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson, Wyoming Sen. Mike Enzi, Wyoming Sen. John Barrasso, Idaho Sen. Jim Risch, Utah Sen. Mike Lee, and Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski introduced the legislation – the “End Government Shutdowns Act,” which will make it so the federal government can never shutdown. This comes as the government has been partially shutdown for 21 days. Republican members of congress have lobbied members of Congress to reach an agreement on a bill that would fund the government and protect the borders. “It’s disappointing that both sides didn’t resolve this matter weeks ago. Shutdowns inevitably costs taxpayers more money once the government reopens. I hope that both parties come together and reach an agreement that brings a resolution to this issue as quickly as possible,” Portman said in a statement. “Moving forward, we should end government shutdowns for good. This bipartisan legislation will accomplish that goal, providing lawmakers with more time to reach a responsible resolution to budget negotiations, giving federal workers and their families more stability, and ensuring we avoid disruptions that ultimately hurt our economy, taxpayers and working families,” he continued. Daines, who also sponsored the bill, echoed a very similar message, saying government shutdowns do not work and that this legislation will help hold members of congress accountable of keeping the government open. “Shutdowns don’t work. Yet we’re seeing them happen time and time again,” Daines said in a statement. “The End Government Shutdowns Act will hold Congress accountable to funding the government and ensure that hardworking folks aren’t paying the price for the partisan, political games being played in DC.” Daines introduced a bill on the Senate floor Thursday that would withhold the pay of members of Congress during future government shutdowns. The bill, sponsored by Republican Texas Sen. John Cornyn, comes hours after Daines announced he sent a letter requesting the secretary of the U.S. Senate withhold his pay during the ongoing partial shutdown of the federal government. Trump was on Capitol Hill Wednesday meeting with Republican senators to discuss the shutdown and border wall funding. After the meeting, he said Republicans were “unified.” The president also warned Democrats he might declare a national emergency if they cannot come to an agreement soon. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Republican Senators Introduce Legislation Which Would ‘Permanently Prevent’ Federal Government From Shutdowns is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• House Republicans Introduce Bill To Pay Employees Who Work During Shutdown

By Henry Rodgers - House Republicans have introduced a bill which offers to pay to federal employees who work during the government shutdown Wednesday. As the government is in it’s 19th day of a partial shutdown, five Republican lawmakers, Ohio Rep. Bob Gibbs, North Carolina Rep. Mark Meadows, Indiana Rep. Susan Brooks, Colorado Rep. Scott Tipton and Virginia Rep. Morgan Griffith, introduced legislation which would require that federal workers be paid during the partial shutdown. “While Democrats continue to play politics with border security, federal employees dedicated to their mission of keeping America safe and our border secure are still going to work knowing they will be missing their paychecks, Gibbs said in a Wednesday statement. Gibbs blasted Democrats for the shutdown in the statement saying they are the reason federal workers are not being paid. “They should not be caught in the middle of political ploys by politicians who are not serious about securing our border.  If they are working to protect America and the lives of our citizens, they should be getting their paychecks on time.  We shouldn’t be forcing these men and women to shoulder the burden of Democrats’ unwillingness to work with President Trump and Congressional Republicans to solve the humanitarian and security crisis on our Southern Border.” President Donald Trump was on Capitol Hill Wednesday meeting with Republican Senators to discuss the shutdown and border wall funding. After the meeting, he said Republicans were “unified.” Trump also warned Democrats that he may declare a national emergency if they can not come to an agreement soon. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] House Republicans Introduce Bill To Pay Employees Who Work During Shutdown is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Nancy Pelosi And House Dems Introduce Bill That Would Immediately Restore Voting Rights For Convicted Felons Nationwide

By Andrew Kerr - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats unveiled a bill Friday that would immediately restore voting rights to convicted felons nationwide. Convicted felons who have completed their prison sentences would have their voting rights restored, but those incarcerated at the time of an election would still be barred from voting. The bill would also mandate automatic voter registration nationwide. House Democrats unveiled details of a sweeping federal elections reform package Friday that, if enacted, would immediately restore voting rights to convicted felons who have completed their prison sentences nationwide. The bill, titled the “For the People Act,” would also mandate automatic voter registration nationwide for eligible voters that provide information to state government agencies such as the DMV. The act “makes automatic voter registration a mandate nationwide — not just in certain states or in certain counties — but nationwide,” Rep. John Lewis of Georgia said at a press conference announcing the bill Friday. “We must get there, and we will get there, as Democrats.” “It restores voting rights to felons who paid their debt to society,” Lewis added. The bill, also known as House Resolution 1, or H.R. 1, includes dozens of measures from House Democrats including election security, campaign finance and anti-corruption reforms. The package was introduced Thursday by Democratic Rep. John Sarbanes of Maryland and co-sponsored by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. It also includes a measure that would require sitting presidents and vice presidents, in addition to presidential and vice presidential candidates, to release 10 years of personal tax returns. The bill will “strengthen our democracy and return political power to the people by making it easier, not harder, to vote, ending the dominance of big money in our politics and ensuring that public officials actually serve the public,” Sarbanes said Thursday. The bill holds that “the right of an individual who is a citizen of the United States to vote in any election for Federal office shall not be denied or abridged because that individual has been convicted of a criminal offense.” Convicted felons who have served their sentence or are sentenced to serve “only a term of probation” would have their voting rights restored, but those incarcerated at the time of an election would be barred from voting. Convicted felons would be able to vote “in any election for Federal office held after the date of the enactment of this Act,” were it to be signed into law. The proposal was welcomed with open arms by the left-leaning Brennan Center for Justice, a law policy institute that focuses on voting rights and campaign finance reform. “The Brennan Center for Justice fully supports voting rights restoration for formerly incarcerated people who have past felony convictions,” Brennan Center spokesperson Alexandra Ringe told The Daily Caller News Foundation. The proposal comes less than two months after Florida voters elected to restore voting rights to nearly 1.5 million convicted felons. Pelosi committed to pushing the entire reform package through the House during a press conference Friday. “We are introducing H.R. 1 to … clean up corruption and restore integrity to government,” she said. “We put power back into the hands of the people.” “[W]e will have the complete H.R. 1 passed by the House of Representatives with the knowledge, transparency that the American people will know that this is an option that the House has given the Senate of the United States and the President of the United States to take action in support of the American people,” Pelosi said. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Nancy Pelosi And House Dems Introduce Bill That Would Immediately Restore Voting Rights For Convicted Felons Nationwide is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

• Jeff Flake Will Introduce Bill To Raise Taxes Before Leaving Senate

By Michael Bastasch - Sen. Jeff Flake will co-introduce carbon tax legislation in his final two weeks in office. Flake became a prominent anti-Trumper and is now teaming up with Democrats to push climate policies. Most Republicans and conservative groups oppose carbon taxes. Outgoing Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake will soon co-introduce legislation to tax carbon dioxide emissions, according to news reports. Flake, who will not be returning to Congress next year, and Delaware Sen. Chris Coon, a Democrat, will introduce their carbon tax bill as soon as Wednesday. The bill is unlikely to go anywhere with just two weeks left in the current legislative session. Flake and Coon’s bill will be the Senate companion to bipartisan House carbon tax legislation introduced in November. The Washington Times first reported of Flake’s carbon tax bill Wednesday, and The Hill later confirmed it. Like the House bill, Flake’s carbon tax bill would tax emissions at $15 per ton — a rate that would rise $10 per year until hitting $100 per ton in 2030. All of the revenues raised through the tax will get rebated to households to compensate for higher energy costs. Carbon tax proponents hope Flake’s willingness to back a carbon tax will convince other Republicans to do the same, but Flake won’t ever have to face voters again. Flake also backed a 2009 carbon tax bill introduced by former South Carolina Republican Rep. Bob Inglis. Flake, who was in the House in 2009, went onto become a senator, and rarely weighed in on global warming after that. Inglis, on the other, was soundly defeated in his 2010 primary race. Flake also authored the 2017 book “Conscience of a Conservative,” which rejects the Republican Party’s embrace of President Donald Trump. “Now that he’s leaving office, he no longer has to fear Yellow Jackets,” Daniel Kish, a senior distinguished fellow at the Institute for Energy Research (IER), told The Daily Caller News Foundation. Kish is referring to the tens of thousands of French protesters, called “yellow jackets,” who took to the streets to protest increased carbon taxes on fuel set to take effect in the new year. The French government scrapped the carbon tax increases, but protests have not stopped and moved to other issues. IER, along with most conservative groups, opposes carbon taxes. Trump and most Republican lawmakers oppose carbon taxes as well. Flake opted not to seek re-election this year. Flake regularly clashed with Trump and became a rallying figure for liberals and anti-Trumpers alike. Flake said he could not “in good conscience” do what he needed to fend off primary challengers, though his popularity had plummeted as he clashed with the president. Democrats have moved away from carbon taxes in recent weeks in light of protests across France and defeats elsewhere. For example, a carbon tax proposal was rejected by Washington state voters in the November elections. Still, the House lawmakers who introduced carbon tax legislation in November are confident their bill will get traction in the next Congress. Democrats will take control of the House next year, but not the Senate. “Thanks to Senator Coons and Senator Flake, we’re now showing the American people that our plan to put a price on carbon and return the net revenue back to the American people has earned bipartisan support in both chambers of Congress,” Florida Democratic Rep. Ted Deutch said in a statement to The Hill. “I look forward to working closely with Senator Coons and my fellow House sponsors to re-introduce the legislation next year,” Deutch said. Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Jeff Flake Will Introduce Bill To Raise Taxes Before Leaving Senate is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.