The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Former Bill Clinton Press Secretary Says The Threat Of Terrorism At The Border Is A ‘Fantasy’ Despite DHS Report To The Contrary

By Nick Givas -

Joe-Lockhart-250x141.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/

Former Clinton White House press secretary Joe Lockhart claimed the threat of terrorism at the U.S. southern border is just a “fantasy” on CNN’s “New Day” Monday.

“Just take one step back. If you’re a terrorist, do you want to come through a border that has thousands of border control guards, that has now 15,000 or so troops there?” Lockhart said.

“You’re not coming. The — the only recorded terrorist apprehension that I know of in the last 20 years happened at the northern border around the millennium. So it’s — it’s become — we’ve become numb to it, but we saw probably the best example in a while of how they will say anything and it’s all about creating a reality that’s different than the facts. And that’s dangerous because we’re now making — we now have the government shut down based on a fantasy,” he added.

The Department of Homeland Security released a report Wednesday entitled: Stopping Terrorist Travel Through Illicit Pathways To The Homeland. In it, they refute Lockhart’s claims and outline specific terror threats that exist at the border.

The DHS referred to these potential terrorists as “special interest aliens” or SIAs and said they’re constantly looking for new and creative ways to enter the U.S. undetected.

“Offering solutions to close these routes and shut off entry ways into America for SIAs must be a priority moving forward, since some of these migrants have been affiliated with foreign terror groups and organized crime,” the report reads.

It also cited a U.S. State Department report claiming terrorists are seeking to infiltrate Latin America to take advantage of their “porous borders, limited law enforcement capabilities, and established smuggling routes.”

“These vulnerabilities offered opportunities to local and international terrorist groups and posed challenges to governments in the region,” the State Department report continued.

The Center for Immigration Studies also released a report back in late November showing at least 15 confirmed cases where members of terrorist groups were encountered at the U.S.-Mexico border, or right after they had illegally crossed.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Former Bill Clinton Press Secretary Says The Threat Of Terrorism At The Border Is A ‘Fantasy’ Despite DHS Report To The Contrary is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Report: Economic Toll Of Government Shutdown Almost As Bad As Economic Toll Of Having A Bloated Federal Government In The First Place

U.S.—The economic toll of the government shutdown is growing by the day, and experts now believe the cost of having the government partially closed down is nearly as bad as the economic toll of a functioning government interfering in our economy, businesses, and private decisions in the first place. The post Report: Economic Toll Of Government Shutdown Almost As Bad As Economic Toll Of Having A Bloated Federal Government In The First Place appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Least Masculine Society In Human History Decides Masculinity Is A Growing Threat

U.S.—As society becomes increasingly dominated by nerds, hipsters, and computer programmers, people have fixated on what they think is our biggest problem: masculinity. The post Least Masculine Society In Human History Decides Masculinity Is A Growing Threat appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Trump invites members of both parties to discuss border funding impasse – not everyone showed up

By R. Mitchell - President Donald Trump invited Democrats and Republicans to lunch Tuesday to negotiate a compromise that would secure the southern border and re-open the federal government, but, according to the White House, it was a one-sided affair. “As Senator Schumer and Speaker Pelosi refuse to negotiate, President Donald J. Trump and his team are working hard to find solutions to solve the humanitarian and national security crisis at the border and reopen the government,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement. “Today, the President offered both Democrats and Republicans the chance to meet for lunch at the White House. Unfortunately, no Democrats will attend.” The White House released the names of those who showed up to work on re-opening the government, and it’s as lopsided as Sanders said: Trump has a compromise ready for congressional consideration, but he needs at least 6 Democrats to put America’s security, the safety of our border agents and the financial well-being of furloughed government workers ahead of their ‘stop Trump at all costs’ agenda. “The President has a proposal on the table that includes additional technology at ports of entry, allows minors from Central America to seek asylum in their home country, and physical barriers between ports of entry made of steel instead of concrete,” Sanders said. “The President looks forward to having a working lunch with House Republicans to solve the border crisis and reopen the government. It’s time for the Democrats to come to the table and make a deal.” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer have cast aside the pleas of border patrol agents and leadership to fund the border barriers they say they desperately need to do their work safely and effectively. By not even bothering to show up to a good faith negotiation, Chuck, Nancy and the Democrats have proven that this isn’t a common sense approach to national security – it’s just politics. Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details. Trump invites members of both parties to discuss border funding impasse – not everyone showed up is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• 19-Year-Old State Lawmaker Makes Trump An Offer To Fund The Border Wall

By Evie Fordham - West Virginia House of Delegates member Caleb Hanna wants to fund a southern border wall with $10 million of his state’s surplus to combat West Virginia’s drug problem, he said on “Fox and Friends” Tuesday. “West Virginia has a terrible drug problem,” Hanna said Tuesday. “I believe that a lot of those drugs and opioids are coming directly from the southern border. I spoke to local and state law enforcement, and they say these drugs are so pure they can’t be coming from anywhere other than Mexico. So I believe that the wall is a crucial part in addressing West Virginia’s drug problem.” Hanna and his fellow Republican delegates Carl “Robbie” Martin and Patrick Martin plan to introduce the bill that would transfer $10 million of the state’s $185 million surplus to the border wall that President Donald Trump has proposed, reported The Mountaineer Journal. The state surplus funds would not make much of a dent in the wall fund, though — Trump is asking for more than $5 billion. “So, the West Virginia Republican majority in the House has been very supportive of President Trump and his efforts to secure the southern border,” Hanna said. “So, I am happy to co-sponsor a piece of legislation that I don’t think just West Virginia will be happy about, but the American people as a whole.” West Virginia had the highest drug overdose death rate in 2017, surpassing other states struggling with the opioid crisis including Ohio and Pennsylvania, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The state has struggled to combat an addiction epidemic fueled by illicit substances as well as an influx of prescription opioids. Hanna, 19, is the nation’s youngest black lawmaker and was elected to West Virginia’s House of Delegates District 44 in November after defeating Democratic incumbent Dana Lynch. “I always knew that I was not satisfied with the leadership I was getting within my own house district,” Hanna told The Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview Thursday. “I told myself if I ever had my opportunity to take that, I would give it my shot.” Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] 19-Year-Old State Lawmaker Makes Trump An Offer To Fund The Border Wall is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• 'There Is No Border Crisis,' Says Jim Acosta As Several Immigrants Fling Themselves Over Rio Grande Via Catapult

MCALLEN, TX—In a video posted to Twitter last week, CNN journalist Jim Acosta showed his audience how serene and peaceful the border town was, proving there is no border crisis, all while a family of migrants flung themselves over the border using a catapult in the background. The post 'There Is No Border Crisis,' Says Jim Acosta As Several Immigrants Fling Themselves Over Rio Grande Via Catapult appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.