The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Absentminded KJV-Only Believer Still Writing The Date As 1611

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Apostate Verses Believer

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame” (Heb 6:4-6).   It is essential for us to understand clearly from what these Hebrews might apostatize. Be it observed that there is no mention here of their having been born again, converted, justified, saved, having had the forgiveness of sins or eternal life. Of none who are declared to be in that position is there ever any doubt of their security, or any hint in the Word that after all they might apostatize, or be lost. On the contrary, the thought is carefully guarded against in Scripture. But as to these Hebrews:   They were “enlightened.” And “the true light lighteneth every man which cometh into the world” (Jhn 1:9); but that this is not necessarily saving knowledge is plain. There may be conviction where there is no conversion, as we see daily.   They had “tasted of the heavenly gift,” and “of the good Word of God.” But so had he who received seed upon the stony ground; he “immediately with joy received it.” We see that all too often. The Word is welcomed; it is not understood. Only “he who received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the Word and understandeth it” (Mat 13:23). It is possible thus to have a false peace, and to find joy in the Gospel, which after all has never been apprehended savingly by the soul, and has never brought forth fruit in it at all.   Further, they “were made partakers of the Holy Spirit,” and had tasted of “the powers of the world to come.” This last expression refers to miraculous power, and the “world to come” is literally the “coming age.” Here, as elsewhere, it refers to the millennium, when the signs and wonders which signaled the early days of Christianity will be resumed. The prophet Joel (Acts 2:28, 29) witnesses of this; and his prophecy the apostle Peter could take up at Pentecost, and apply to what God did by His Spirit at that time. Yet the prophecy itself, however much it might take in Pentecost, goes on to the restoration of Israel in the millennial kingdom.   Miracles could therefore fitly be called “powers of the coming age.” But we have the Lord’s assurance that men might thus be “partakers of the Holy Spirit”—and yet after all He might say to them, “I never knew you” (Mat 7:22, 23). It is clear therefore that in this since they might be “partakers of the Holy Spirit” and yet be lost. The Spirit crying “Abba, Father,” in us is another matter. Those who are thus “sealed by the Holy Spirit” until the day of promise” are “sealed unto the day of redemption” (Eph 1:13; 4:30). In this case therefore there is no possibility of being lost.   But these Hebrews here described were in danger of stopping short of Christ, and by going back to the ranks of those who crucified Him, they would have “crucified to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to open shame.” It is open apostasy that is in question, going back to Judaism out of which they had come, and what hope could there for such?   - F W Grant  

in General Faith

• KJVOnly: Words deleted?

This is addressed to any staunch KJVOnlyist that insist the new versions delete important words from the Bible to demean God and/or show disrespect to the Person of Christ. Please read and answer each question I have below from the following verses.   John 14:14
      NASB: If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.
      KJV: If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. Question: Why is the "Me" removed from the KJV when it is a powerful evidence for the fact that the Lord Jesus is God in that He is the proper recipient of prayer?   Acts 24:24 NASB: But some days later Felix arrived with Drusilla, his wife who was a Jewess, and sent for Paul and heard him speak about faith in Christ Jesus. KJV: And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ. Question: Why is "Jesus" removed from the KJV?   Romans 8:11 NASB: But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. KJV: But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Question: Why is the second usage of "Jesus" removed from the KJV?   Romans 11:22 NASB: Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. KJV: Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. Question: Why is "God's" removed from the KJV?   1 Corinthians 1:29 NASB: so that no man may boast before God. KJV: That no flesh should glory in his presence. Question: Why is "God" removed and replaced with a "his" instead?   1 Corinthians 6:11 NASB: Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. KJV: And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. Question: Why is "Christ" removed from the KJV?   Ephesians 3:6 NASB: to be specific, that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. KJV: That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel. Question:  Why is "Jesus" removed from the KJV?   James 4:12
      NASB: There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?
      KJV: There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? Question: Why is "Judge" removed from the KJV?   1 Peter 3:15 NASB: but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence. KJV: But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear. Question: Since we already have a passage about sanctifying the name of the Father as it relates to worship elsewhere (cf. Matthew 6:9), why is "Christ" removed from the KJV since this demonstrates that He, being God, is the proper recipient of worship?   Revelation 3:2 NASB: Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God.  KJV: Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Question: Why is "My" removed from the KJV?   Revelation 4:11 NASB: Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created. KJV: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Question: Why is "God" removed from the KJV?   Revelation 14:1 NASB: Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.
      KJV: And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. Question: Why is "His name" (in reference to the Son) removed from the KJV?

in Bible Inspiration and Translations

• Twitter Banned Her for Writing, ‘Women Aren’t Men’

Twitter has suspended the account of a Canadian feminist after she criticized a transgender activist and posted comments such as “Women aren’t men.” View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Hello, from a new believer, inquirer.

Hello, I just came out of the Roman Catholic Church. I was baptized as a baby and I grew up Catholic. Now, I am a new Bible believing Christian. I have inquired into Eastern Orthodoxy. I have also used ChristianForums. But I came here so there won't be any interruptions from people in the Catholic church and cults.  Most of my family is still Catholic and I live with my parents, who are Catholic.  I go to an Intraversity Bible study group at college. I'm hoping to be with a good fellowship of believers of Christians.             My hobbies are fishing, swimming, diving, watching anime, reading the Bible, and reading manga.   I also happen to have autism by the way.  

in Welcome Mat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.