The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Confirmed: People Who Comment 'First!' Shall Be Last In Kingdom Of Heaven

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Poll Finds Most People OK With Raising Taxes On Other People

U.S.—In a stunning new poll, Americans indicated they are OK with a 70% marginal tax rate, indicating that since the hefty taxes would only apply to other people and not themselves, they are alright with the extremely high taxes. The post Poll Finds Most People OK With Raising Taxes On Other People appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Robert Jeffress Disappointed To Learn Heaven's Wall Won't Keep All Democrats Out

DALLAS, TX—Upon reading through the biblical description of the New Jerusalem Monday morning, Pastor Robert Jeffress was reportedly disappointed to discover that there was nothing indicating the heavenly city's wall would include security measures to keep Democrats from entering. The post Robert Jeffress Disappointed To Learn Heaven's Wall Won't Keep All Democrats Out appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Why people do not believe in Christ

Jesus in John  5 explains why. It is because His word does not dwell in them, for He has not given them to know God and Christ by making them born of God. John 5::21 "For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will." Luke 10:22 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.”   and so then v40, they refuse to come to Christ so that they might have life. People in their natural state refuse Christ. The natural state is not of the Father, as they have not been born of God, they are alive only in their flesh.  Flesh gives life to flesh and Spirit to spirit. John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’    And they can not be saved as they do not seek the glory that comes from the one true God, meaning they really don't care or want anything to do with Christ. No one wants anything to do with Christ, unless they are first born of God.     36 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me.  37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,  38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.  39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.   41 “I do not accept glory from human beings, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.  43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.  44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? 45 “But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.  46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.  47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?

in Soteriology and Reformation Theology

• Is Reddit a bad forum site for religious people to be at?

Hi. my names Dennis from sweden and im new to this forum. Since i turned 14, i considered myself as a christian. although i would say im more of a agnostic theist than a gnostic theist since im not 100%.     I've heard from a guy some years ago that big forums like reddit are bad for religious people because everyone there are hostile towards religion while religious people are a minority.    I dont know anything about reddit apart thats its a regular forum where you can talk about anything, similar to the swedish forum Flashback but is it true that Reddit are dominated by antitheists?   Im been exposed to antitheism by watching some of their videos on youtube like some guy named darkmatter or something that ends up insulting any religious people by classifying them as stupid or delusional, it sickens me how their subs applause them for it and it disgusts me just like any other intolerant movements.   Is there any religious people who can share their experience with reddit?

in Off Topic Discussion

• Ultra-Spiritual Christian Reminds Followers That God's Kingdom Never Has A Government Shutdown

VENICE BEACH, CA—Local ultra-spiritual Christian Bryan Hanover reminded his followers Thursday that God's kingdom never has a government shutdown. The post Ultra-Spiritual Christian Reminds Followers That God's Kingdom Never Has A Government Shutdown appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.