The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Israel's Foreign Ministry Launches Protest after Jordanian Spokeswoman Steps on Israeli Flag

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Youth Ministry Is Not Just a Stepping Stone

I once interviewed for two ministry positions at the same time—a youth pastor role and a senior pastor role. I ended up pursuing the youth position, understanding it as the best fit in that season. When I tell people, I get a variety of responses from a simple “Great!” to “Why don’t you want to be a senior pastor?” A common misunderstanding about youth pastors is that they’re training for the higher-ranking position of lead pastor. While it’s true many pastors once worked with youth, the two roles are distinct. Senior pastors who’ve previously served as youth pastors can provide encouragement and understanding. They can also channel their experience into unrealistic expectations, perhaps beginning with the refrain, “Back when I was a youth pastor . . .” The implication of such responses is that the youth pastor role isn’t true ministry; only those who have the title of senior or lead pastor hold that distinction. All Gifts Equally Valuable Thankfully, God doesn’t distinguish. In 1 Corinthians 12:12–27 Paul uses parts of the body to illustrate God’s people needing one another. Each person within the body of Christ is valuable and helps the church function. No part is inadequate or indispensable. While Paul may suggest a difference in role for church members, he makes clear that everyone is needed: God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. (1 Cor. 12:24–27) Youth pastors should be seen as a valuable part of the body. God places us in a unique position to minister to children, young people, and their families. We’re part of the wider church seeking to serve those in a particular demographic, those with particular questions about faith and unique struggles as they move through adolescence into adulthood. The youth pastor—especially those who are part of a pastoral team—seeks to fulfill his ministry to students through the same lens as the lead pastor. Their goals are largely the same: to serve, to teach the Scriptures, and to present everyone mature in Christ. Encourage and Champion First Timothy 3 outlines the qualifications for all pastoral leaders, which includes (I believe) modern youth pastors. When we view and treat the youth pastor role as a mere stepping stone to senior ministry, we do a disservice to the body of Christ in at least four ways. 1. It minimizes the importance of ministry to young people. Staff members who have a pastoral role work hard at teaching God’s Word and shepherding those under their care. The youth pastor helps families, recognizing that the primary role of spiritual guidance and teaching belongs to parents. In this age of loneliness and confusion, the importance of having another mature adult walk alongside young people can’t be overstated. 2. It pressures youth pastors to look for the next thing. The youth pastor in your church already puts immense pressure on himself. Adding expectations about moving up the church ladder doesn’t lower the pressure; it leaves him feeling more insecure about his value and place. Encourage your youth pastor by letting him know you deeply appreciate him and his work. 3. It says youth pastors should only be around for a short time. It’s been estimated that youth pastors stay about 18 months at a given church. I hope this isn’t true, though anecdotal evidence suggests it is. When a youth pastor is asked questions about eventually becoming a senior pastor, he often falls into the trap of accepting short tenures. How great are the ministries of those who have stayed and faithfully taught the Scriptures, who have rejoiced at conversions and baptisms, and who have participated in marriage ceremonies. Let’s encourage and champion long-term youth ministry. 4. It fails to appreciate individual gifts for ministry. As I was interviewing for those two positions, I knew youth ministry was my passion and calling. While being a senior pastor is appealing in certain ways, the issue is one of the heart: Am I seeking a name on the door or a title on a business card? Once we’ve dealt with our own pride and popularity-seeking, there’s still the issue of the gifts and desires a sovereign God has chosen to give. This is something I wrestle with, and no doubt other youth pastors do, too. The next time you speak with a youth pastor, encourage him in his gifting and calling. He is a vital part of the mission, service, and ministry of Christ’s church. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Mobs Of Women Protest Nation's Logging Companies For Equal Work

U.S.—According to multiple sources across the country, thousands of women came out today to protest gender discrimination at the nation's logging companies. The post Mobs Of Women Protest Nation's Logging Companies For Equal Work appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• When did Jesus begin his ministry?

Jesus was born during the reign of Caesar Augustus, and maybe two or three years before the death of Herod.  This puts his birth year in 7 BC or 6 BC.  He began his ministry when he was about thirty (Luke 3: 23), which would be about the year 23 AD or 24 AD.   But the ministry of Jesus was preceded by that of John, which began in the fifteenth year or the reign of Tiberius (Luke 3: 1&2) – either 28 AD or 29 AD.   So I am wondering: In which year did Jesus begin his ministry?  Also, in which year was he crucified?

in New Testament

• Another Women’s March Chapter Cancels Protest After Anti-Semitism Controversy

By Joe Simonson - A planned demonstration in New Orleans has been canceled by the Louisiana Chapter of the liberal organization Women’s March, citing recent accusations of anti-Semitism by the group’s founders. The protest, initially planned for Jan. 19, is the latest casualty following shocking reporting that some of the most senior members of Women’s March discussed conspiracy theories about Jews and had close ties to the radical Nation of Islam. Rather than go ahead with the New Orleans protest, organizers said they will instead embark on a “listening tour” throughout the state. Leaders of the Louisiana chapter also said the anti-Semitism controversy potentially hampered their fundraising efforts. Normal costs for such protests, organizers said, total over $12,000. Their latest months-long fundraising campaign raised a mere $600. Over 10,000 people joined the first New Orleans Women’s March in 2017. “It is important for everyone to reach out into our local communities and find ways to get involved in the meantime,” a statement from the group on Facebook said. “There are many advocacy groups doing great work in our state that should be supported with your time and money.” Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] Another Women’s March Chapter Cancels Protest After Anti-Semitism Controversy is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

• Iran’s Upcoming Space Launches Defy U.N. Security Council Resolution

By R. Mitchell - The Iranian Regime’s Ministry of Defense has publicly announced plans to launch three Space Launch Vehicles (SLV) in the coming months in clear violation of UN Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 2231, which calls upon the Iranian regime not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons. This action includes launching SLVs, which incorporate technology that is virtually identical to that used in intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) and could demonstrate Iran’s ability to reach the United States. The Iranian regime has launched ballistic missiles numerous times since UNSCR 2231 was adopted and continues to do so. On December 1, the Iranian regime test-fired a medium-range ballistic missile capable of carrying multiple warheads, and the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Force later said that Iran tests 40 to 50 ballistic missiles every year. The United States has continuously cautioned that ballistic missile and SLV launches by the Iranian regime have a destabilizing effect on the region and beyond. France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and many nations from around the world have also expressed deep concern. The Iranian regime is the world’s foremost state sponsor of terror and has proliferated missiles and related technology to its proxies around the Middle East, further flouting UNSCR 2231. The United States will not stand by and watch the Iranian regime’s destructive policies place international stability and security at risk. We advise the regime to reconsider these provocative launches and cease all activities related to ballistic missiles in order to avoid deeper economic and diplomatic isolation. Source: U.S. Department of State
      Content created by Conservative Daily News is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements. Iran’s Upcoming Space Launches Defy U.N. Security Council Resolution is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more. View the original full article

in Political Conservative News

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.