The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Goth Explorer

I study The Bible and play guitar.

Staff
1 hour ago, Goth Explorer said:

I live in England, work on a calling floor, and sometimes study The Bible in my spare time.

My username is the name of a guitar.  I own four guitars.

Welcome and hello GE

Staff

Welcome Goth Explorer!

Staff
3 hours ago, Goth Explorer said:

My username is the name of a guitar.  I own four guitars.

Here's my recent inheritance. I'm keeping both the Telecaster and Stratocaster. Took two head units (tubes) and one cabinet to the local music shop and sold them. Kept one head unit and cabinet to myself. I don't really play but plan to soon as I move into my own house:

20180515_111003.jpg

20180515_111014.jpg

20180515_111024.jpg

20180516_115416.jpg

20180516_115425.jpg

20180516_115431.jpg

Staff
Just now, William said:

Here's my recent inheritance. I'm keeping both the Telecaster and Stratocaster. Took two head units (tubes) and one cabinet to the local music shop and sold them. Kept one head unit and cabinet to myself. I don't really play but plan to soon as I move into my own house:

20180515_111003.jpg

20180515_111014.jpg

20180515_111024.jpg

20180516_115416.jpg

20180516_115425.jpg

20180516_115431.jpg

:classic_biggrin:

Staff

Staff

I like Stevie Ray Vaughan. He's so dreamy! Ck how his insane warmup. When I sold the equipment to the music store they partially traded me an overdrive unit so I could get this sound. After the anthem watch his INSANE WARMUP!!! Listen 1.05 seconds into it and on wards.

Staff
1 minute ago, Becky said:

OHHHHHH Becky!!!!!  I know all there is to know about old school country music.  I lived in Nashville TN all my life (except for my time in the Army).

Staff

When Stevie performed at one concert the callouses from the tips of his fingers came off. So he super glued them back on and finished the concert. INSANE!

Staff
1 minute ago, William said:

When Stevie performed at one concert the callouses from the tips of his fingers came off. So he super glued them back on and finished the concert. INSANE!

Staff

Acoustic Stevie

Staff
1 minute ago, Origen said:

Love that song.

Here's my favorite to blast over a professional system I put together for years in the house:

I hate our living room, this apartment so please excuse the "blue" carpet. This is about 3000 watts of continuous power. I actually finished the speaker cabinets in my apartment because I haven't a garage. They each house 2 8" woofers and compression tweeter. Couple those with Klipsch center channel with 4 6.5" and 1 compression tweeter, 2 12" each with 650 watt bash amp and an Emotiva amp which produces 2000 watts.

I can't crank it because of the people upstairs. I can't wait to get a living room with stone tile floors for that reflection:

20171016_173916.jpg

IMG_6731.JPG

IMG_6733.JPG

IMG_6734.JPG

IMG_6735.JPG

Staff

you need another remote 

Staff

you need another remote 

Just got a nifty one a couple of months ago. Made by Logitech, you plug it into the computer and download the right settings from a directory over a hundred thousand pieces of equipment. Yay, one remote to work everything for the first time in my life. It is even rechargeable through the USB.

Staff

I should have known   :classic_tongue:

• Yay 1

Staff

Turning into a guitar thread. John Mayer:

Staff

I'm a 90s guy by heart, music wise. My most favorite song and video. Absolutely love Scott's Lyrics (TOTAL DEPRAVITY) and the guitar playing. Wish Creed would get back together:

Best Christian band not playing in the Christian genre, EVA!

Staff

My personal favorite

Staff

image.thumb.png.47e9335b182de49fb52af01d226e132f.png

Staff

I saw Elvis twice.

Staff

I liked him best when he was setting the music standard instead of following .. His gospel music is wonderful

• Like 1

Staff
1 hour ago, Origen said:

OHHHHHH Becky!!!!!  I know all there is to know about old school country music.  I lived in Nashville TN all my life (except for my time in the Army).

Patsy ... Faded love 

Hello Goth Explorer, welcome to Christforums. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif.a2daa490776028f103fca81865d73d12.gif

079f0551165fa6aca5702fdfa65b588e.gif

• Like 1

Staff
17 hours ago, Becky said:

I saw the king!

• Like 1

I have an interesting story about this. It was 1969, and we were coming home to California from vacation that included stops in Texas, Nashville (Opryland) and Oklahoma. My first wife's folks lived in the last stop. We planned to come by Vegas and catch an Elvis show there because my wife was really a fan. By the time we got there I was sick and running a high fever, so I stayed in the Motel room. I insisted my wife and two of her cousins and her grandma, that were with us, go ahead and take in the show. I missed my chance. She said it was a dinner show and was really nice.  :RpS_thumbdn:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1