The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Bill Taylor

I Do Not Lack

23 YHWH is my shepherd; I do not lack.

He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.

He turns back my being.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.YHWH s my shepherd; I do not lack.

When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You spread before me a table
in the face of my enemies;
you have anoined my head with oil;
my cup runs over.

Only goodness and kindness follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of YHWH
to the length of days.

Some might need to forgive me but I like the HSV of the Bible and it has reminde me of a young soldier I once knew that wanted both to be respected as much as he respected others and always tried to properly enunciate the names of others as pronounced in their native tonYHWH s my shepherd; I do not lack.gues. i.e. YHWH had and has no vowels. Clues for those that care: all Hs in Paleo Hebrew have a very hard K Sound with an exasperating cuuuh on the end like unto Bach when a German says it. And that lone W between the Hs. Just as Volkswagon is properly enunciated with two v sounds, so is the W in our Elohim’s Proper Name.

Verse one has been my life verse in the KJV. Now that I have grown close enough to Ruah, the Holy Spirit, that I try never to forget to seek His guidence before I leap into bottomless pits and I do remember to repent and to ask forgiveness when I ignore (quench) Ruah and His guidence.

Without a YHWH taught Theological Position, this first verse can be a real head spinner. “YHWH is my shepherd; I do not lack.” For some, living underneath Mount Fiero in Guatemala with it errupting to some extemt, every month might have a bit of a rough time seeing YHWH’s blessings and yet my good friend Jeff Mills, with his wife, daughter, son-in-law and grandson.

Jeff and Christianna are at peace with themselves through Yashuah ha’Mashiah and though finding the odors of Fiero repulsive, they are happy and feel safe under a volcano in the home Nation of monsters such as MS13. And because I suffer the adventures of my youth and hurt, some days, so bad I do not want to move, some believe I am not blessed. But people, really, should do a study of the oldest book of the Bible. Like Job, if I can accept the good things of our Elohim, God), should I not be willing to accept the good lessons learned through the Troubles my Elohim permits for education and tempering?

• Like 1

Staff

@Bill Taylor you are both blessed and a blessing. ❤️