Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
theophilus

Spam attacks on CARM

Recommended Posts

I recently logged on to the CARM forum and found this post.

 

Quote

SPAM Emergency

09-18-18, 08:30 PM

Please bear with us and pray for the situation. I post here because it is closed to the spammers, and cults, who may wish to do CARM harm

We are awash with spam. This AM another mod and myself had to delete 12+ pages of spam. When I first signed in this AM. I had 619 messages, now, in the evening, I have 724; most of them are spam.

Please pass that news along to other Evangelical Christians, telling them to not let non-Christians know. Drastic actions may need to happen, so be prepared for anything

CARM is an excellent site that provides a lot of good information about Christianity and apologetics.  We need to pray that they will find a way to defend themselves against these spam attacks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow that is a popular site.  They are being attacked by a cult it sounds like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, CDF47 said:

Wow that is a popular site.  They are being attacked by a cult it sounds like.

This isn't the first time they have been attacked.  In the past hackers have attacked their forum and succeeded in shutting it down.

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, theophilus said:

This isn't the first time they have been attacked.  In the past hackers have attacked their forum and succeeded in shutting it down.

Really...I wonder if it is a cult doing this or atheists.  They mentioned cult in the OP so that is what I am guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Really...I wonder if it is a cult doing this or atheists.  They mentioned cult in the OP so that is what I am guessing.

Because they stand for the truth of the Bible CARM has a lot of enemies.  Some are atheists and some are members of cults.  Their attackers have nothing in common with each other except for the fact that they are agents of Satan.

Share this post


Link to post
Staff

Seems that you fellas are pointing out their member base rather than the spammers. What makes anyone think the spammers which resulted in 12+ pages of spam were actually human and not spam bots from China?

 

This isn't anything new for CARM, maybe the overall amount or volume of spam was new but I have frequented their forum in the past and noticed spam bots active in the late hours of the night.

 

Really, this kinda thing falls in the lap of what most sites describe as a Site Admin but we refer to as the duty of Webmaster.

 

Several steps can be taken in order to prevent this kinda thing from happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, theophilus said:

Because they stand for the truth of the Bible CARM has a lot of enemies.  Some are atheists and some are members of cults.  Their attackers have nothing in common with each other except for the fact that they are agents of Satan.

I see.  So it is a mix of both.

4 hours ago, William said:

Seems that you fellas are pointing out their member base rather than the spammers. What makes anyone think the spammers which resulted in 12+ pages of spam were actually human and not spam bots from China?

 

This isn't anything new for CARM, maybe the overall amount or volume of spam was new but I have frequented their forum in the past and noticed spam bots active in the late hours of the night.

 

Really, this kinda thing falls in the lap of what most sites describe as a Site Admin but we refer to as the duty of Webmaster.

 

Several steps can be taken in order to prevent this kinda thing from happening.

Not sure.  I was just basing my comments on the article which mentioned cults and spammers attacking the site.  

Edited by CDF47

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.