The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Grafted Branch

Temple sacrifices during the tribulation

On 11/2/2018 at 8:43 AM, Becky said:

The above belief is so very disrespectful of the Cross of Christ .

The sacrifices offered in the Tribulation temple will be offered by those who make no profession of believing in Christ.  The sacrifices offered during the Millennium will be intended to remind people of what Christ did and will not diminish belief in the Cross in any way.

Staff
Just now, theophilus said:

The sacrifices offered in the Tribulation temple will be offered by those who make no profession of believing in Christ.  The sacrifices offered during the Millennium will be intended to remind people of what Christ did and will not diminish belief in the Cross in any way.

The simple fact that you compare the blood of goats to the Blood of Christ in any form proves the diminishing of the Cross. 

Heb 9:11  But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 
Heb 9:12  Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 
Heb 9:13  For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 
Heb 9:14  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 

I have had my say on this you are welcome to embrace the blood of bulls and goats your choice as a dispensationalist. 

Staff
2 hours ago, theophilus said:

The sacrifices offered during the Millennium will be intended to remind people of what Christ did and will not diminish belief in the Cross in any way.

Sure that makes sense. :classic_rolleyes: :classic_blink:  During the 1000 year physical rule of Christ here on Earth (where everyone can see and hear Him) animal sacrifice will be needed to remind people of Christ sacrifice?????  Did all the Bible in the world cease to exist?????   Are people so stupid seeing for themselves Christ's physical rule upon the Earth they forgot?  Is Christ's physical presents not enough for them to know what he did for them?

15 minutes ago, Becky said:

The simple fact that you compare the blood of goats to the Blood of Christ in any form proves the diminishing of the Cross. 

Heb 9:11  But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 
Heb 9:12  Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 
Heb 9:13  For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 
Heb 9:14  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 

I have had my say on this you are welcome to embrace the blood of bulls and goats your choice as a dispensationalist. 

I said that the blood of bulls and goats does not take away sin but is a picture of what Jesus did.  That is exactly what the Bible teaches.

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

Sure that makes sense. :classic_rolleyes: :classic_blink:  During the 1000 year rule of Christ here on Earth animal sacrifice will be need to remind people of Christ sacrifice?????  Did all the Bible in the world cease to exist?????   Are people so stupid seeing for themselves Christ's physical rule upon the Earth they forget?

Those who are born during the Millennium will have the save sinful nature that those born today have.  Don't forget that when Satan is released at the end of the Millennium a great multitude will follow him.

Staff

I said that the blood of bulls and goats does not take away sin but is a picture of what Jesus did.  That is exactly what the Bible teaches.

Those who are born during the Millennium will have the save sinful nature that those born today have.  Don't forget that when Satan is released at the end of the Millennium a great multitude will follow him.

Your reply did not address my point.  During the 1000 year physical rule of Christ here on Earth (where everyone can see and hear Him) animal sacrifice will be needed to remind people of Christ sacrifice?????  Did all the Bible in the world cease to exist?????   Are people so stupid seeing for themselves Christ's physical rule upon the Earth they forgot?  Is Christ's physical presents not enough for them to know what he did for them?

1 minute ago, Origen said:

Is Christ's physical presents not enough for them to know what he did for them?

Many who saw Christ while he was on earth rejected him.  Human nature will be just the same during the Millennium.

Staff

Many who saw Christ while he was on earth rejected him.  Human nature will be just the same during the Millennium.

Rejecting him while he was on Earth is one thing, being reminded of what did he while He physically rules from Jerusalem (after He has returned) is another.  It makes zero sense.

Again I asked the same questions.  During the 1000 year physical rule of Christ here on Earth (where everyone can see and hear Him) animal sacrifice will be needed to remind people of Christ sacrifice?????  Did all the Bible in the world cease to exist?????   Are people so stupid seeing for themselves Christ's physical rule upon the Earth they forgot?  Is Christ's physical presents not enough for them to know what he did for them?

Staff
On 11/3/2018 at 8:22 AM, theophilus said:

The sacrifices offered during the Millennium will be intended to remind people of what Christ did and will not diminish belief in the Cross in any way.

How would animal sacrifices serve as a better reminder than the scars of the scouring, nails, and spear which pierced Jesus during the crucifixion?

I'm also curious about the rewards a people may receive which never participated in the great commission but rather opposed it, and continued in contrary theology which led to the physical crucifixion. Jesus' scars are inferior to animal sacrifices?

Staff
On 11/3/2018 at 10:38 AM, Origen said:

Rejecting him while he was on Earth is one thing, being reminded of what did he while He physically rules from Jerusalem (after He has returned) is another.  It makes zero sense.

Again I asked the same questions.  During the 1000 year physical rule of Christ here on Earth (where everyone can see and hear Him) animal sacrifice will be needed to remind people of Christ sacrifice?????  Did all the Bible in the world cease to exist?????   Are people so stupid seeing for themselves Christ's physical rule upon the Earth they forgot?  Is Christ's physical presents not enough for them to know what he did for them?

I have a feeling that God will not allow His saint's knees to buckle before the man in such an earthly physical temple where these sacrifices are being performed. 

• Like 1

Staff
16 minutes ago, William said:

I have a feeling that God will not allow His saint's knees to buckle before the man in such physical temple where these sacrifices are being performed. 

👍  It really makes no sense.  All one has to do is think about it.  Christ Jesus is physically present and ruling on Earth from Jerusalem.  His scars, as you have pointed out, visible to all.  The world can see and hear Him.  Christ has returned just as He said proving beyond all doubt His claims.  Everyone knows who He is.

Yet animal sacrifices are needed to remind people of Christ's ultimate sacrifice.

WHAT?

• Like 1

Staff
14 minutes ago, Origen said:

👍  It really makes no sense.  All one has to do is think about it.  Christ Jesus is physically present and ruling on Earth from Jerusalem.  His scars, as you have pointed out, visible to all.  The world can see and hear Him.  Christ has returned just as He said proving beyond all doubt His claims.  They know who He is.

Yet animal sacrifices are needed to remind people of Christ's ultimate sacrifice.

WHAT?

Dare I say that if that day comes, in fear and trembling God does not allow me to take a knee, and profess that man of lawlessness. Really puts the early reformer's understanding of the antichrist into perspective, his two horns being the Pope and Muhammad which erect earthly temples and place themselves in it to be worshipped. You are absolutely right, the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up if I were to witness sacrifices being offered to a man in an earthly temple. 

There are so many theological implications that I'd question whether soteriology even exists. I suspect that this may indeed occur if the tribulation is that horrible. Thankfully for the sake of the elect the tribulation will be cut short. 

I am reminded that everyone not written in the lamb's book of life will worship the beast. God forbid His saints let another god roll from off the tip of their tongue, despite the derision and delusion upon everyone that is damned in their unrighteousness. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 8:22 AM, theophilus said:

The sacrifices offered in a future "Tribulation" temple will be stopped by a future man of sin, aka Antichrist, 2 Thess 2:3

There will be no future 1000 year kingdom on earth, as Jesus Christ returns in the "Final Judgment" of all on the last day, eternal kingdom, lake of fire

Jesus Christ dose'nt return to start a 1000 year Millennial Kingdom On earth, he returns in "Final Judgment" The End!

You don't want to acknowledge verse 46 below, "Life Eternal"

Verses 31-32 Jesus Christ returns with the angels, the final judgment us set.

Verse 34 The "Eternal Kingdom" is presented to the righteous.

Verse 41 The wicked are judged to the eternal lake of fire.

Verse 46 The righteous obtain "Eternal Life" and enter the eternal kingdom in verse 34

Matthew 25:31-46KJV

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Edited by Truth7t7

21 hours ago, Origen said:

Everyone will know that Christ died for their sins but perhaps those born during the tribulation will find it hard to understand what death is.  We live in a world of death so we have no problem understanding the concept.  During the Millennium death will be rare and perhaps some will go through life without encountering it.  Seeing animals sacrificed might be the only thing that enables them to understand it.

Staff
3 hours ago, theophilus said:

Everyone will know that Christ died for their sins but perhaps those born during the tribulation will find it hard to understand what death is. 

"Perhaps"???  It is unthinkable to believe that they could be unaware of Christ sacrifice given the fact CHRIST IS RULING FROM JERUSALEM HERE ON EARTH.   That makes zero sense.   Could they not do what every Christian has done since Christ ascended to heaven and read a Bible?  Would not reading the book of Hebrews tell them everything they need to know concerning how Christ Jesus superiority to the old covenant in every way?  That is the way I did.  I did not need an animal sacrifice to remind me.  Why would they, given the fact that Christ Himself is living among them still carrying the scars he received here on Earth, need to reminder?  Is not His physical presence not enough?  Are not His visible wounds not a reminded?  Cound they not simply read a Bible?  Such a view concerning animal sacrifices is irrevocably flawed logically, biblically, and theologically.

Staff
1 hour ago, Origen said:

It is unthinkable to believe that they could be unaware of Christ sacrifice given the fact CHRIST IS RULING FROM JERUSALEM HERE ON EARTH.

Even that has a theological implication. Acceptance of Jesus by empirical evidence/knowledge rather than by grace through faith. 

Reminds me of Thomas, Jesus said Thomas had seen, but blessed those that have not seen and believed (faith). 

Such theological perspective supports agnosticism.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

9 hours ago, theophilus said:

Everyone will know that Christ died for their sins but perhaps those born during the tribulation will find it hard to understand what death is.  We live in a world of death so we have no problem understanding the concept.  During the Millennium death will be rare and perhaps some will go through life without encountering it.  Seeing animals sacrificed might be the only thing that enables them to understand it.

Not one scripture in the Holy Bible supports a 1000 year kingdom on this earth, where Jesus Christ sits on a throne in Jerusalem while human bodies die around him, not one

Jesus Christ The Eternal God, Mortician And Funeral Director?

"Really"?

Edited by Truth7t7

5 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

"Really"?

Right. Probably it won't be like that.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, William said:

Even that has a theological implication. Acceptance of Jesus by empirical evidence/knowledge rather than by grace through faith. 

Reminds me of Thomas, Jesus said Thomas had seen, but blessed those that have not seen and believed (faith). 

Such theological perspective supports agnosticism.

You still have to have faith that Christ can save you. It is not faith that Christ exists. Many people believe Christ existed, but they have to have faith that He can save them. After all, the thief on the cross was saved. Did he not have to have faith because he physically saw Jesus?

Staff
3 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

You still have to have faith that Christ can save you. It is not faith that Christ exists. Many people believe Christ existed, but they have to have faith that He can save them. After all, the thief on the cross was saved. Did he not have to have faith because he physically saw Jesus?

More or less than Thomas? Thomas knew Jesus existed, and was before the risen Lord. He believed because he had seen. Do you think there's a theological implication if someone today says they will not believe until they see or touch the risen Lord when He returns?

I knew some modern gnostics that state exactly that, and I'm wondering why any Jew today would feel a sense of any urgency if that is orthodox soteriology.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:22 PM, Truth7t7 said:

Not one scripture in the Holy Bible supports a 1000 year kingdom on this earth, where Jesus Christ sits on a throne in Jerusalem while human bodies die around him, not one

"Really"?

Where does Gog die in revelation 20?