The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Truth7t7

Does Revelation 20:1-6 Represent A Human Kingdom On This Earth For 1000 Years?

41 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Yes, a remnant. Notice this is not ethnic Israel. Still a distinction.

Yes, so still a distinction between the Nation of Israel and the Church. Thank you for proving my point.

The verses below are giving distinction to 2 groups of Jews within "Ethnic Israel" 

Those that are chosen by Grace to salvation, and those that blinded and no chosen

Your claim that the verses draw a distinction between Ethnic National Israel and Church are unfounded.

Romans 11:5-7KJV

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

1 hour ago, Truth7t7 said:

Matthew 25:31-46 clearly shows the return of Jesus Christ aofnd "Final Judgment" a parable of the Great White Throne judgment.

Actually, I would not put this in the category parable. That being said, yes it shows the return of Christ and the Final judgment. I never disputed that.

You in your private interpretation insert a 1000 year time period into the parable that isn't seen, allowing for a time on earth in a Millennium?

It isn't seen if you isolate a part Scripture from the whole, no. 

You will closely note in verses 32-33 that the parable opens with Judgment as the sheep and goats are divided, and ends in judgment "Of The Same" "Eternal Punishment" "Life Eternal" in verse 46, no 1000 year period is seen inbetween as you claim. 

There is also nothing there that would preclude 1,000 years. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

There is no 1000 year time gap between verse 23 and 24

How do you know? You don't based on the passage. It doesn't deal with time, it gives order of events, it does not say how long it takes for them to take place.

Matthew 25:31-46 clearly shows the return of Jesus Christ aofnd "Final Judgment" a parable of the Great White Throne judgment.

Actually, I would not put this in the category parable. That being said, yes it shows the return of Christ and the Final judgment. I never disputed that.

You in your private interpretation insert a 1000 year time period into the parable that isn't seen, allowing for a time on earth in a Millennium?

You will closely note in verses 32-33 that the parable opens with Judgment as the sheep and goats are divided, and ends in judgment "Of The Same" "Eternal Punishment" "Life Eternal" in verse 46, no 1000 year period is seen inbetween as you claim. 

There is also nothing there that would preclude 1,000 years. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

There is no 1000 year time gap between verse 23 and 24

How do you know? You don't based on the passage. It doesn't deal with time, it gives order of events, it does not say how long it takes for them to take place.

• Best Answer 1

24 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Thanks for your response, we have went full circle, we will strongly disagree.

You have taken Matthew 25:31-46 & 1 Corinthians 15:23-24 and inserted a 1000 year time period into scripture that isn't seen.

It's my opinion you insert this 1000 year period "Not Seen" to maintain a belief in a 1000 year period on earth where Jesus hangs out with mortal humans on this earth.

The scripture clearly teaches Jesus Returns In "Final Judgment" "Eternal Life And kingdom", with no 1000 year time period as you claim.

Matthew 25:31-46 is a parable, as sheep and goats represent humans/souls 

Just as the parable of fishes and nets and wheat and tares do.

The parables were spoken to basic laymen that were fishermen, herdsmen, and farmers.

Edited by Truth7t7

4 minutes ago, Truth7t7 said:

You have taken Matthew 25:31-46 & 1 Corinthians 15:23-24 and inserted a 1000 year time period into scripture that isn't seen.

It is seen in Revelation 20.  I am not isolating specific passages from the rest.

5 minutes ago, Truth7t7 said:

Matthew 25:31-46 is a parable, as sheep and goats represent humans/souls 

If it is a parable, then why are you trying to say it gives an exact timeline of events? You can't have it both ways. But it isn't a parable, nor does it give an exact timeline.

1 hour ago, davidtaylorjr said:

It is seen in Revelation 20.  I am not isolating specific passages from the rest.

Show one place in Revelation 20:1-6 where Jesus Christ is present on earth with humans, as you teach and believe?

Angel, heaven, devil, satan, the souls, the dead, God, Christ, 100% the Lords spiritual realm not on this earth?

Revelation 20 King James Version (KJV)

20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, davidtaylorjr said:

David, your last name, almost, means I must like you, LOL!  But I find the only thing I agree with without question is The Word of YHWH!  And it always pains me when Satan uses the Well Intentioned Efforts of Christians and Corkscrews the clear and undivided context of the scriptures with his perverted use of the Well Intentioned Man Made Chapters and Verses in the Holy Word.

I will never commit to always agreeing with you before we reside in The Fathers House together but you make, such, good points.  My view fyi;

The scriptures are of one Major Context beginning with, "In the beginning..." of Gen. 1 and endinng with the very last word of Rev. 22.  That context is of the Salvation of YHWH's Crowning Creation through Yashuah ha'Mashiah, Mankind, male and female!  There are many subtopics contained therein but they, every one of them, never change the Primary Context.

Uh, oh!  If that is not enough to drive the Modern Day Version, New Covenant and Modern Day New Testament Christian ¿Pastors? insane, any good Chain Referenced Bible illustrates for him or her that will look that the Bible Yashuah ha'Mashiah, Shaul and the Desciples taught from, the 24 books of the Hebrew Scriptures, a.k.a. the first 39 books of the Christian Version have remained the Bible.  The following 27 books, still scripture and equal to the first 24/39 in importance are the only 27 God Breathed/Inspired Life Application Commentaries on the Yashuah spoken (John 1:1-5) available to mankind.

Thank you for working to build your's and other's Faith in YHWH!