The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Truth7t7

Does Revelation 20:1-6 Represent A Human Kingdom On This Earth For 1000 Years?

1 hour ago, Revelation Ron said:

Show me where I ever called anyone a liar, so as to claim that I have is a baseless charge by you. I don't fuss with people so if that is your bag I will leave this site for good. I state a fact, God can not lie, so we should believe the plain and simple text wherever possible, as a preacher of over 30 years that is the first rule of teaching the scriptures. 

I could disagree with most every post you post but I don't bother because I sense you don't like me for whatever reason and so I just don't reply to you, but you trying to say I called someone a liar is a cheap shot and you shot just stop it. Jesus Christ died for our sins and gives us the spirit of love to one another, to claim someone is calling anyone else a liar because I stated God can't lie which is a basic tenant of Christianity is not only confusing is confounding. I have taught this for over 30 years and never heard anyone say that bringing forth the God can not lie argument is calling someone a liar, but you.

If you want me to leave just ask, I will, it's no big deal I share the Gospel on many, many sites, I have my win blog, youtube and Disqus sites. 

All that will happen is you will lose a guy that has spent many years studying about prophecy and who has been shown much by the grace of God via what these riddles mean. I don't mind a disagreement, but I get riled up when someone makes a bogus claim about me calling brothers or sisters liars, I would never do that and your interpretation of that is wrong and I think you know it's wrong. Remember, God knows our hearts.  

What I really sense is someone who lets a Mod position go to your head, and instead of allowing your Christian spirit t shine through you allow the power trip to overtake you. I don't play that nonsense, I will call you out and you can ban me like the mod I described, or maybe you can apologize to a servant of Jesus Christ who has spent his life helping others, for saying he called other people liars !! Alas, just ask me to leave if that is what you really want, that way you and 2 or 3 others can always be "RIGHT" on everything you say, eve when you are wrong. 

There is a 1000 year reign. I am out of here, now I see why this place is dead, you have a Mod on a power trip. I allow no one to dictate what I preach. 

Ok, while I agree with a lot of this post, you did go over the line by saying @Becky was a mod on a power trip.  I think it was a case of misunderstanding. I didn't read your other posts as calling anyone a liar, but if that is the way someone took it you should be sensitive to that and explain your position. Of course, that is what you started to do. But as soon as you accuse a moderator of being on a power trip then you ruin your entire argument by personally attacking someone.

Nobody is trying to dictate what you preach from what I can see. It was a misunderstanding.

Staff
1 hour ago, Revelation Ron said:

Show me where I ever called anyone a liar, so as to claim that I have is a baseless charge by you. I don't fuss with people so if that is your bag I will leave this site for good. I state a fact, God can not lie, so we should believe the plain and simple text wherever possible, as a preacher of over 30 years that is the first rule of teaching the scriptures. 

I could disagree with most every post you post but I don't bother because I sense you don't like me for whatever reason and so I just don't reply to you, but you trying to say I called someone a liar is a cheap shot and you shot just stop it. Jesus Christ died for our sins and gives us the spirit of love to one another, to claim someone is calling anyone else a liar because I stated God can't lie which is a basic tenant of Christianity is not only confusing is confounding. I have taught this for over 30 years and never heard anyone say that bringing forth the God can not lie argument is calling someone a liar, but you.

If you want me to leave just ask, I will, it's no big deal I share the Gospel on many, many sites, I have my win blog, youtube and Disqus sites. 

All that will happen is you will lose a guy that has spent many years studying about prophecy and who has been shown much by the grace of God via what these riddles mean. I don't mind a disagreement, but I get riled up when someone makes a bogus claim about me calling brothers or sisters liars, I would never do that and your interpretation of that is wrong and I think you know it's wrong. Remember, God knows our hearts.  

What I really sense is someone who lets a Mod position go to your head, and instead of allowing your Christian spirit t shine through you allow the power trip to overtake you. I don't play that nonsense, I will call you out and you can ban me like the mod I described, or maybe you can apologize to a servant of Jesus Christ who has spent his life helping others, for saying he called other people liars !! Alas, just ask me to leave if that is what you really want, that way you and 2 or 3 others can always be "RIGHT" on everything you say, eve when you are wrong. 

There is a 1000 year reign. I am out of here, now I see why this place is dead, you have a Mod on a power trip. I allow no one to dictate what I preach. 

"I allow no one to dictate what I preach"

Lemme get the door for you. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Revelation Ron said:

Nobody is dictating what you believe Ron, you stated 100's of prophecies are related to a 1000 year millennial?

Then you tied God not lying in relationship to your claim?

It is your opinion and belief there is a 1000 year earthly kingdom, however its my opinion and belief it isn't found in scripture.

Im sure you are very sincere in your belief, just as many are, however I and many persons would disagree with your belief and teaching.

Hope to see you around, take care.

Edited by Truth7t7

On 10/20/2018 at 3:00 PM, Truth7t7 said:

Jesus won't be hanging out with humans on earth, playing funeral director to mortals dying around him.

During the Millennium the only mortals who die will be those who are executed for violating God's laws.  The Bible says that Jesus will rule with a rod of iron.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theophilus said:

During the Millennium the only mortals who die will be those who are executed for violating God's laws.  The Bible says that Jesus will rule with a rod of iron.

Jesus Christ will rule the Nations with a "Rod Of Iron" in his second advent in the winepress and wrath of God as seen below, "The End"

Final judgment takes place at the return of Jesus Christ, eternity begins.

There will be no mortal 1000 year kingdom upon this earth.

"The Second Advent Below"

Revelation 19:11-16KJV

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

When Jesus Christ returns, the final judgment, eternal kingdom takes place as seen below.

Verses 31-32 Jesus returns with the angels, the judgment is set

Verse 34 the eternal kingdom is presented to the righteous

Verse 41 the wicked are judged to the eternal lake of fire.

Verse 46 the righteous obtain "eternal life" and enter the "eternal kingdom" in verse 34

Matthew 25:31-46KJV
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Edited by Truth7t7

On 10/22/2018 at 9:51 AM, Truth7t7 said:

Jesus Christ will rule the Nations with a "Rod Of Iron" in his second advent in the winepress and wrath of God as seen below, "The End"

Final judgment takes place at the return of Jesus Christ, eternity begins.

There will be no mortal 1000 year kingdom upon this earth.

Revelation 19:11-16KJV

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

When Jesus Christ returns, the final judgment, eternal kingdom takes place as seen below.

Verses 31-32 Jesus returns with the angels, the judgment is set

Verse 34 the eternal kingdom is presented to the righteous

Verse 41 the wicked are judged to the eternal lake of fire.

Verse 46 the righteous obtain "eternal life" and enter the "eternal kingdom" in verse 34

Matthew 25:31-46KJV
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Friend, I will tread softly, as softly as I can and still present the truth.  Some, it appears have already dealt with the truth of the 1,000 year reign of Peace found in Revelation 20:1-6;

20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

This all takes place on the Earth between the resurection of the Eternally Saved and the Resurrection of the Unsaved where and when they will stand the Great White Throne Judgement and begin the agony of the Second Death, the Eternal Spiritual Death.  If you fail to grasp these true tidbits of the Word of YHWH, I suggest you purchase a copy of the Nave's Topical Bible, it is very reasonably priced and do the Subject Bible Study on this and the related studies.

In the event you feel put upon to purchase a hard copy, you have a Computer and can download a free copy of e-Sword @ e-sword.net.  After the installation, go to the Tool Bar and click Downloads, select Dictionaries, scroll down to Naves, select it.  Then go to Downloads and click start.  I know not how old you are in the faith but the meat of the Word will be good for your mind.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 4:33 PM, Bill Taylor said:

Friend, I will tread softly, as softly as I can and still present the truth.  Some, it appears have already dealt with the truth of the 1,000 year reign of Peace found in Revelation 20:1-6;

20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

This all takes place on the Earth between the resurection of the Eternally Saved and the Resurrection of the Unsaved where and when they will stand the Great White Throne Judgement and begin the agony of the Second Death, the Eternal Spiritual Death.  If you fail to grasp these true tidbits of the Word of YHWH, I suggest you purchase a copy of the Nave's Topical Bible, it is very reasonably priced and do the Subject Bible Study on this and the related studies.

In the event you feel put upon to purchase a hard copy, you have a Computer and can download a free copy of e-Sword @ e-sword.net.  After the installation, go to the Tool Bar and click Downloads, select Dictionaries, scroll down to Naves, select it.  Then go to Downloads and click start.  I know not how old you are in the faith but the meat of the Word will be good for your mind.

Hi Bill thanks for the reply, I'm fully aware of the literal interpretation of Revelation 20:1-6?

As has been previously stated, there is no physical earthly kingdom seen in these verses, it represents the Lord's spiritual realm of "No Time"

Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ.

As was clearly shown in Matthew w5:31-46 when Jesus Christ returns, final judgme t will take place, in the eternal kingdom and lake of fire, there is no human earthly time beyond this return.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:09 PM, Truth7t7 said:

As has been previously stated, there is no physical earthly kingdom seen in these verses, it represents the Lord's spiritual realm of "No Time"

1,000 years seems to be a representation of time. Not really any other way to slice that pie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

1,000 years seems to be a representation of time. Not really any other way to slice that pie.

I do not believe it's a literal 1,000 years.  It represents the gospel going out to all the Earth.  The attack on the church is also mentioned when Satan is released from his pit after the 1,000 years.  I don't expect that Jesus will be on Earth for a 1,000 years with people dying all around him. 

Edited by CDF47

9 hours ago, CDF47 said:

I do not believe it's a literal 1,000 years.  It represents the gospel going out to all the Earth.  The attack on the church is also mentioned when Satan is released from his pit after the 1,000 years.  I don't expect that Jesus will be on Earth for a 1,000 years with people dying all around him. 

What is that based on though? Based on what you feel to be true or solid evidence? Do you believe Satan is bound and then released for a short time or is that figurative too? If it is figurative, what is that based on? If it is literal, why is the rest not literal?

1 hour ago, davidtaylorjr said:

What is that based on though? Based on what you feel to be true or solid evidence? Do you believe Satan is bound and then released for a short time or is that figurative too? If it is figurative, what is that based on? If it is literal, why is the rest not literal?

Jesus is not going to be on Earth with people dying around Him in my opinion based on my interpretation of Scripture.  Book of Revelation is often figurative and symbolic.  Satan's attack is his attack on the gospel and Church (corrupting it) with his armies that number the sand of the sea.  

Edited by CDF47

3 hours ago, CDF47 said:

Jesus is not going to be on Earth with people dying around Him in my opinion based on my interpretation of Scripture.  Book of Revelation is often figurative and symbolic.  Satan's attack is his attack on the gospel and Church (corrupting it) with his armies that number the sand of the sea.  

Ok, but what exactly is that based on? It's fine to say your interpretation of Scripture but that doesn't tell us anything.  Is Satan going to be bound and then released? Why could Christ not be here with death around Him? Who says that there is death around Him? Notice he was already here once with death around him.

23 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Ok, but what exactly is that based on? It's fine to say your interpretation of Scripture but that doesn't tell us anything.  Is Satan going to be bound and then released? Why could Christ not be here with death around Him? Who says that there is death around Him? Notice he was already here once with death around him.

Because when He returns He is returning in full glory to judge.  I think that is clear in Scripture.  I think it is also clear in Scripture that He will destroy the entire universe upon His return.  Below is good information on that:

WWW.WORDEXPLAIN.COM

The catastrophic and fiery destruction of the present heavens and earth.

Satan was bound until corruption crept back into the Church.  

There would have to be death around Him if He returns to this Earth for 1000 years.

3 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Because when He returns He is returning in full glory to judge.  I think that is clear in Scripture.  I think it is also clear in Scripture that He will destroy the entire universe upon His return.  Below is good information on that:

I think Revelation 20 disputes this. There will be at least 1,000 years of reign.

3 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Satan was bound until corruption crept back into the Church.  

How do we know there was a time when there was no corruption in the church? I would argue we see corruption in the church as early as Acts which was right from the beginning. So I reject that interpretation because it is based on a false premise.

4 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

There would have to be death around Him if He returns to this Earth for 1000 years.

Sorry, I was talking about eternal/spiritual death. Not physical death.  There is nothing to suggest what you are saying based on the text and you have yet to provide any evidence as such. Even the article you cited presumes a literal 1,000 year reign prior to the destruction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

I think Revelation 20 disputes this. There will be at least 1,000 years of reign.

How do we know there was a time when there was no corruption in the church? I would argue we see corruption in the church as early as Acts which was right from the beginning. So I reject that interpretation because it is based on a false premise.

Sorry, I was talking about eternal/spiritual death. Not physical death.  There is nothing to suggest what you are saying based on the text and you have yet to provide any evidence as such. Even the article you cited presumes a literal 1,000 year reign prior to the destruction.

5 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

I cannot picture Jesus on Earth ruling while pollution, death, and destruction are all around him.  I think the thousand years is figurative based on my prior posts.  

21 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

I cannot picture Jesus on Earth ruling while pollution, death, and destruction are all around him.  I think the thousand years is figurative based on my prior posts.  

So you don't have evidence of this and it is just that you cannot picture it? That's not exactly good exegesis. That's the same thing the Mormons say.

"I know that Mormonism is true because I feel it"  Sorry, that's not good enough.

Staff

One bit of evidence could be 

Rev_20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand G5507 years  were finished. This is the first resurrection.
G5507
χίλιοι
chilioi
khil'-ee-oy
Plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand: - thousand.

2 hours ago, Becky said:

One bit of evidence could be 

Rev_20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand G5507 years  were finished. This is the first resurrection.
G5507
χίλιοι
chilioi
khil'-ee-oy
Plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand: - thousand.

Ok, you quoted Strong's but I'm not sure how that bolsters your evidence for your position on the topic.

Staff

What do you say my position on the topic is ?

6 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

So you don't have evidence of this and it is just that you cannot picture it? That's not exactly good exegesis. That's the same thing the Mormons say.

"I know that Mormonism is true because I feel it"  Sorry, that's not good enough.

Time will tell.

54 minutes ago, Becky said:

Sorry, you are right, I don't know your position. I made an assumption based on your view of Dispensational Theology that you are against a literal interpretation of Revelation 20 with regard to 1,000 years.

57 minutes ago, Becky said:

What is your position on the topic?

Staff

If the topic is the word thousand .. The Strong's explains my view, as does grasping the meaning of 

Psa_50:10  For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

Figurative i think is the correct word. 

9 minutes ago, Becky said:

If the topic is the word thousand .. The Strong's explains my view, as does grasping the meaning of 

Psa_50:10  For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

I thought so.  Just wanted to be sure.

1 hour ago, Becky said:

Which then begs the other part of my challenge. Was/will Satan be bound and then released? If that is also figurative, what does it mean? When did/will this happen? What is your evidence?