The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non-Nicene, non-Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
davy

Who is The Babylon Harlot of Revelation?

Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Babylon Harlot of Revelation?

• European Union, Brussels
    • Rome
    • New York
    • Bagdad
    • Moscow
    • Jerusalem
    • London
    • Peking

11 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

Are you preterist in your eschatology?

Do you believe Luke 21:24 took place in the 66-70AD Roman destruction of Jerusalem? 

Luke 21:24KJV

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Yes, LUKE.21:20-24 and MATTHEW.24:15 took place in the 70AD Roman destruction of Jerusalem. ...

LUKE.21:20-24 = The Destruction of Jerusalem

20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. 24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

MATTHEW.24:15-16 = The Great Tribulation

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. ...

P S - Bear in mind that at MATTHEW.24, Jesus Christ was answering 3 different questions, ie when will the Holy Temple at Jerusalem be destroyed, what will be the sign of His 2nd Coming to earth and of the end of the age.? LUKE.21:20-24 answered the 1st question, eg Jerusalem today is still being trampled by Gentiles. ...

1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. ... Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

On 10/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, discipler77 said:

Yes, LUKE.21:20-24 and MATTHEW.24:15 took place in the 70AD Roman destruction of Jerusalem. ...

20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. 24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. ...

P S - Bear in mind that at MATTHEW.24, Jesus Christ was answering 3 different questions, ie when will the Holy Temple at Jerusalem be destroyed, what will be the sign of His 2nd Coming to earth and of the end of the age.? LUKE.21:20-24 answered the 1st question, eg Jerusalem today is still being trampled by Gentiles. ...

1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. ... Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

You believe Luke 21:20-24 took place in 70AD, ok?

Luke 21:24 & Revelation 11:2 are the same event, would you deny this?

Luke 21:24KJV

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Revelation 11:2KJV

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

On 10/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, discipler77 said:

You state you believe Matthew 24:15 Daniels Abomination & 24:21 in The Great Tribulation took place in 70AD? Ok

As we look at the sequence of events, (3) things are bound together by a time stamp, inseparable?

Verse 15 in the abomination of desolation causes verse 21 in the Great Tribulation, Verse 30 in the "Second Advent" "They Shall See The Son Of Man Coming" takes place "Immediately" after your 70 AD great tribulation?

When in history did Jesus return in the clouds in the second advent?

Will you now reduce your teaching of a literal abomination of desolation and great tribulation, in a symbolic second advent?

Matthew 25:15-30KJV

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Edited by Truth7t7

On 10/11/2018 at 9:50 PM, Revelation Ron said:

I wrote a blog on this about a year ago, instead of me trying to explain it in short form I will just place my blog here. 

I will explain what the Holy Spirit has shown me recently, I blogged a blog eight months ago and in the blog I stated that Rev. 17:18 was speaking of Rome,(from my perspective) within two months the Holy Spirit had revealed to me who Babylon was, who the Beast is and who the Harlot is. My opinion is my opinion, I never allow it to supersede God's revelation, in other words I do not hold on to the pride of my opinion. If you want to know who the Harlot, Beast and Babylon is read on.

To start with it is not a City, it is not Rome, Babylon proper, Jerusalem, NYC, it is not the RCC, Mecca or America. HINT: The Harlot and Babylon are two different entities. There is also NO MYSTERY BABYLON, I do not understand why the Church continues to say this, the Angel in 17:7 says this: Rev. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel ? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Since the Angel says I will explain the Mystery of the woman (Harlot) and the beast she rides (Seven Headed Beast) why do we insist that it is still a Mystery and why do we not understand that in Rev. 17:8-18 the Angel explains the Mystery unto us ? Why do we miss what is in plain site ? Mystery (Musterion) in the Greek means Secret by God's Silence, once God reveals the Secret/Mystery, it is no longer a Mystery.

The Seven Headed Beast is explained by the Angel first, many people say it sits on 7 hills, when the passage has nothing to do with hills or location, it is speaking of Seven Rulers who arise, we understand this because in the very next verse it speaks about the Seven Kings. So she sits on Seven Mountains which = Seven Rulers just like the Seven Heads = Seven Kingdoms. Then the Angel says Five have fallen, ONE IS, and one is YET TO COME. This is where we have to use our intelligence a wee bit. Who are these Kings ? Well we see in Rev. 13 when this Seven Headed Beast is described that the Beasts of Daniel are included, the Lion (Babylon) Bear (Persia) and Leopard (Greece) along with Rome which is the Mortal Wound because Satan/hell could not Prevail against the Church, Jesus told Peter that. So we are searching for the other three heads, who can they possibly be ? What is the commonality of the Beasts/Heads that are mentioned ? They each Conquered, Enslaved or Ruled Israel, that is what made them a "BEAST", so we need to go through history and find the other three common Beasts/Heads. Well let's see, after a little thought we should get this fairly easily, Egypt and Assyria Conquered/Enslaved Israel, and the Anti-Christ and his 10 Kings will according to prophecy Conquer Israel (Abomination of Desolation) and thus the Mortal Wound is healed. So let's add this up, and see what the Angel has revealed to us.

Five Kings have fallen (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and Greece) ONE IS (Rome of course was Ruling Israel when John wrote Revelation then Rome received the mortal wound) and one is YET TO COME (The Anti-Christ and his 10 Kings). We understand the Beast with Seven Heads now. This is why the USSR, China, United States, British Empire nor the Ottoman Empire can not be a Beast or one of the Seven Heads, they never Conquered Israel, while Israel/PEOPLE were in the land. The Brits ruled Palestine as did the Ottoman Empire, but God dispersed Israel all over the World, this was why Ezekiel prophesied that Israel would be as "Dead Men's Bones" but we know those dead men's bones came alive again in 1948, so after Rome (mortal wound), and up until 1948, there could be no Beast, because there was no Israel in the land. The Seven Headed Beast is revealed. When the Anti-Christ conquers Jerusalem the mortl woynd will be healed, the Beast will be reengaged. 

Now what does the Angel say about the Harlot/Woman ? Well firstly it says the Water she sat on is Peoples, Nations, Tongues and Multitudes. So right off the bat we understand she is Worldwide. A key is in Rev. 17:16 the Kings in league with the Beast destroy her, but why after all these years of being co-mingled together do they burn her and destroy her ? Because she is ALL FALSE RELIGION, and the Anti-Christ right after the Abomination of Desolation will demand to be Worshiped as the ONLY GOD !! The Anti-Christ will come after Israel, who flees to the Wilderness where God protects them for 1260 days (Rev. 12), he then comes after Christians who became Christians after the Rapture to behead them (Remnant Church Rev. 12:17), and he will destroy Islam, Buddhism and all Religions. He demands worship as the ONLY GOD !! Remember, the Harlot is Judged, this is a Chapter that Judges her. False Religion has the blood of the Saints AND the Martyrs on its hands. (Both sides of the cross)

Ever wonder why the Harlot is HATED by the Kings but when Babylon is destroyed the Kings Cry and Lament her demise ? Because they are TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES !! Babylon is False Government and the Harlot is False Religion. People then say "but what about Rev. 17:18" that verse calls her a city? Well the Angel was only reminding John what he SAW, and the vision was what? A woman with four things imprinted on her head, MYSTERY, Babylon the Great, Abominations of the Earth and Mother of Harlots. The Angel just reminded John that she was BABYLON the Mother of FALSE RELIGIONS. Not a City, but a MEMORY which is repulsive to God the Father. Proof of this is in Rev. 16:19.

There really is no Rev. ch. 17 and 18 as per real time events. Rev. 16 comes right before Rev. 20. Rev. 17 is only the Harlot {False Religion} being destroyed and that happens in Rev. ch. 6, and Rev. 18 is only Babylon or the Last Beast Head of the Seven Headed Beast coming against Israel, getting the plagues of God rained down on them via the Seals, Trumpets and the Vials of God. Rev. 17 and 18 are just an enhanced retelling of things already told, thus in Rev. 16 we are told, IT IS DONE !! 

In Rev. 16 the 6th Vial gathers the Nations against Israel (Anti-Christ/Ten Kings which is Europe and the Kings of the East) and we know who meets them at Meggido don't we ? Jesus our Lord. After he lands on the Mt. of Olives (Zechariah 14) and splits it into (Earthquake). Rev. 16 tells it like this:

Rev. 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. (IT IS DONE !! No Rev. 17 or Rev. 18 exists per se.)

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. 19 And the great city was divided into three parts (Earthquake splits Jerusalem), and the cities of the nations fell: (BABYLON FALLS) and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath

So we see here that BABYLON is a Metaphor for the WHOLE WORLD, God sees the Nations that come against Israel as BABYLON, and gives them the fierceness of his wrath. Of course Jesus lands on the Mt. of Olives and destroys those Nations that come against Israel, that is their demise. God Judges False Religion or the Harlot in Rev 17:16, she is no more after this. This happens when the Anti-Christ places an Image of himself in the Temple and demands all to Worship him, at the MID-WAY POINT or in Rev. 6 and 7.

Babylon is destroyed by God's plagues, Babylon is the Nations that come against Israel (the Whole World, the 6th Vial says the Demon Frogs or Demon Spirits gathers the Kings OF THE WHOLE WORLD) and God destroys her with His Plagues, which are the Seals/Trumpets and Vials. Babylons commerce is no doubt destroyed, that is what plagues do. Babylon is also the habitation of Devils, Satan has been cast to earth and Apollyon and his horde of demons have been released from the pit in Rev. 9. The BOTTOM LINE IS :

The Harlot is FALSE RELIGION

Babylon is FALSE GOVERNMENT that tries to destroy God's people, come after His authority, and deny His Godhead. It is not a City, it represents all that God sees as EVIL.It is Satan's Dark Kingdom on earth. 

I know many still today believe what the old Reformers did in their day that the pope was the Antichrist, but I don't see that, and I say that while my Huguenot ancestors fled to America from France because of persecution by the Catholic Church.

The last verse of Rev.17 says the symbolic "woman" of that chapter is a city, not a religion, even though it involves false religion. The "great city" phrase is pointed directly to Jerusalem twice out of ten times that phrase is mentioned. The blood of the prophets happened there per Rev.18, and that's about the prophets Jesus referred to that were killed at Jerusalem, not Rome. God's "two witnesses" will show up at Jerusalem to prophesy against the beast, not Rome. A false Messiah that the orthodox Jews will believe is the true Messiah is coming to Jerusalem for the end to place the "abomination of desolation", not in Rome.

So there's several prophetic parameters for the end that point to Jerusalem in a fallen worship state, so that's where the woman will sit over all the other mountains put for kingdoms.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:12 PM, Placable37 said:

So you need to add "world" to the voter options. I believe the world in its chaos, confusion, and corruption is "that great city" which is synonymous with Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. I particulary enjoy reading the whole of Revelation in the KJV. Such exquisite language upon which to ponder.

You might try reading Ezekiel 16 where God married Jerusalem, and then showed how she became a harlot. The harlot city of Rev.17 is pointing directly to Jerusalem for the end using God's Word to interpret God's Word.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:20 AM, discipler77 said:

Harlot means prostitute. A harlot/prostitute will fornicate with others for money. This symbolism points to the Roman Catholic Church whose religiously-powerful Popes "fornicated" with the politically-powerful Roman Emperor = religious + political power = the Holy Roman Empire(HRE). The HRE dominated Europe from the 4th to the 16th century, ie until the Protestant Reformation led by Martin Luther and the German ruler-princes. The Protestant Reformation resulted in religious wars between Roman Catholic and Protestant rulers that lasted for more than 100 years.

....... This kind of religious-political harlotry is similar to today's Iran(= Ayatollahs) and Saudi Arabia. Shia Iran and Sunni S.Arabia are at loggerheads in the Middle East, eg the Syrian Civil War.

This was why the 1776 US Constitution has the principle of "separation of Church and State" wrt political power. Early US settlements/colonies consisted of mostly Protestant war refugees or persecutees from Europe.

Many of you guys just are not paying attention to the Scripture. You appear too quick to jump the gun onto pop doctrines.

Note these parameters we're given in Rev.17 about the symbolic woman harlot.

Rev 17:1-2
17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
KJV

The "great whore" sits upon "many waters". We're told what those waters represent further in the chapter...

Rev 17:15
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
KJV

Put the previous info together now. The great whore sits over nations, peoples, etc. It means she is reigning in a kingdom over the nations on earth. It's pointing to a world kingdom.

Rev 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
KJV

The great whore is a specific "great city". That's not Rome, nor New York, nor Brussels, etc., because none of those cities involve a monarch over a kingdom. It's not Jerusalem just yet either, because today it has no king nor kingdom. But God's Word reveals Jerusalem will have a false king for the end, which is specifically what the subject is about with the 7th king that is still to come in Rev.17:10-13.

45 minutes ago, davy said:

Put the previous info together now. The great whore sits over nations, peoples, etc. It means she is reigning in a kingdom over the nations on earth. It's pointing to a world kingdom.

Didn't the European kingdoms under the Holy Roman Empire colonized nearly the whole world from the 15th to 19th century, eg the Roman Catholic Kings of Spain, endorsed by their Popes, colonized most of the Americas or Hispania.?

Mexico was a former colony of Spain. India was a former colony of Britain who achieved independence in 1949, ie soon after World War 2. WW2 decimated the evil European kingdoms/nations = a judgment from God.

Edited by discipler77

Staff

Jer_3:8  And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also. 

Staff

Rev 17:4  And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 
Rev 17:5  And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 
Rev 17:6  And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 
Exo 25:4  And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats' hair, 
Exo 25:5  And rams' skins dyed red, and badgers' skins, and shittim wood, 
Exo 25:6  Oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense, 
Exo 25:7  Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate. 
Mat 23:34  Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 
Mat 23:35  That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 
Mat 23:36  Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 
Mat 23:37  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 

1 hour ago, davy said:

I know many still today believe what the old Reformers did in their day that the pope was the Antichrist, but I don't see that, and I say that while my Huguenot ancestors fled to America from France because of persecution by the Catholic Church.

The last verse of Rev.17 says the symbolic "woman" of that chapter is a city, not a religion, even though it involves false religion. The "great city" phrase is pointed directly to Jerusalem twice out of ten times that phrase is mentioned. The blood of the prophets happened there per Rev.18, and that's about the prophets Jesus referred to that were killed at Jerusalem, not Rome. God's "two witnesses" will show up at Jerusalem to prophesy against the beast, not Rome. A false Messiah that the orthodox Jews will believe is the true Messiah is coming to Jerusalem for the end to place the "abomination of desolation", not in Rome.

So there's several prophetic parameters for the end that point to Jerusalem in a fallen worship state, so that's where the woman will sit over all the other mountains put for kingdoms.

I agree with a lot of the posts I have seen of yours, so whilst we might quibble or have a few issues I think for the most part we are moving along the same lines of thought, of course we are all corrected by the Spirit at times, if not we would know it all. From my experience the only people not able to learn new things are those who are never willing to say that we are wrong. So we need to be learning continually, but when the Holy Spirit gives us something, we know, that we know, that we know in our hearts it's a truth/factoid from God.......Know what I mean ? LOL.  

I don't think the City is a False Religion either, the Harlot is a False Religion, so I think you misunderstood my blog on this point or maybe I just worded it poorly. The Harlot is what John had a vision of, the Vision is only 4 verses and John SAW four descriptors that describe who the Harlot is

Rev. 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

This is the sum total of the vision, verses 1 and 2 are not a part of the vision, verses 7 tells us we are about to be explained what the vision means, verses 8-18 explains the vision. So what does the above vision mean ? 

It's the co-mingling of False Religion (Harlot) and False Governance (Babylon head of Gold, Persian breast of Silver, Grecian thighs of Bronze, Roman legs of Iron and the 10 toes and feet of Iron & Clay. That is why we get the clue of purple and scarlet (Royals & Religion), this is why we are told of Blasphemies on Seven Heads and 10 Horns (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and the Anti-Christ and 10 Kings). 

Now to the Four Descriptors of which Babylon the Great is only one description. 

1.) Mystery ( As I pointed out in the last post on the first page, Mystery Babylon is a Mystery Religion, but Babylon and the Harlot are not the same, they are two different entities, not one and the same, they have been co-mingled, but they are not one and the same.

2.) Babylon the Great ( John was told she is that Great City so he would understand that where she ORIGINATED FROM was Babylon who had 100's of false gods and demi-gods. So that Great City is her birth place, a description of where she's from, not who she is.

3.) The Mother of Harlots describes her to a tee, she is the Mother of All False Religions, thus she is the Mother Harlot. God sees any worship of any god but Him as Harlotry. 

4.) Abominations of the Earth ( God sees the worship of false gods as an Abomination, He is a jealous God, He placed Israel into Captivity for worshiping false gods. 

So she is not Babylon the Great a City per se, that is just one of her Four Descriptions. A clue yo who she is and where she is from. Add all four clues up and what do you get ? Mystery + Babylon the Great + Mother of Harlots + Abominations of the Earth = All False Religion or False Religion. 

Babylon is world renown for its FALSE RELIGION. Astrology got its start there as did the Horoscope/Zodiac also. Many of the False Religions of the World got their start there. So these are just four clues as to who the Harlot is. Where she got her beginnings, what she is all about etc. etc. 

So Babylon that Great City has nothing to do with the Harlot's False Religion, its just where it all started. Babylon of Rev. 18 represents the Whole World or Satan's Dark Kingdom on earth. 

We agree its not Rome or the RCC, but I don't see it as Jerusalem either, nor any city for that matter. Oh well, I enjoy your posts, you are a well thought out poster. God Bless.

20 hours ago, davy said:

You might try reading Ezekiel 16 where God married Jerusalem, and then showed how she became a harlot. The harlot city of Rev.17 is pointing directly to Jerusalem for the end using God's Word to interpret God's Word.

We agree, and for a point of interest, Jerusalem is also built on 7 hills just as Rome.

The Seven Hills Of Jerusalem, By Ernest L. Martin, Ph.D.

the City of Jerusalem as it existed in the time of Christ Jesus was also reckoned to be the "City of Seven Hills." This fact was well recognized in Jewish circles. In the Pirke de-Rabbi Eliezer, an 8th century midrashic narrative (section 10), the writer mentioned without commentary (showing that the understanding was well known and required no defense) that "Jerusalem is situated on seven hills"(recorded in The Book of Legends, edited by Bialik and Ravnitzky, p. 371, paragraph 111). And, so it was. Those "seven hills" are easy to identify.

If one starts with the Mount of Olives just to the east of the main City of Jerusalem (but still reckoned to be located within the environs of Jerusalem), there are three summits to that Mount of Olives:

The northern summit (hill) is called Scopus [Hill One],

The middle summit (hill) was called Nob [Hill Two],

The highest point of Olivet itself, and the southern summit (hill) was called in the Holy Scriptures the "Mount of Corruption" or "Mount of Offence" [Hill Three] (II Kings 23:13).

On the middle ridge between the Kedron and the Tyropoeon Valleys there was (formerly) in the south "Mount Zion" [Hill Four] (the original "Mount Zion" and not the later southwest hill that was later called by that name),

The "Ophel Mount" [Hill Five],

To the north of that the "Rock" around which "Fort Antonia" was built [Hill Six],

And finally, there was the southwest hill itself [Hill Seven] that finally became known in the time of Simon the Hasmonean as the new "Mount Zion."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, discipler77 said:

Didn't the European kingdoms under the Holy Roman Empire colonized nearly the whole world from the 15th to 19th century, eg the Roman Catholic Kings of Spain, endorsed by their Popes, colonized most of the Americas or Hispania.?

Mexico was a former colony of Spain. India was a former colony of Britain who achieved independence in 1949, ie soon after World War 2. WW2 decimated the evil European kingdoms/nations = a judgment from God.

And did a pseudochristos appear in any... of those places with spiritually desolating a Jewish temple with an abomination idol like Jesus forewarned in Matthew 24 about the "abomination of desolation"? No, that event we are still looking for, in Jerusalem, not the Americas, nor Europe.

(The Greek word pseudochristos in Matt.24:24 is translated as "false Christs" in the KJV. It is made up of two Greek words, pseudo which means false or spurious, and christos which means Christ. The tense of the Matthew 24:23-26 is actually about a singular false-Christ. Dr. James Strong in his Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defined the word as 'a spurious Messiah'.

Thus our Lord Jesus specifically warned us about the coming of a false Messiah working great signs and wonders that if possible, would deceive even His very elect. And He pointed that event to occur in Jerusalem with a standing Jewish temple, not anywhere else.)

Thus it's important to actually first understand the prophetic parameters given in God's written Word, or wild goose chases can be the result.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:20 AM, discipler77 said:

Harlot means prostitute. A harlot/prostitute will fornicate with others for money. This symbolism points to the Roman Catholic Church whose religiously-powerful Popes "fornicated" with the politically-powerful Roman Emperor = religious + political power = the Holy Roman Empire(HRE). The HRE dominated Europe from the 4th to the 16th century, ie until the Protestant Reformation led by Martin Luther and the German ruler-princes. The Protestant Reformation resulted in religious wars between Roman Catholic and Protestant rulers that lasted for more than 100 years.

....... This kind of religious-political harlotry is similar to today's Iran(= Ayatollahs) and Saudi Arabia. Shia Iran and Sunni S.Arabia are at loggerheads in the Middle East, eg the Syrian Civil War.

This was why the 1776 US Constitution has the principle of "separation of Church and State" wrt political power. Early US settlements/colonies consisted of mostly Protestant war refugees or persecutees from Europe.

The fact that a Protestant Reformation happened at all should have been enough to show you that the pope then and now, still is not the Antichrist to come.

And even the 1st century Church fathers understood that the coming Antichrist would involve false worship at Jerusalem, not Rome.

Moreover, the U.S. Constitution has no clause separating Church and state. That there is such a clause is a Leftist myth. What the U.S. Constitution says about religion is this:

"Article (Amendment 1 - Freedom of expression and religion) 13

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Congress is to make no law that establishes religion, nor that prohibits the free exercise of religion. That is not a separation of Church and state clause, that is a protection of religion clause. Many of the early leaders that served in Washington were Christian pastors, and there still hangs today in the U.S. Capitol building oil paintings of Church services held at the Capitol in its early history.

WALLBUILDERS.COM

Many people are surprised to learn that the United States Capitol regularly served as a church building; a practice that began even...

1 hour ago, Truth7t7 said:

We agree, and for a point of interest, Jerusalem is also built on 7 hills just as Rome.

Another FALSE CLUE that many people chase after. If we are in St. Louis heading to Los Angeles and head east we will never get there, likewise by going down erroneous paths we can get on paths that lead us unto untruths, all because we start out with wrong assumptions. There is no way this could ever be speaking about 7 hills or mountains in one city. That is because it's obviously speaking about 7 different Kingdoms places. 

Rev. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

{{ So the Angel is about to explain the Mystery of the Harlot (False Religion) that Rides (co-mingles) the Beast (Government Dominion of the Mediterranean Sea Region) which has seven heads or Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and the coming Anti-Christ and 10 Kings. }}

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. 

{{ This Scarlet Colored Beast is Apollyon (Demon), he was placed over the Mediterranean Sea Region (MSR) by the Red Dragon (Satan), Apollyon is a principality and power like unto which Paul spoke of in Ephesians 6:12. The reason he WAS....IS NOT....YET IS is because he WAS over the MSR from Egypt to Rome and then when the Church was birthed the gates of hell had no power over the Church and Israel was also as Dead Men's Bones for nigh 2000 years, so God placed him in the Bottomless Pit thus he IS NOT.....but he will be released at the First Woe this he YET IS. This is why he is an 8th King and is OF THE SEVEN.  }}

9 The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

{{ The proper translation, not that it matters that much, is THEY ARE ALSO SEVEN KINGS.......................... Anyway, so the Seven Heads are Seven Mountains (Greek word Oros meaning one that arises above the plains) on which the Harlot (False Religion) woman sits. So where or how do we get that the SEVEN HILLS/Mountains are in one city ? It tells us very plainly in verse 9 that they represent the seven heads, which are the Kingdoms over the MSR down through the ages, so how can they be meant to speak about seven hills in one city ? It's a FALSE CLUE !! The Mountains meaning are clear, they represent SEVEN KINGS who have fallen, each Kingdom had a King at the helm when they came to be a Beast and a King at the helm when the fell from Dominion. John clearly states 5 have FALLEN (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia and Greece).....ONE IS (Rome) and one is YET TO COME (Anti-Christ/Little Horn) so someone please explain to me how that turns into ONE CITY on 7 Hills or Mountains !! When the last Beast somes he will rule a short time (42 Months). }}

Why is this done ? Why are the Seven Kingdoms reduced to Seven Kings who fell ? Because God wants us to know that the LAST BEAST is not a Kingdom per se like the others, but is a MAN thus he is shown to be the only one of all the Beast Kingdoms that is started by a man who then will be the King who also FALLS/Loses Dominion. This MAN/Beast will be cast straight into hell fire, whereas the rest of the Beasts when they lost Dominion continued on for a time as Daniel 7:11-12 says

Daniel 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. { He is cast straight int HELLFIRE }

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

But the OTHER BEASTS...Babylon (Alexander the Great died there) Persia (Iran today) Greece (Greece today) and Rome (Italy today) who lose their dominion will remain in existence for a time and season after they lose dominion, WELL YEA....they have all been around over 2000 years since they lost dominion, Rome about 1700 years after they lost dominion. BUT......The last Beast will be different, he will be cast straight into hell !! 

6 hours ago, Revelation Ron said:

Another FALSE CLUE that many people chase after. If we are in St. Louis heading to Los Angeles and head east we will never get there, likewise by going down erroneous paths we can get on paths that lead us unto untruths, all because we start out with wrong assumptions. There is no way this could ever be speaking about 7 hills or mountains in one city. That is because it's obviously speaking about 7 different Kingdoms places. 

Rev. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

{{ So the Angel is about to explain the Mystery of the Harlot (False Religion) that Rides (co-mingles) the Beast (Government Dominion of the Mediterranean Sea Region) which has seven heads or Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and the coming Anti-Christ and 10 Kings. }}

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. 

{{ This Scarlet Colored Beast is Apollyon (Demon), he was placed over the Mediterranean Sea Region (MSR) by the Red Dragon (Satan), Apollyon is a principality and power like unto which Paul spoke of in Ephesians 6:12. The reason he WAS....IS NOT....YET IS is because he WAS over the MSR from Egypt to Rome and then when the Church was birthed the gates of hell had no power over the Church and Israel was also as Dead Men's Bones for nigh 2000 years, so God placed him in the Bottomless Pit thus he IS NOT.....but he will be released at the First Woe this he YET IS. This is why he is an 8th King and is OF THE SEVEN.  }}

9 The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

{{ The proper translation, not that it matters that much, is THEY ARE ALSO SEVEN KINGS.......................... Anyway, so the Seven Heads are Seven Mountains (Greek word Oros meaning one that arises above the plains) on which the Harlot (False Religion) woman sits. So where or how do we get that the SEVEN HILLS/Mountains are in one city ? It tells us very plainly in verse 9 that they represent the seven heads, which are the Kingdoms over the MSR down through the ages, so how can they be meant to speak about seven hills in one city ? It's a FALSE CLUE !! The Mountains meaning are clear, they represent SEVEN KINGS who have fallen, each Kingdom had a King at the helm when they came to be a Beast and a King at the helm when the fell from Dominion. John clearly states 5 have FALLEN (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia and Greece).....ONE IS (Rome) and one is YET TO COME (Anti-Christ/Little Horn) so someone please explain to me how that turns into ONE CITY on 7 Hills or Mountains !! When the last Beast somes he will rule a short time (42 Months). }}

Why is this done ? Why are the Seven Kingdoms reduced to Seven Kings who fell ? Because God wants us to know that the LAST BEAST is not a Kingdom per se like the others, but is a MAN thus he is shown to be the only one of all the Beast Kingdoms that is started by a man who then will be the King who also FALLS/Loses Dominion. This MAN/Beast will be cast straight into hell fire, whereas the rest of the Beasts when they lost Dominion continued on for a time as Daniel 7:11-12 says

Daniel 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. { He is cast straight int HELLFIRE }

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

But the OTHER BEASTS...Babylon (Alexander the Great died there) Persia (Iran today) Greece (Greece today) and Rome (Italy today) who lose their dominion will remain in existence for a time and season after they lose dominion, WELL YEA....they have all been around over 2000 years since they lost dominion, Rome about 1700 years after they lost dominion. BUT......The last Beast will be different, he will be cast straight into hell !! 

I fully believe the future "Antichrist" of Daniel will be judged to the lake of fire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Truth7t7 said:

I fully believe the future "Antichrist" of Daniel will be judged to the lake of fire.

I agree.  Do you believe the lake of fire destroys the soul or is eternal?  I lean toward destruction.

Edited by CDF47

3 hours ago, CDF47 said:

I agree.  Do you believe the lake of fire destroys the soul or is eternal?  I lean toward destruction.

I don't believe in the doctrine of Annihilationism "Destruction", this belief is seen in 7th day Adventism and the Jehovahs witnesses.

The holy bible teaches of the eternal, concious, torment of the wicked.

Revelation 14:11KJV

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Wikipedia: Annihilationism (also known as extinctionismor destructionism[1]) is a belief that after the final judgment some human beings and all fallen angels (all of the damned) will be totally destroyed so as to not exist, or that their consciousness will be extinguished,[2] rather than suffer everlasting torment in hell (often synonymized with the lake of fire).

Edited by Truth7t7

6 minutes ago, Truth7t7 said:

I don't believe in the doctrine of Annihilationism "Destruction", this belief is seen in 7th day Adventism and the Jehovahs witnesses.

The holy bible teaches of the eternal, concious, torment of the wicked.

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Wikipedia: Annihilationism (also known as extinctionismor destructionism[1]) is a belief that after the final judgment some human beings and all fallen angels (all of the damned) will be totally destroyed so as to not exist, or that their consciousness will be extinguished,[2] rather than suffer everlasting torment in hell (often synonymized with the lake of fire).

Yes, but there are many verses about the destruction of the wicked.  I know one Messianic Jewish church I attended a few times believed that some are confined to eternal torment and others are destroyed.  It is an interesting third take since there are verses which support both claims.

Not intending to sidetrack the thread on this.

Edited by CDF47

3 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Yes, but there are many verses about the destruction of the wicked.  I know one Messianic Jewish church I attended a few times believed that some are confined to eternal torment and others are destroyed.  It is an interesting third take since there are verses which support both claims.

Pretty hard to deny the verse below, the rich man and Lazarus is another.

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Truth7t7 said:

Pretty hard to deny the verse below, the rich man and Lazarus is another.

I know that verse.  Yeah, it could be the case that all the wicked are sent to hell for eternity.

15 hours ago, davy said:

And did a pseudochristos appear in any... of those places with spiritually desolating a Jewish temple with an abomination idol like Jesus forewarned in Matthew 24 about the "abomination of desolation"? No, that event we are still looking for, in Jerusalem, not the Americas, nor Europe.

The above prophecy has already come to pass in 70AD when the Roman Army desolated or destroyed the Jewish rebels(who were led by false christs), Judea and the Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem. ...

Matthew 24:15 = 15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Luke 21:20 = The Destruction of Jerusalem

20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her.

WWW.HISTORYNET.COM

After rising up against their Roman overlords, the Zealots of Judea fortified their towns into immovable objects -- to face the...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_messiah_claimants

Today, the Al Aqsa Mosque stands atop the ruins of the Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem. Politically and militarily, it is very unlikely that the Jew's Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem will be rebuilt or "resurrected", but not unlikely for the "holy temple" of dead/destroyed Christian believers to be resurrected.

Bear in mind that Jesus Christ was answering 3 different questions at Matthew 24 , ie when will the Holy Temple be destroyed, what will be the sign of His 2nd Coming to earth and Judgment Day.? ...

Matthew 24:1-3 =  1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

Edited by discipler77

2 hours ago, discipler77 said:

The above prophecy has already come to pass in 70AD when the Roman Army desolated or destroyed the Jewish rebels(who were led by false christs), Judea and the Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem. ...

Matthew 24:15 = 15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Luke 21:20 = The Destruction of Jerusalem

20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her.

WWW.HISTORYNET.COM

After rising up against their Roman overlords, the Zealots of Judea fortified their towns into immovable objects -- to face the...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_messiah_claimants

Today, the Al Aqsa Mosque stands atop the ruins of the Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem. Politically and militarily, it is very unlikely that the Jew's Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem will be rebuilt or "resurrected", but not unlikely for the "holy temple" of dead/destroyed Christian believers to be resurrected.

Bear in mind that Jesus Christ was answering 3 different questions at Matthew 24 , ie when will the Holy Temple be destroyed, what will be the sign of His 2nd Coming to earth and Judgment Day.? ...

Matthew 24:1-3 =  1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

The fulfilling of the gentiles is seen in both verses below, same event.

The book of Revelation was written in 96AD.

How is this event seen in Revelation as prophecy, 26 years after it supposedly took place in 70AD

This is a future event unfulfilled.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Luke 21:20KJV

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Truth7t7 said:

The fulfilling of the gentiles is seen in both verses below, same event.

The book of Revelation was written in 96AD.

How is this event seen in Revelation as prophecy, 26 years after it supposedly took place in 70AD

Luke 21:20KJV

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

I agree.  I think it is clear that this is a future event John is prophesying.  

Staff

The Revelation of Christ has been dated in general numbers from 60 to 90 AD , Future for John could have been any time after those dates. 

5 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

“Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

1Corinthians 3:16-17 = 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Revelation 3:10-13 = 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

13 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’

Revelation 21:1 & 9 & 14 & 22 = All Things Made New

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. ...

The New Jerusalem

9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. ...

14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. ...

The Glory of the New Jerusalem

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Daniel 7:24-25

24 The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.

25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

Revelation 11:2 refers to a different prophecy than Matthew 24:15 / Luke 21:20. Revelation 11 refers to events surrounding the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth.

....... Afaik, the Great Tribulation period is 7 years. For the 1st three-and-a-half years or 42 months or a time and times and half a time or 1260 days, believers will have to endure horrible persecution and martyrdom by powerful governments(eg the US govt). In the middle of the 7 years, Lord/God Jesus Christ will return to earth to rapture/deliver the suffering and persecuted believers( 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 ). For the next three-and-a-half years, Lord Jesus Christ will avenge His people( Romans 12:19-21) by destroying all the unbelievers on earth, as per Revelation 6 & 7 - the seals and scrolls. Thereafter, He will create a new earth for His people and live with them for 1,000 years.

In the Book of Revelation, "temple" and "Jerusalem" do not necessarily mean today's Jerusalem and the destroyed/ruined Holy Temple of God, which will have to be rebuilt or "resurrected" in order for your interpretation of Revelation 11:2 to come true.

If I am right, wrt the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth, Christian believers should look for signs of increased persecution/prosecution/tribulation, instead of looking for signs for the rebuilding of the Jewish Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem.

Edited by discipler77

4 hours ago, discipler77 said:

1Corinthians 3:16-17 = 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Revelation 3:10-13 = 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

13 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’

Revelation 21:1 & 9 & 14 & 22 = All Things Made New

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. ...

The New Jerusalem

9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. ...

14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. ...

The Glory of the New Jerusalem

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Daniel 7:24-25

24 The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.

25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

Revelation 11:2 refers to a different prophecy than Matthew 24:15 / Luke 21:20. Revelation 11 refers to events surrounding the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth.

....... Afaik, the Great Tribulation period is 7 years. For the 1st three-and-a-half years or 42 months or a time and times and half a time or 1260 days, believers will have to endure horrible persecution and martyrdom by powerful governments(eg the US govt). In the middle of the 7 years, Lord/God Jesus Christ will return to earth to rapture/deliver the suffering and persecuted believers( 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 ). For the next three-and-a-half years, Lord Jesus Christ will avenge His people( Romans 12:19-21) by destroying all the unbelievers on earth, as per Revelation 6 & 7 - the seals and scrolls. Thereafter, He will create a new earth for His people and live with them for 1,000 years.

In the Book of Revelation, "temple" and "Jerusalem" do not necessarily mean today's Jerusalem and the destroyed/ruined Holy Temple of God, which will have to be rebuilt or "resurrected" in order for your interpretation of Revelation 11:2 to come true.

If I am right, wrt the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth, Christian believers should look for signs of increased persecution/prosecution/tribulation, instead of looking for signs for the rebuilding of the Jewish Holy Temple of God at Jerusalem.

Persecutions in the US and around the world are already happening:

FIGHTGANGSTALKING.COM

Contents 1.  A Brief Explanation of “Gang Stalking” 2.  Introduction to the Full Explanation of Gang Stalking 3.  Crimes by U.S. Law Enforcement & Intelligence Agencies 4.  Oversight of Law...