The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Diego

Prayers for my medical condition.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I am here to ask for your prayers. We have discovered that I have small fiber neuropathy of the lower legs, ankles, and feet. We do not yet know the cause. My neurologist can no longer do any more for me. We are sending me to the University of Nebraska at Lincoln for further assistance, but that appointment is not until March of next year. Until then, all I can do is treat the symptoms. Although I am on medication for the pain, Lyrica to be precise, it doesn't always work. I have flare-ups that leave me in a condition that is so bad I am unable to walk. Today is one of those days. When that happens, I have to take hydrocodone. I do not like taking that, because it is addictive. However, on bad days, I have no choice. Anyhow, pray for me, that they may find a cause and treat it to reduce the problem. And also pray for me, that I will be able to pay the huge medical bills that are coming. Medicare only pays 80%, and I get the rest. That is not going to be pleasant when I live on Social Security as my income. In any case, to God be the glory as always. Whatever may happen, will happen for the greater glory of God and his son Jesus Christ.

Edited by Diego
  • Like 4

Staff
33 minutes ago, Diego said:

And also pray for me, that I will be able to pay the huge medical bills that are coming. Medicare only pays 80%, and I get the rest. That is not going to be pleasant when I live on Social Security as my income. In any case, to God be the glory as always. Whatever may happen, will happen for the greater glory of God and his son Jesus Christ.

Most medical facilities have financial counselors available to help you. I'd recommend talking to them, they can help find charitable donators or contributors etc. My wife is a financial counselor for an Oncology dept. Prescriptions etc are sometimes even given for free by pharm companies if people meet the company's financial requirements. If you're going to the hospital then you should also talk to them because the hospital itself can write off through charity accounts the remainder of your bills if you meet their financial requirements. Plenty of people actually donate money to hospitals for this very reason.

Praying for you brother,

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Staff

Most definitely I will be praying for you D!

Diego perhaps this might help Lyrica has a generic equivalent  Pregabalin, its exactly the same. It also comes in the different MG's. I personally tale 200mg in the AM and 100mg at noon and 200mg at night. At times I wonder how much it helps. The cost is still very high at Walmart for 150  cap's is $1,327.75...ouch!!! The actual brand Lyrica is even higher! With a 20% deductible that would beabout $270.00 Oh my that is so very expensive!

Due to me being a 100% totally service connected disabled Vet I have paid the cost for these a long time ago.

Are you a Vet? If so you are able to go to a VA hospital and get services  as well as medication.  I just prayed for you. God be with you dear brother. 

• Like 1

Thank you, Mike. I do not have a problem paying for medications. I do get assistance for them based on low income. It is the hospital and other visits to the doctor that caused considerable amount of money. So far, everyone has been willing to take payments. I may have to ask for assistance at some point. Theophilus and Mike I appreciate both of you praying for me. Please continue to do so. Thank you very much. May God bless you both.

Praying. Trust in Jesus. If you don't have trust ask for it, ask for a trust that burns a hole in Jesus Heart. Jesus can't resist childlike trust, He has an impossible time if He ignored it, it hurts more than any pain that exists.

I’m so sorry to hear about your health condition, Diego. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. I just said a prayer for you, asking the Lord to touch you with His healing hands, provide for all your needs, and surround you with His strength and peace. Be assured that He cares more deeply than we can imagine and is faithful to respond according to His perfect will. May He prove Himself your healer and sustainer in many tangible ways. Blessings!

Thank you so much for your prayers. I am certain that God hears prayers. Yours are much appreciated.

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, Diego said:

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I am here to ask for your prayers. We have discovered that I have small fiber neuropathy of the lower legs, ankles, and feet. We do not yet know the cause. My neurologist can no longer do any more for me. We are sending me to the University of Nebraska at Lincoln for further assistance, but that appointment is not until March of next year. Until then, all I can do is treat the symptoms. Although I am on medication for the pain, Lyrica to be precise, it doesn't always work. I have flare-ups that leave me in a condition that is so bad I am unable to walk. Today is one of those days. When that happens, I have to take hydrocodone. I do not like taking that, because it is addictive. However, on bad days, I have no choice. Anyhow, pray for me, that they may find a cause and treat it to reduce the problem. And also pray for me, that I will be able to pay the huge medical bills that are coming. Medicare only pays 80%, and I get the rest. That is not going to be pleasant when I live on Social Security as my income. In any case, to God be the glory as always. Whatever may happen, will happen for the greater glory of God and his son Jesus Christ.

There is no medical condition worst than one that leaves you in continual pain . I am familiar with pain because I have been in a wheelchair since 2003 due to an accident . The pain is not from the accident , but from shoving the wheelchair through various stores while shopping . The pain is not continual ,but thank God for ordinary Anacin that gives me some relief . I am praying for you that God will raise up the means and the duration period that you won't have to live in pain . I would look into your SS benefit to see if you are drawing the correct amount of disability insurance . There are many stories that I have read pertaining to underpaid SS disability benefits to victims of a disability . I'd check it out .   M

• Like 2