The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

Denying the Virgin Conception and Birth of Christ

Does anyone know of any group or groups that claim to be Christian but deny that Jesus was conceived and born of a virgin (Mary) as found in Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 1:34-38? I know quite a few groups deny the Trinity but I never heard of any group that denied this doctrine. Many years back I read 'The Virgin Birth of Christ' by J. Gresham Machen which I thought was very insightful.

Staff
1 hour ago, Faber said:

Does anyone know of any group or groups that claim to be Christian but deny that Jesus was conceived and born of a virgin (Mary) as found in Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 1:34-38? I know quite a few groups deny the Trinity but I never heard of any group that denied this doctrine. Many years back I read 'The Virgin Birth of Christ' by J. Gresham Machen which I thought was very insightful.

At least some of the Ebionites denied the virgin birth.

• Like 2

If anyone doubts the Virgin birth of Jesus Christ, and Mary's purity, than the Gospels of Matthew and Luke must be removed form the Scriptures. This thinking is purely form the Evil One himself. The Wicked Satan, the worst of all created begins.

Then you have the other end of the spectrum that assumes that since Mary was chosen to be the birth mother of Jesus that she was somehow made perfect in that process, thus the immaculate conception.  Basically, it means Mary was suddenly without sin because she was the mother of Jesus.  This is also not supported by the bible, yet many catholics believe it.  There are those who also believe that Mary remained a virgin until her death, which is obviously false as Jesus had siblings.

She was a virgin at Jesus' conception, yet was still human, a sinful being.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Then you have the other end of the spectrum that assumes that since Mary was chosen to be the birth mother of Jesus that she was somehow made perfect in that process, thus the immaculate conception.  Basically, it means Mary was suddenly without sin because she was the mother of Jesus.  This is also not supported by the bible, yet many catholics believe it.  There are those who also believe that Mary remained a virgin until her death, which is obviously false as Jesus had siblings.

She was a virgin at Jesus' conception, yet was still human, a sinful being.

Mary was the finest woman prepared by God before the creation of the world, to bare Gods Only Son, Jesus Christ. Who came to seek and save those God chose.

1 minute ago, Just Mike said:

Mary was the finest woman prepared by God before the creation of the world, to bare Gods Only Son, Jesus Christ. Who came to seek and save those God chose.

How was she different from any other virgin at the time she lived?  Putting aside her lineage.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

I think it applies to many (all?) things. There is no need to deny the humanity of Christ (Docetism) because the Bible teaches that He is God. And there is no need to deny His Deity (Ariansim) because the Bible teaches that He is a Man.

How humanity just always clings to confusion and darkness.

• Best Answer 2

Staff

Old saying.. 

Mary was special because she was chosen 

Not chosen because she special. 

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 2
  • Love 1

From the creation of Adam and Eve we all were started from that DNA God created. How wonderful to fully understand that God has a plan and He YAHWEH is in complete control. From the beginning of mankind, to the return of Jesus and the new Earth my faith resides on nothing less that Gods WORD and Jesus lives in me by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

Mary was as God planned.

• Like 1