The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Just Mike

Just mike requests you prayers

My health has deteriorated and I am in a serious condition. Surgery of July 2nd was a failure and made things much worse.  I have gone to the Dr almost 4 times a week and there seems only one thing left. Am Oxygen chamber for 2 hours five days a week for 8 weeks. We have to travel 93 miles each way and this alone wares me out. Your prayers are requested.

• Sad 2

Staff

Praying for you Mike. It breaks my heart knowing that you have been through so much.

God bless,

William

Staff
20 hours ago, Just Mike said:

My health has deteriorated and I am in a serious condition. Surgery of July 2nd was a failure and made things much worse.  I have gone to the Dr almost 4 times a week and there seems only one thing left. Am Oxygen chamber for 2 hours five days a week for 8 weeks. We have to travel 93 miles each way and this alone wares me out. Your prayers are requested.

I will be praying for you Mike.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, Just Mike said:

I just stumbled across this , Just Mike. Health conditions are something we have to deal with as we age . I know the feeling . But God has promised that He would not test us beyond what we are able to bear. Without providing a means that we may be able to bear it. You definitely have my prayers. You're on the list . God Bless, my friend.      M

Edited by Matthew Duvall

Praying for you, stay strong.

Staff

@Just Mike  Almost 3 months ago my husband had Stem Cell Transplant. We live 200+ miles from the hospital which does this treatment.  What  i am getting to is the American Cancer society paid for our lodging. 10 days worth.. We stayed at place down the lines of MCDonnalds house. 

1 hour ago, Becky said:

@Just Mike  Almost 3 months ago my husband had Stem Cell Transplant. We live 200+ miles from the hospital which does this treatment.  What  i am getting to is the American Cancer society paid for our lodging. 10 days worth.. We stayed at place down the lines of MCDonnalds house. 

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Staff
11 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

Keeping you all in my prayers.

The american cancer society may help with some financial stuff was my point. 

On 8/1/2018 at 3:01 AM, Just Mike said:

Praying for you Mike, trust in Jesus and keep saying Jesus I trust in you. As you approach birth into Eternal Life you will be shown many things, but have no fear, hand over everything to Jesus care. Jesus is the reality, the Rock that is sure, faith in Him is not in vain. 

I can not use the Oxygen therapy as my spinal cord stimulator can not be exposed to the high oxygen pressure.

God is in control, and so we move on. Thanks for all your kind loving words, is means so much. God bless you all.

Staff

Having been reading many of your post @Just Mikeyou, sir, are one heck of an example of our lord !

20 hours ago, Becky said:

Having been reading many of your post @Just Mikeyou, sir, are one heck of an example of our lord !

I definitely don't think so. If there is any thing good or worthwhile then its Jesus showing Himself in me. I give Jesus all the credit as I myself feel I fall so far short of what I could be. Lets just praise Jesus. 

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

On 8/9/2018 at 1:24 AM, Just Mike said:

I definitely don't think so. If there is any thing good or worthwhile then its Jesus showing Himself in me. I give Jesus all the credit as I myself feel I fall so far short of what I could be. Lets just praise Jesus. 

We love you brother, your example is real because Jesus lives in you and no action of yours is your own, it's Jesus. When you are weak, Jesus is strong in you. Even mundane things in this precious time, Jesus is working wonders beyond our understanding in each soul dedicated to Him.

Your sufferings are Jesus sufferings and in Jesus they have merit and it is to His Glory, but He will crown you in that Glory because of His Love.

I had a glimpse of what life is into eternity, nothing is unimportant, everything has significance, it is impossible to explain it.

Thank Jesus for all the graces granted to all the saints and patriarchs and all the graces rejected by ungrateful men, and receive them for His loves sake. You soothe the Lord by this and will be given a spiritual treasure that needs an eternity to understand. Gather treasure now and ask the Lord to measure it according to His generosity, not yours. The spiritual economy works by appropriation, ask the Lord to appropriate by His generous Love, what He would have for you.

When you are in the Garden the Lord has prepared only for you, you will see fully what this time means.

• Like 1