The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
David Asafu

Pray for me, I might embrace Christianity next week

Hi everyone,

I am a Berber from Morocco. I left Islam and I consider becoming Christian. I learned about both Christianity and Judaism.I was about to convert to Judaism, but I failed to do so as it seems very similar to Islam. I find Christianity closer to my principles in life. 

In Islam, one has to recite the Quran in Arabic. I have always felt that Berbers are 2nd class believers. Morocco is being Arabized in the name of religion.In Christianity, my native language is well understood by God. What is more appealing to me is that many of  our ancestors were Christians too.

Next week, I have an appointment with a pastor. I am planning to live the rest of my life as a Berber Christian of Morocco. I see challenges ahead, but what matters is being with Jesus.

I am alone here in my room. I talked to nobody about this  ( except my wife) because leaving Islam is a risky topic to talk about here. I kindly ask you to pray for me.

David Asafu

• Like 3

Staff

A child of God is a child of the King nothing second class about that!

• Like 2

The God of Creation, The God of Moses and Abraham, Isaac and indeed of you and I, is quite able to protect and to cover you and your family with blessings that will outstrip expectation and defy explanation.

The only real risk is when we turn our back away from seeking Christ and go our own way - choosing the safety and lures of the world and of men, than answering His call. 

It is no small thing that you do - it has consequences into eternity. It is my prayer and hope tonight that you will find peace with God through His son, Jesus Christ.

God bless,

-Chaplain Carter

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, David Asafu said:

Hi everyone,

I am a Berber from Morocco. I left Islam and I consider becoming Christian. I learned about both Christianity and Judaism.I was about to convert to Judaism, but I failed to do so as it seems very similar to Islam. I find Christianity closer to my principles in life. 

In Islam, one has to recite the Quran in Arabic. I have always felt that Berbers are 2nd class believers. Morocco is being Arabized in the name of religion.In Christianity, my native language is well understood by God. What is more appealing to me is that many of  our ancestors were Christians too.

Next week, I have an appointment with a pastor. I am planning to live the rest of my life as a Berber Christian of Morocco. I see challenges ahead, but what matters is being with Jesus.

I am alone here in my room. I talked to nobody about this  ( except my wife) because leaving Islam is a risky topic to talk about here. I kindly ask you to pray for me.

David Asafu

Hi ,and welcome to the forum. Amazing that you left Islam and are trying to embrace Christianity .Great !  I heard William Federer say something very interesting  last week while making a few comments about Islam. He said that the religion was so demanding that " If ninety percent of it's members could get over the threat of death for anyone wanting leave it and join another religion ,[ they would leave it tomorrow ]. " That says something about  a religion that encourages marriage to six year olds and brutally stones women after having been  raped . Saying that it was her that enticed the man to do so. How sick  ! Yes, I gladly encourage you to get together with conservative Christians and learn the Holy Bible from the dawn of creation to the war to end all wars .

• Like 2

Greetings and welcome to Christianity! It would be my greatest wish that you could find a Confessional Lutheran Church to join, but I have no idea if such exists in Morocco or not. I DO encourage you to have a copy of the Bible at all times in your native language, and a copy of the Confessions of the Lutheran Church, if you can find one in your native language. If not, one in English might serve you well.

Read the Word and inwardly digest it, and study the truths of Scripture as explicated in the Confessions. You will be a better man for it, I assure you.

In Christ,

Diego

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum David. If you are really looking for God, He can be found. I pray your search is fruitful.

7051.gif

Brother: you know what the Muslim community will do to You for embracing JESUS ! Move to a Christian suburb;or another city and change your name so they hopefully cannot find you. Be wise,young Christian,we do not need another Martyr. Tell us,please;if we can help you in any way ! I pray for you and your family..

Edited by pastor marty
hit the wrong key /didn't want to edit
  • Like 1

@David Asafu Hello brother, I am encouraged by your bravery and your dedication to finding truth! Jesus is love and brings the message of living Water. Through Him we have life, and life more abundantly. I will pray for you David! I have been to Morocco in training with the US military. You're country welcomed us and treated us as guests! I hold a warm place in my heart for the Moroccan people. I will pray God will use you to be His child and His messenger to the Moroccan people!

I just noticed that the poster hasn't been active on this forum since August 14.  It looks as if we will have to wait until we get to Heaven to find out whether or not he did become a Christian.