The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Civilwarbuff

Here we go again......

Mainstream media deliver most outlandish and hyperbolic reactions to Trump since election night

USA Today reported in a front-page story: “Every nation has an infamous traitor. … And now, after a news conference Monday in Finland, the term is being used in relations to the 45th president of the United States. Donald Trump, master of the political insult, finds himself on the receiving end.”

The New York Daily News screamed "OPEN TREASON” on its cover page with a cartoon showing Trump holding Putin’s hand and holding a gun in his other hand and shooting Uncle Sam in the head. Really.

CNN host Fareed Zakaria wasn’t satisfied with “treason” as a descriptor. “I feel like treasonous is too weak a word, because the whole thing has taken on an air of such unreality,” he said.

Zakaria had lots of company: CNN analyst Max Boot, MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace, and, of course, former CIA Director John Brennan, who now works for NBC and MSNBC.

CNN presidential historian Douglas Brinkley said “the spirit of what Trump did is clearly treasonous,” and declared that the president “came off as being a puppet of Putin.”

MSNBC brought on presidential historian Jon Meacham and he agreed that, with the Russia connection, “the definition it meets is the first word of the impeachment article in the Constitution, which is, treason, bribery and high crimes and misdemeanors.”

More hyperventilating here: www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/22/mainstream-media-deliver-most-outlandish-and-hyperbolic-reactions-to-trump-since-election-night.html

I wonder if the left wing of the lame-stream media is trying extra hard to be irrelevant that they will somehow, right before the election, suddenly become relevant again.  Of course I may be giving them way too much credit.

• Like 1

The media just needs a reason as to why the Dims are going to stink in the midterm elections so they're creating one. There has to be a reason "OTHER" than the Dims have no ideas and stink, it's got to be someone else's fault...

Edited by Uncle Siggy

Putin challenged Meuller and Trump sided with him concerning the witch hunt. 

That put the left into an absolute tizzy. It wasn’t about any betterment of America or otherwise. America was not the issue. Meuller is the left’s last hope to delegitimize the election.   

Edited by Potluck
  • Like 2