SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
fastlife10

How I manage my anxiety

fastlife10

Well I always had dealt with anxiety since I can remember but it was all under control until last week. Since then I had nothing but bad anxiety and panic attacks with sleepless nights and waking up during the night anxious and scared. I been changing the way I eat which had help a bit I eat blueberries with Greek yogurt in the morning and also some 78% dark chocolate for snacks I eat about 1.5 oz which is half a bar. I read it helps for anxiety and it does and for night I drink a cup of chamomile tea  with a tea spoon of raw honey all of these things had help with my anxiety but the main thing which change my whole view and felt a HUGE impact is my relationship with God. I'm no preacher yet I felt this was the way God called me to have a relationship with him. I haven't felt so calm and relax in a while yet so at peace.  I invite all of yall suffering from anxiety and all your problems to give God a chance to help you trust me you won't regret it yet you don't have much to loose. Jesus was right there with you even on times you felt anxiety was winning he was there by your side waiting for you to call for him to help. You don't have to do this alone; God would love to help you. Give him a chance to change your life and let him take all your worries and fears away since that's the cause of your anxiety. In the Bible it states with God there shouldn't be no fear ; maybe this the way God is asking you to come and start a relationship with him. It has change my life for ever and my anxiety has not been the same. I got God to help me and he hasn't let me down I always remember i have a good friend who never gonna let me down and will ALWAYS be there for me. Give him a chance and see what God can do for you not just thru anxiety but to all your problems. Find a church and start going to it as soon as I stepped inside I shed tears of hope and felt this undescridable feeling that made me smile something i havent done in days .i hope y'all have a wonderful day don't let anxiety take over your life. You have a life to live without worry , you deserve happiness.Your bigger than it and no matter what keep your faith up. Blessing to all yall☺

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-would-god-say-to-your-anxiety

Placable37
1 hour ago, fastlife10 said:

In the Bible it states with God there shouldn't be no fear ; maybe this the way God is asking you to come and start a relationship with him.

Hi fastlife10, Welcome. Hope you will go from strength to strength in your relationship with God our Father, through the love of Christ our Saviour, by the Holy Spirit our Comforter.

2Ti 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

PetHesedZao

Anxiety should not be in the believers life or body as Paul clearly states that we are not to anxious about anything

William
Staff
9 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

Anxiety should not be in the believers life or body as Paul clearly states that we are not to anxious about anything

Yea, Jesus shouldn't have expressed anxiety by sweating blood before going to the cross while in the Garden of Gethsemane. No real Christian needs to turn to the Father in prayer and angels to strengthen them.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

PetHesedZao

No, Jesus took ALL our anxieties in His own body on the Cross.

William, have you been baptized with the Spirit, speaking with new tongues??

William
Staff
3 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

William, have you been baptized with the Spirit, speaking with new tongues??

Becky
14 hours ago, PetHesedZao said:

Posted 14 hours ago @PetHesedZao said.

Becky, we've got to remember that Paul was a man just as we are and although he was a great servant of Christ Jesus he didn't have the answers to every trial that came his way

PetHesedZao

Jesus spoke with new tongues and so must we His body on the Earth.

Origen
5 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

Which verse states Jesus spoke in new tongues?

• Like 1

Becky
4 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

In what way do you mean? He also died on the Cross so must we? 

• Like 1

th1bill
On 8/29/2019 at 2:48 PM, PetHesedZao said:

I do not wish to be perceived as snutty but don't you mean Peter?  And of course we are not to seek to follow any leader except they lead us closer to the Messiah.

PetHesedZao

Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit at the River Jordan. He spoke with new tongues when He fellowshipped with the angels in the wilderness. 

Becky
24 minutes ago, PetHesedZao said:

Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit at the River Jordan. He spoke with new tongues when He fellowshipped with the angels in the wilderness. 

What is the passage reference for your post

th1bill

Please sir, these moderators and I seek to never walk into the endless ravene of heresy and  you'll witness that except trying to be polite in responses, we use the man made scripture addresses for the conviemce of the learning and the unlearned. 

45All the circumcised believers who had accompanied Peter were astounded that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46For they heard them speaking in tongues and exalting God. Then Peter said, 47“Can anyone withhold the water to baptize these people? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have!”…

Berean Study Bible · Download

Cross References

Mark 16:17
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

Acts 2:4
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Acts 19:6
And when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.

Matthew A.Duvall
On 7/14/2018 at 3:32 PM, fastlife10 said:

Well I always had dealt with anxiety since I can remember but it was all under control until last week. Since then I had nothing but bad anxiety and panic attacks with sleepless nights and waking up during the night anxious and scared. I been changing the way I eat which had help a bit I eat blueberries with Greek yogurt in the morning and also some 78% dark chocolate for snacks I eat about 1.5 oz which is half a bar. I read it helps for anxiety and it does and for night I drink a cup of chamomile tea  with a tea spoon of raw honey all of these things had help with my anxiety but the main thing which change my whole view and felt a HUGE impact is my relationship with God. I'm no preacher yet I felt this was the way God called me to have a relationship with him. I haven't felt so calm and relax in a while yet so at peace.  I invite all of yall suffering from anxiety and all your problems to give God a chance to help you trust me you won't regret it yet you don't have much to loose. Jesus was right there with you even on times you felt anxiety was winning he was there by your side waiting for you to call for him to help. You don't have to do this alone; God would love to help you. Give him a chance to change your life and let him take all your worries and fears away since that's the cause of your anxiety. In the Bible it states with God there shouldn't be no fear ; maybe this the way God is asking you to come and start a relationship with him. It has change my life for ever and my anxiety has not been the same. I got God to help me and he hasn't let me down I always remember i have a good friend who never gonna let me down and will ALWAYS be there for me. Give him a chance and see what God can do for you not just thru anxiety but to all your problems. Find a church and start going to it as soon as I stepped inside I shed tears of hope and felt this undescridable feeling that made me smile something i havent done in days .i hope y'all have a wonderful day don't let anxiety take over your life. You have a life to live without worry , you deserve happiness.Your bigger than it and no matter what keep your faith up. Blessing to all yall☺

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-would-god-say-to-your-anxiety

God has  promises that every believer should sue for ; " Cast thy burden upon the Lord and He shall sustain thee .He shall never suffer the righteous to be

moved." Ps.55:22  Claim it by faith . And believe with St.Peter ; " Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He might exalt you in due

time ,casting all your care upon Him,for He cares for you." 1st.Peter 5:6 .    M