SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
SkepticalOne

Hello from the sunny South!

SkepticalOne

Hello!  I am a Senior Citizen currently living in the sunny Southeast, and a lifelong Methodist (United Methodist), and a "believer," though my beliefs may be a bit different than some (or even most), as I am a very serious Bible researcher, and what the mainstream Methodists have today is actually a revision of the Roman Church's Vulgate and Protestant revision during the Reformation.  So, what I believe may not be the same as what you, or others, believe.  Bear with me, please, and consider that my beliefs are based on nearly 50 years of Bible study and research, not on "traditional" doctrine/dogma.   My personal opinion is that the  Methodist Church (and Christianity in general) is in sad shape today and has fallen away from Biblical doctrine and is teaching based on socio-political winds, not what the Bible, in its oldest, closest to original text, actually says.  Having said all that, let me hasten to add that I believe God (Yahweh) exists, and Jesus (Yeshuah) is our Savior and the Son of God, and from what I can see, there is no good reason to disbelieve the existence of God, nor any good reason to disbelieve "Creation," as opposed to the theory of evolution (which has yet to be even remotely proven to be "fact," rather than theory).  I use the handle "SkepticalOne" for the simple reason that in my nearly 50 years of Bible study and research, I have found that it pays to be skeptical of the text until it is, or can be, verified by the oldest extant manuscripts, or commentaries which my contain references to texts that are even older but no longer exist. There are, literally, scores of Bible Editions, and there are many variations. I am not  a member of any other Bible Forum, and basically am joining this one to do more research and see if I can learn anything new!  I am now retired and somewhat limited in my activities by health issues, but I am still mobile and breathing, so it's a good day!!

Edited by SkepticalOne
addition
  • Like 2

Placable37
21 minutes ago, SkepticalOne said:

Hello!  I am a Senior Citizen currently living in the sunny Southeast, and a lifelong Methodist (United Methodist), and a "believer," though my beliefs may be a bit different than some (or even most), as I am a very serious Bible researcher, and what the mainstream Methodists have today is actually a revision of the Roman Church's Vulgate and Protestant revision during the Reformation.  So, what I believe may not be the same as what you, or others, believe.  Bear with me, please, and consider that my beliefs are based on nearly 50 years of Bible study and research, not on "traditional" doctrine/dogma.   My personal opinion is that the  Methodist Church (and Christianity in general) is in sad shape today and has fallen away from Biblical doctrine and is teaching based on socio-political winds, not what the Bible, in its oldest, closest to original text, actually says.  Having said all that, let me hasten to add that I believe God (Yahweh) exists, and Jesus (Yeshuah) is our Savior and the Son of God, and from what I can see, there is no good reason to disbelieve the existence of God, nor any good reason to disbelieve "Creation," as opposed to the theory of evolution (which has yet to be even remotely proven to be "fact," rather than theory).  I use the handle "SkepticalOne" for the simple reason that in my nearly 50 years of Bible study and research, I have found that it pays to be skeptical of the text until it is, or can be, verified by the oldest extant manuscripts, or commentaries which my contain references to texts that are even older but no longer exist. There are, literally, scores of Bible Editions, and there are many variations. I am not  a member of any other Bible Forum, and basically am joining this one to do more research and see if I can learn anything new!  I am now retired and somewhat limited in my activities by health issues, but I am still mobile and breathing, so it's a good day!!

Welcome,  SkepticalOne. You might find some takers for your textual research. I'll look out for some activity. 

• Like 3

SkepticalOne
1 hour ago, Placable37 said:

Welcome,  SkepticalOne. You might find some takers for your textual research. I'll look out for some activity. 

Thanks for the welcome, Placable!   Always interested in a good debate, and the sad fact is most "Christians" today have very little concept of church history or the history of the Biblical text, whether OT or NT.

• Like 2

Joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

• Like 1

Just Mike

Skepticalone, we more (mature) older ones, have a lot in common. The more mileage we have on these bones, the more maintenance it requires to keep us keeping on. Its wonderful to hear of another older man who studies the Bible in a serious way. What Bible do you read from the most? Do you have a favorite couple of Scriptures to share?

For me I see so many (mature) people having what they call fun that never seems to stop. I see a lot of senior's shortly after retirement go and buy a huge RV that is in reality a big bus, and a driver of a bus as big as the RV is required to have a special Drivers license, but not Mr. Senior Citizen.  So off they go driving like they own the road inconsiderate of having 20 people behind him as he slowly putts along at 45 mph. They never give any thought about God, or that they have only have maybe 10 years left to live. How many senior's have seen their retirement savings go up in smoke, because while RVing their health went South while they were driving "North to Alaska", and their home was in Kansas. Yep just about everyone as we get older develops some health issues.

So Skepticalone I want to welcome you to the forum.

• Haha 1