SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Star

Relationship

Star

Hello everyone! I need some advice! I am a new Christian and recently repented and turned my life to Christ . I was married in the past and am now divorced. However me and the ex are trying to work things out but we are not living together! My question is can we still be intimate with each other? He says we are still married in the eyes of God. I am so confused! I don’t want to mess up 

Knotical

There is a very limited number of reasons for a biblical divorce, one of those being infidelity.  So, if either one, or both, of you have been unfaithful then the marriage can be dissolved in God's eyes.  If neither of you has done something that would qualify for a biblical divorce, then yes you are still married in the eyes of God.  This does not mean, however, that you are not allowed to reconcile and rekindle your marriage.  If you find yourselves going back down that path, it would certainly be better than to completely walk away and start other relationships.

Really, the only reason for a biblical divorce for the offended party to justifiably start a new marriage with someone else without it being considered adultery is if the other party in the marriage was unfaithful.

• Like 1

Innerfire89

It's good that you want to get back with your ex, but both of you should make your getting back together official.

In other words, don't just have sex with your ex, have sex with your spouse again.

I've seen it quite a few times that ex's will start to come back together and start having sex again because they were once one flesh, but then one of them goes of again and dose thier own thing, not truly respecting marriage or their spouse, they're just justifying their way of putting out the fire in thier pants. 

• Like 1

Just Mike

May I suggest that you both need a solid Biblical Christian counselor. The problems you had when you got divorced at still likely there, just hidden for the moment. Sex is a HUGE attraction for both of you. Sexual tension can put your brains where they don't function and you forget the past, for the moment. We all know what's that like and its pretty normal. Men get pretty excited about getting the feeling they are loved and sex accomplishes that real well for most men. 

You are no longer one flesh, and this just might turn out like a one night stand, or a few more. If his and your desire for restoration take your time, put your marriage back with Jesus Christ doing to glutting together of both your broken lives that turned into pieces, that got so bad that divorce was your only option. God is able to do above and beyond what you can believe. But keep sex out of the picture until your truly one in Jesus Christ.  Start your marriage out renewed with Jesus Christ as the center. If you two can't pray together now before you get married you most like ly never will. Test him out and see exactly where his true thinking is, unless he exhibits a desire to grow your relationship together in Jesus Christ, and wait until your are married he is not really wanting to do the work that will take to put your lives back together. I pray this helps and my words represent what God might say Himself.

bhopefu11

Hi, friend. While it is great to know that you and your ex-husband have almost worked it out to be restored in into marriage again. As innerfire89 suggested, I think you both should marry again before you get intimate with each other. Be assured of my prayers for you. May the Lord surround you with His loving presence, and give you the wisdom and guidance you're seeking.