SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
jscietologys

Ideas on the crucifiction

jscietologys

Hi, I have discovered an idea about the crucifiction. It is that maybe Christ was crucified because he went against the natural laws of God. Working miracles like turning water into wine is in some ways distorting the Force, and the force thus dictates a rebuttal form of events on the distorter therin, namely the crucifiction to jesus. 

what do you think. 

Faber

What is the "Force"? Is it related to what is in the movie Star Wars?

Placable37
14 hours ago, jscietologys said:

Hi, I have discovered an idea about the crucifiction. It is that maybe Christ was crucified because he went against the natural laws of God. Working miracles like turning water into wine is in some ways distorting the Force, and the force thus dictates a rebuttal form of events on the distorter therin, namely the crucifiction to jesus. 

what do you think. 

Rubbish.

• Like 2
  • Toast 1

Civilwarbuff
20 hours ago, jscietologys said:

what do you think. 

Just curious, does God use a light saber?

• Haha 3

Knotical

Everything Christ did was part of God's plan.  He was not being punished for anything He did.  He was suffering the ultimate price for what we have done, and are doing.

Think of it this way: since Jesus is God how could He go against His own natural laws?

• Like 4

SkepticalOne
On 7/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, jscietologys said:

what do you think. 

Haven't read the Gospels or Acts/Romans have you?  They make it pretty clear why he was crucified, and it certainly had nothing to do  with going against natural law.

On 7/8/2018 at 7:00 AM, Knotical said:

Everything Christ did was part of God's plan.  He was not being punished for anything He did.  He was suffering the ultimate price for what we have done, and are doing.

Think of it this way: since Jesus is God how could He go against His own natural laws?

• Like 1

William
Staff
On 7/8/2018 at 4:56 AM, Civilwarbuff said:

Just curious, does God use a light saber?

Dunno but I want one:

• Like 2

ConfessionalLutheran
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:00 AM, Knotical said:

Exactly. God ( unlike " the Force") is not some figment of a money- maker's imagination and Jesus ( God the Son) does His Father's work. He voluntarily took on human flesh to bear our sins and be our Savior. Here is a fairly basic Catechism that explains things.. 

CATECHISM.CPH.ORG

Martin Luther addresses faithful and godly pastors and preachers in his Preface to the Small Catechism.

God bless you on your journey!

ConfessionalLutheran
24 minutes ago, ConfessionalLutheran said:

Exactly. God ( unlike " the Force") is not some figment of a money- maker's imagination and Jesus ( God the Son) does His Father's work. He voluntarily took on human flesh to bear our sins and be our Savior. Here is a fairly basic Catechism that explains things.. 

CATECHISM.CPH.ORG

Martin Luther addresses faithful and godly pastors and preachers in his Preface to the Small Catechism.

God bless you on your journey!

Sorry, I forgot what subforum I was in. Here's something from my local Church of Christ website: 

MANASSASCHURCH.ORG

The First Principles Class meets every Sunday at 9:00 AM in Room 12 First door down the hall from the Fellowship Room.  The class is taught by our Brother Owen Mullenax, a former Elder.  His teaching will help you to prepare for more advanced study, to know how to approach and teach an intrested person who would like to begin learning the bible.  The class is for all age groups, and...
Read more  

Origen

There is nothing even remotely Church of Christ about this thread.

• Like 1

ConfessionalLutheran

I moved this thread to " Theological Debate."

• Like 1

atpollard
On 7/7/2018 at 11:34 AM, jscietologys said:

what do you think. 

Who gets crucified to re-balance the natural laws for all of God's other miracles?

What I think is that this theory is both very unbiblical and not very well thought out.

(PS.  Jesus continued to violate natural laws even after he was resurrected ... like appearing and disappearing along a road or in a locked room.)

Edited by atpollard
  • Like 1

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, jscietologys said:

what do you think. 

What on earth are you talking about ? M

Placable37
1 hour ago, Matthew Duvall said:

What on earth are you talking about ? M

The clue is in the title..."cruci-fiction".

• Like 1

ConfessionalLutheran
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:51 AM, Placable37 said:

The clue is in the title..."cruci-fiction".

Point taken. I suppose the warning should have been implicit in the word fiction,  but I thought it was a case of simple misspelling. Oops.